X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

You're fat, sort yourself out!

Hi all, I had a recent health epiphany that I would like to share with you. My transformation has quite simply been remarkable.

I used to be a lower level god but have now ascended even higher after embracing the logic of the following videos. If you want to live well, you would be crazy not to embrace the logic of these brilliant people:

Health Channel that focuses on all aspects of Natural Health & Wellness featuring Olympic decathlete & holistic doctor, Dr. Sten Ekberg with Wellness For Life. You'll learn to master holistic health, stay healthy naturally, live longer and have quality of life by learning how the body really works. Dr. Ekberg covers health tips like healthy foods to eat, nutrition, weight loss, healthy keto diet, low carb foods, intermittent fasting, holistic health tips, lower blood pressure, reverse insulin resistance, reduce stress, how to exercise, thyroid issues, brain health, stretches & more Videos every Friday at 6:15am ET ▶️ SUBSCRIBE TO MASTER YOUR HEALTH http://bit.ly/2vtLhpK Dr. Sten Ekberg • Holistic Natural Health Doctor • Education in Nutrition, Neurology, Physiology, Chiropractic & Functional Medicine • Olympic Decathlete, Swedish National Record Holder & NCAA Div I Record Holder in Decathlon Wellness For Life 5920 Odell St CummingGA 30040 USA https://www.DrEkberg.com

Stay healthy and .... you're welcome.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Risto

Have you seen the work of David Sinclair...?

Taken from JRE #1670 w/David Sinclair:https://open.spotify.com/episode/55UlxYWPfV46f7puMkZPeD?si=WBxKap8wSb-hUv-dV7Q2ig&dl_branch=1

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

No I haven't, but the last link I gave is a Dr that clearly has embraced Sinclair's work. I'm on it! Thanks.
      Risto the Great

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        No I haven't, but the last link I gave is a Dr that clearly has embraced Sinclair's work. I'm on it! Thanks.
        You will find a mountain of interviews featuring Sinclair on YouTube, some of which are quite lengthy and detailed, extremely interesting stuff.

The stuff on intermittent fasting which is shared by the ketogenic and Atkins diets/lifestyles crowd (low carb, high protein) where minimising the feeding 'window' during the day is the key to controlling insulin spikes and therefor minimising the damage that those spikes create within the body is an eye opener.

It turns on its head the so called conventional wisdom of 'grazing' throughout the day or that breakfast is the 'most important' meal of the day.

The modern convenient and relatively safe lifestyles that most enjoy along with the regularity of our feeding patterns and the poor food choices over the last 2 generations (for most people, the last 60 years) is at total odds with how we have evolved as a species in the last 200,000 years...no wonder our bodies start to breakdown so readily after the age of about 40...and many succumb to 'lifestyle diseases' such as Type 2 diabetes.

Our biology can't adapt quickly enough to the technological advances that we enjoy that make our lives more sedentary and environmentally controlled and comfortable while our food sources are becoming more artificial and toxic to the finely tuned balance or homeostasis demanded by our bodies.

The message seems to be a more spartan approach to life and how and when we fuel our bodies...how we expose our bodies to the environment, how cold temperature exposure creates spikes in the bodies ability to increase human growth hormone that is associated with adding to longevity...adequate time spent in the sun to maximise vitamin D exposure with its associated benefits to ones physiology and mood...instead our modern lifestyle is mostly environmentally controlled at all times at around 21C.

The importance of movement, physical activity and high intensity exertion that activates our fight or flight mechanism and it's associated release of various important hormones in the body that are otherwise never released with our sedentary lifestyle.

The avoidance of highly processed foods that cause insulin spikes and to eat clean/natural foods only when your body demands it - not based on an arbitrary system of breakfast, lunch and dinner, with snacks in-between...
        Last edited by Phoenix; 08-12-2021, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

It is revolutionary. And yet so painfully simple. The Indian cardiologist in the first 2 videos conveys all that you said so elegantly. I am back at the same weight as I was when 18 years old and have boundless energy.

Sugar will be the end of us. I did a 5 day fast a couple of weeks ago .... loving the ongoing effects of that. Next long fast in 3 months. Bring on the autophagy!

A bit of self love from 2 weeks ago here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSBkmcZIRzy/

Even more ripped now as the body reinvents itself. Sometimes OMAD. Cranking the vitamin D + K2, drinking extra virgin olive oil, turshia and kefir, almost zero carbs (sometimes resistant starch), grass fed/finished meat and eggs. Anyone not doing it is aiming for a very unsatisfactory and health compromised life.

