Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlin
    • Dec 2011

The German Bundestag will approve a start to Macedonia’s accession talks in September, Chancellor Angela Merkel has told Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, authorities in Skopje said.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

A start to starting to talk. I love the doublespeak. Honestly, Macedonians are masters of that kind of talk. Yet they still can't call bullshit on this. Amazing.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
        The German Bundestag will approve a start to Macedonia’s accession talks in September, Chancellor Angela Merkel has told Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, authorities in Skopje said.
        The so called 'authorities' in Skopje have made many bold claims...the lemmings in Macedonia seem to have quite an appetite for such bold claims...first it was to be in June, then July and now September...after that it will be sometime in 2020, then 2021, then...you get the picture...the pattern would be obvious to a preschool kid but not to the lemming majority...

By September we could see a new greek government in power and any prospect of accession talks will be wiped off the table...even NATO membership is not certainty by that stage...although the greeks have ratified it in their parliament, it won't stop a new greek government from doing a deal with a friendly NATO member that is yet to ratify it in their parliament...

This is the unscrupulous, morally bankrupt and racist scum that Zaev and Dimitrov have handed their arses to, along with a handwritten message of appreciation for the newly acquired searing sensation and an unease in sitting down...

To think that some of Macedonia's greatest historical enemies, Greece and Bulgaria would somehow turn the other cheek and reconcile all their differences overnight and make it smooth sailing into a glorious sunset is a naivety rarely seen in politics and statesmanship anywhere in the world...

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

MACEDONIA
          I changed my name
          Wiped away our history
          Gave away our sovereignty
          And all i got was this lousy t shirt

I've patent it and i'm going to make lots of money.......
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• JPMKD
            • Mar 2016

June, July, September......
            As my late mom would say, "Vetter"
            Not a Northadonian

Comment

• JPMKD
              • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
              MACEDONIA
              I changed my name
              Wiped away our history
              Gave away our sovereignty
              And all i got was this lousy t shirt

I've patent it and i'm going to make lots of money.......
              Love it. Those should be big in the UK and a few other EU countries.
              Not a Northadonian

Comment

• Carlin
                • Dec 2011

North Macedonia on track for EU accession talks but not Albania, diplomats say

URL:
                North Macedonia is likely to win European Union support to start membership talks later this year, diplomats say, but its Balkan neighbour Albania faces opposition in France, Germany and the Netherlands.

North Macedonia is likely to win European Union support to start membership talks later this year, diplomats say, but its Balkan neighbour Albania faces opposition in France, Germany and the Netherlands.

Despite EU rhetoric that the bloc needs to accept new members from the Western Balkans to cement their European path and offset Chinese and Russian influence, anti-immigration sentiment has raised doubts in some northern EU states.

Backed by a number of EU governments and the European Commission, Albania and North Macedonia had hoped that the bloc's Europe ministers would give the go-ahead to membership talks at a meeting next Tuesday in Luxembourg.

That would have cleared the way for approval by EU leaders at a summit in Brussels on June 20-21.

But neither country will be given the green light then, diplomats and EU officials told Reuters, even though 13 EU countries including Italy and Poland, the European Council's President Donald Tusk and the Commission have publicly called for formal negotiations to begin.

Now, the latest agreement is to reach a deal among EU governments in September, but only for North Macedonia, which is also set to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation in 2020.

"North Macedonia has a good chance (for EU membership talks), given the historic resolution of its name issue," one senior EU official said, referring to a decades-old dispute with Greece that blocked its path to the EU and the NATO alliance.

The name change from Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia to Republic of North Macedonia has given Skopje momentum and is likely to persuade Paris, Berlin and The Hague to back EU talks.

"But Albania is still a big issue for some governments. It is not looking so promising," the official said.

Perceived as one of Europe's most corrupt countries, according to Transparency International, Albania - which is already a NATO member - has made only limited progress in combating money laundering, EU and US officials say, despite firing corrupt judges and prosectutors.

Four other Western Balkan nations - Bosnia, Kosovo and the two frontrunners Serbia and Montenegro - are also seeking EU membership.

