• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makedonche
    • Oct 2008

'small gift for a good friend'.

Spectacle in Ankara, 580 Guests for Macedonia's Independence
    Monday, 12 September 2011

Macedonia's independence celebration in Ankara, Turkey was the talk of the town this weekend. 580 guests, including the ambassadors of USA, France, Germany, Syria, Bulgaria, Russia, Croatia, Albania, Switzerland, Sweden, Japan, Poland, UK, Bosnia, Belgium, Italy, Kuwait, Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, China, Tajikistan... the majors of 14 cities, MPs, CEO's of numerous companies, actors were all present at the gala.

To honor the holiday, official Ankara unvelied a two level 20,000 sq meters park named Macedonia in Ankara's most exclusive district of Cankaya. Turkish President Abdullah Gül called this a 'small gift for a good friend'.

The Turkish community in Macedonia applauded the gesture.

Turkish MPs, Foreign Ministers Davutoglu, PM Erdogan, the Minister of Economy Caglayan all sent letters to congratulate the holiday to Mak politicians.

This is truly a sign of good neighbourly relations and a great honour for all Macedonians! The most compelling part of this magnificent gesture of good will is the name "a 20,000 sq .m. park named MACEDONIA - not fyrom! Many heartfelt warm thanks to our friendly turkish neighbours!
    (Some of our other neighbours might want to take this opportunity to educate themselves in good neighbourly conduct!)

Source: http://macedoniaonline.eu/
    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Political or not, on the state level, Turkey has generally been a good friend to Macedonia. They seem to be interested in good business, regional cooperation and overall progress, and I can't see any ulterior motives aside from those mentioned, at least not any that are blatantly obvious. They have generally displayed the attributes of a sensible leader in the region, and their government respects our identity more than our own government respects itself.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      their government respects our identity more than our own government respects itself.
      I agree, what a shame.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
        • Nov 2009

This shows how much they support us.
        Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Turkey have been Macedonias best ally so far. That was a nice gesture.
          Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

As anywhere, the Grand Bazaar in Turkey, is ,show me your money anglo tourist. Once I said I was Macedonian, they were so friendly, polite and respectful, offering tea at their stalls! It happened on many occasions, and felt so welcomed (hubby was miffed saying they should treat all people like that) , but can honestly say, they genuinely care about Macedonians in the way I was treated there.

Thank you Turkey, for recognising Macedonia and Macedonians, and thank you for such a wonderful gift, it is not a small gift, but an enormous gift to us, because you honour us as a people, and respect our right to self determination, perhaps the west can take notes, Grks, and the Macedonian government....especially seeing they cant even name our warrior on a horse in fear of upsetting others, yet you call the square MACEDONIA

Thank you
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Onur
              • Apr 2010

Btw, Cankaya is really the most exclusive district of the capital, Ankara. First of all, the presidential palace is in there and most of the embassies. The residents of that district are mostly the foreign embassy officials and diplomats.

I think Greek officers wont be happy to walk by the Macedonian park everyday in Ankara !!!
              Last edited by Onur; 09-13-2011, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• makedonche
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                Btw, Cankaya is really the most exclusive district of the capital, Ankara. First of all, the presidential palace is in there and most of the embassies. The residents of that district are mostly the foreign embassy officials and diplomats.

I think Greek officers wont be happy to walk by the Macedonian park everyday in Ankara !!!
                The prime location makes it even more impressive and honourable!
                As for the Greek officers - it's good for them to get a taste of what is inevitibly going to happen eventually!
                On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

the wusses didn't even want to serve in afghanistan.Where as our soldiers are more braver than them received bravery awards.The greeks want to get gory & respect but not work for it.Sound familiar.I wouldn't let them near the park they may think it's theirs.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                  X