If anyone is eating some nice muesli, a juice, piece of wholemeal toast and coffee and fruit at the start of the day ... (and thinks they are actually being healthy) ... then prepare to be horrified!

The modern convenient and relatively safe lifestyles that most enjoy along with the regularity of our feeding patterns and the poor food choices over the last 2 generations (for most people, the last 60 years) is at total odds with how we have evolved as a species in the last 200,000 years...no wonder our bodies start to breakdown so readily after the age of about 40...and many succumb to 'lifestyle diseases' such as Type 2 diabetes.
          And then I learned Dementia is also known as Type 3 diabetes ....
          Risto the Great

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

...I am back at the same weight as I was when 18 years old and have boundless energy...
            I think getting back to the weight range you were when you were between 18 to 21 years of age is part of the 'holy grail' of good health for most people.

Sugar will be the end of us...
            For anybody unfamiliar with the work of Prof. Robert Lustig -

(1:06 - Start of Presentation) Robert H. Lustig, MD, UCSF Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology, explores the damage caused by sugary food...

...I did a 5 day fast a couple of weeks ago .... loving the ongoing effects of that. Next long fast in 3 months. Bring on the autophagy!
            You need to pick a fasting pattern that works for your lifestyle, I prefer the 16/8 because it works a bit better with my shift work patterns, sometimes even that can be a challenge.

...A bit of self love from 2 weeks ago here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSBkmcZIRzy/
            Risto's gay Mardi Gras audition pics...lol

...Even more ripped now as the body reinvents itself. Sometimes OMAD. Cranking the vitamin D + K2, drinking extra virgin olive oil, turshia and kefir, almost zero carbs (sometimes resistant starch), grass fed/finished meat and eggs. Anyone not doing it is aiming for a very unsatisfactory and health compromised life.
            Love the kefir, also don't forget the fermented veggies that are great for good gut health...if you don't know Ben Warren -

Leading Clinical Nutritionist Ben Warren was invited to the Les Mills International's office to present his Top 10 Tips on Gut Health to their team.In this v...

...If anyone is eating some nice muesli, a juice, piece of wholemeal toast and coffee and fruit at the start of the day ... (and thinks they are actually being healthy) ... then prepare to be horrified!

And then I learned Dementia is also known as Type 3 diabetes ....
            Yep, they believe it is all soooooo healthy...especially the extra pieces of fruit...what many people don't realise is that most fruits are far different today than they were 30, 50 or 100 years ago...most fruit has been modified and bred to have a far higher fructose and glucose content to make it more palatable to the consumer...

Comment

• Karposh
              • Aug 2015

A bit of self love from 2 weeks ago here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSBkmcZIRzy/
              Looks like it's mainly chicks commenting on your instagram...Your missus might have to put you on a leash soon if you keep this up Risto.

Comment

• Karposh
                • Aug 2015

All jokes aside, there's nothing more important than looking after your health and well being. It's so easy to just let yourself go and give up but it shouldn't be like that. I recently decided to get my shit together too and I'm quite proud to say that I've dropped over 20kg's in about 18 months. Just by getting more active and eating well, it's amazing how good you start to feel while watching the weight come off and becoming more spritely and energetic at the same time. Even though I have never looked like a fat c*nt, even when I topped out at 117kg (I've been weight training since I was a teenager), I felt sluggish and unfit for a while there. I'm 93kg at the moment and, like yourself, I haven't felt this good about myself since I was in my 20's. I've worn out two pairs of sneakers in the process but it's all been worth it. I'll have a look at what you and Phoenix have posted but, so far, my 5km jogs about 4-5 nights/week have worked wonders for me (plus a good diet of course).

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Karposh, well done. You can do it all easier with the 16:8 intermittent fasting. No need for all the jogging. Lose the sugar and the weight simply falls off. It really is that easy.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                    Looks like it's mainly chicks commenting on your instagram...Your missus might have to put you on a leash soon if you keep this up Risto.
                    Probably be more disturbing if guys commented haha. To be fair though, at my age, I am happy for any comments.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Karposh
                      • Aug 2015

Thanks. I'll try and give that a go but there are some things that will be hard to quit (like cheese & bread for example).

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Cheese is great (hard cheeses especially), bread has no place in a healthy food plan!
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                          I'm putting my money not on chicks, but old fat pederi pretending to be chicks who are sussing out our royal friend...and are baiting him for the money-shot pics in his collection...

Arguably the most talented man that I know, I always wonder how far the great one could go if he wasn't the wallflower that has grown on us over the years...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Better to be a flower on the wall than under the foot!
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Just bought some pickled garlic. The nevesta needn't worry, nobody is coming close to me!
                              Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                              X