No entry?

In June 2018, France and the Netherlands unexpectedly blocked the start of EU talks for Albania and North Macedonia, seeking more reforms. Diplomats said the move reflected concerns about the impact on voters in EU elections in May, 2019.

With the European Parliament election out of the way, France and the Netherlands were expected to fall into line, while the EU headquarters invited Albania's Prime Minister Edi Rama and North Macedonia's President Stevo Pendarovski to Brussels.

On a visit to Brussels earlier this month, Sokol Dedja, Albania's deputy Europe and foreign minister, said it was time for the bloc to stop using the need for preparatory reforms "as a way of keeping countries out of the European Union."

EU membership talks, which typically last up to a decade, are a de facto reform process to bring nations up to EU levels.

Despite victories in the EU election for the far-right in Italy, Poland and Hungary, talks of future membership for Albania and North Macedonia did not appear to play into the hands of those pledging to stop immigration.

French and Dutch far-right parties lost seats compared to their showing in 2014. However, on June 11, the Dutch parliament passed a motion opposing the opening of talks with Albania, although a similar motion for North Macedonia did not pass.

The German government wants a green light for Macedonia, but there is no agreement on Albania, which the centre-right in the coalition see as a problem state. The Bundestag lower house has agreed to postpone any decision until September.

[Reuters]

Last edited by Carlin; 06-16-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• Niko777
                  • Oct 2010

ZAEV: "Europe needs to remain more sex appeal - sexaple lady in the world to motivate us to continue in this direction."

VIDEO: https://youtu.be/H9mcfd4fPr4

Comment

• Carlin
                    • Dec 2011

Rama asks Pendarovski to remember who had him elected President, after he calls for the “decoupling” of Macedonia from Albania

URL:

Reuters reports that Macedonia will receive approval to open EU accession talks later this year, while Albania will be left out. This, and a comment from Macedonian President Stevo Pendarovski, sparked a bitter tweet from Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama. In an interview with Euractiv Pendarovski called for “decoupling” of the EU accession talks of the two countries so that Macedonia can advance without being held back by Albania, but Rama reminded Pendarovski and his SDSM party of the support they received from Albanian voters and from Albania.

President Pendarovski implicitly favours “decoupling from Albania?” Strange to hear this, especially when one considers the key contribution of Albania and Albanians in our friendly neighbour’s state democratic developments and European path. Doesn’t sound right nor practical frankly!, Rama tweeted out.

During his visit to Brussels, Pendarovski openly called for the “decoupling” of Macedonia from Albania, adding that Albania is “in disarray”.

The biggest problem now is the decoupling with Albania. Albania is now in disarray. The opposition has walked out of institutions and it’s getting tenser. So what can we say here? We have had positive recommendations from the Commission before, and we’ve been decoupled before, Pendarovski told Euractiv.

Pendarovski won the presidential elections in May only owing to the unprecedented, near unanimous turnout in his favor by the ethnic Albanian voters. Pendarovski easily lost the Macedonian vote to the conservative candidate Gordana Siljanovska – Davkova, but made up the difference as village after village in the Albanian majority districts turned out results such as 1.500 – 10 and 2.200 to 30 in his favor.

Both countries are denied opening accession talks in June, but Macedonia is being told that it can expect to open them in September, or October, or some time later this year.

Now, the latest agreement is to reach a deal among EU governments in September, but only for North Macedonia, which is also set to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation in 2020. “North Macedonia has a good chance (for EU membership talks), given the historic resolution of its name issue,” one senior EU official said, referring to a decades-old dispute with Greece that blocked its path to the EU and the NATO alliance. “But Albania is still a big issue for some governments. It is not looking so promising,” the official said, Reuters reported.

According to the news agency, the opposition encountered from France and the Netherlands to opening accession talks with both Macedonia and Albania was a surprise, and was likely driven by fears of a nationalist surge during the European Parliament elections.

In one of his recent statements, Prime Minister Zoran Zaev warned that politicians in Germany fear that giving accession talks to Macedonia but not to Albania could spark a nationalist reaction in the latter. Zaev said that he is certain “his good friend” Edi Rama won’t resort to nationalism if Albania is denied the right to open accession talks.

Last edited by Carlin; 06-15-2019, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                      • Jul 2012

Protest in Macedonia last night, only the original flag and no ventilators in sight! Perhaps banning the flag has made people love it that bit more, been seeing lots of it spray painted on walls, basketball courts e.t.c in resistance to the new measures.

"The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                        Protest in Macedonia last night, only the original flag and no ventilators in sight! Perhaps banning the flag has made people love it that bit more, been seeing lots of it spray painted on walls, basketball courts e.t.c in resistance to the new measures.

https://www.facebook.com/513139259/p...504260?sfns=mo
                        Сончевата револуција
                        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Karposh
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post

https://www.facebook.com/513139259/p...504260?sfns=mo
                          It's great to see the passion and the right national symbols on display but, if my estimate is correct, those marching were barely 2,000 people. That number needs to be multiplied a hundred fold (at least) to make any kind of impact. I hate to be the guy that puts a negative spin on things but, the fact is, Zaev & Co. will just dismiss this as the actions of a few insane fanatics that want to keep North Macedonia off the path to European integration and, consequently, economic progress. As soon as they mention that, the rest of the Northie turncoats will turn on the few loyal Macedonians who are prepared to raise therir voice for what is right. Actually, I'd be surprised if they haven't turned on them already. I really hope I'm wrong and that the Northie turncoats are in the minority but somehow I don't think that's the case, otherwise many thousands more would have been marching shoulder to shoulder with these true Macedonian patriots.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                            It's great to see the passion and the right national symbols on display but, if my estimate is correct, those marching were barely 2,000 people. That number needs to be multiplied a hundred fold (at least) to make any kind of impact. I hate to be the guy that puts a negative spin on things but, the fact is, Zaev & Co. will just dismiss this as the actions of a few insane fanatics that want to keep North Macedonia off the path to European integration and, consequently, economic progress. As soon as they mention that, the rest of the Northie turncoats will turn on the few loyal Macedonians who are prepared to raise therir voice for what is right. Actually, I'd be surprised if they haven't turned on them already. I really hope I'm wrong and that the Northie turncoats are in the minority but somehow I don't think that's the case, otherwise many thousands more would have been marching shoulder to shoulder with these true Macedonian patriots.
                            I would have to agree with you Karposh. Even though I like the fact that this particular protest only had the original Macedonian sun displayed, the number of protesters is nowhere near what it should be.

It really is a sad state of affairs, when I was in Macedonia recently, Macedonians from all over Macedonia in their thousands descended on Prilep to see Ceca perform. People looked at me in utterly confused and shocked faces thinking I was crazy when I told them that not only did I not go to see her perform, but I also don't know a single one of her songs.

Meanwhile we have at most a few thousand true Macedonians standing up for their very identity, good to see that majority of Macedonians have their priorities in the right place!
                            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Gocka
                              • Dec 2012

I also wouldn't get my hopes up. Probably less than a thousand people and they will all get mocked and ridiculed by most of their friends and family.

The only way any of this changes is if the dream of EU prosperity comes crashing down. Then there will be a brief moment of opportunity to turn people towards nationalism. As long as the EU is on the table and people are convinced that it will solve all their problems, no one is in any hurry to do anything that can be perceived as jeopardizing EU entry.

I just wonder how long the EU can keep stringing them along before people give up on the idea. We are already heading on 20 years. What do you guys figure another 200 or so years?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                                The only way any of this changes is if the dream of EU prosperity comes crashing down. Then there will be a brief moment of opportunity to turn people towards nationalism. As long as the EU is on the table and people are convinced that it will solve all their problems, no one is in any hurry to do anything that can be perceived as jeopardizing EU entry.
                                Because Bulgaria and Greece in the EU are forging ahead and living large now? What on Earth will improve for them in the EU? Maybe they can work elsewhere I guess. But the Macedonian whores are already doing that without the EU. It's a nation of whores, perhaps more energy can be devoted to that!
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X