Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

There is, that much can be said. Take away people who have an education in Greek or are literate in the language, the average Greek-speaker that can at least converse in the language (as most Diaspora or uneducated Greek-speakers) would find Ancient Greek quite foreign in many respects. Sure, there is the obvious resemblance, but to say that any Greek-speaker off the street can pick up an ancient text and read it is a falsity.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Spartan
      • Sep 2008

The letters are exactly the same, so technically, anyone who knows greek could read it. Understanding it of course is another matter.
      However, like i said, i can understand the Homeric greek in that video clip, more than i can understand english from early medievil periods, and my education in Greek is of a grade 5 or 6 level, as opposed to a college level of education in english.
      Last edited by Spartan; 01-20-2010, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

How much can you understand it were one to speak it to you, as it was spoken in Homeric times? I know you will give me a realistic answer.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Spartan
          • Sep 2008

No idea SoM, as i have never heard it spoken.
          Although I would assume it sounds how it is spelled, as the letters are all the same, and represent the same sounds that are associated with them today.
          I can only be certain on what i can understand written-wise.

On a different note, and if i am mistaken I sincerely apologize, but i can not understand why the continuity of the greek language would bother Macedonians into vehemently disputing it. I dont see how this continuity changes anything in regards to the Macedonian people.
          Last edited by Spartan; 01-20-2010, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

I am not disputing continuity of the language. But to ignore the impact of Katharevousa on the modern language is almost denial about "aspects" of the continuity in the language.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
              • Sep 2008

After two centuries of living a myth Greece now faces reality

Risto Stefov,
              January 24, 2010

The thing that amazes me most about Greeks is not the lies that come out of the mouths of so many, but the honesty that comes out of a few. I have always imagined that all Greeks knew the truth and by that I mean that they know how their recent ancestors became Greek and that deep down they know they are not "real Greeks". And by "real Greeks" I mean descendents from the so-called "ancient Greeks". I thought every Modern Greek knew that before Greece became a country in the 19th century his or her ancestors were not Greek at all and that somewhere down the line they became "Greek" through assimilation, the same way many Macedonians became Greek. But I guess I was wrong!

When Greece was created for the first time in 1829 there were no "real Greeks". The entire region was populated mostly by Albanians, Turks, Slavs, Vlachs, Latin and a long list of other ethnicities that existed in that region at the time. The vast majority of the people living in the tiny Greek state at the time of its liberation from the Ottomans were uneducated and unfamiliar with the concepts of nationality and ethnicity. As far as they were concerned they were all Christians which distinguished them from their Muslim overlords. After their liberation all Christians in the Greek state, regardless of their ethnicity, were told they were Greek. This continued as Greece expanded its territory over the years and acquired more and more people.

Some people accepted the idea that they were Greeks and moved on. Those who refused were exiled, jailed, tormented, or eventually forcibly assimilated. But in spite of pressure from the authorities, many continued to speak their language, practice their traditions and not feel Greek. Some continue these practices to this day, particularly in the villages and isolated communities.

So it should be of no surprise that there are people in Modern Greece today who truly believe that they are "real Greeks", descendents of the so-called ancient Greeks, because that is what the Greek authorities have been telling them all their lives through their early education. There should also be no surprise that there are people who don´t "feel Greek" living in Greece today because generation after generation they held onto and cherished their true identities, mostly in secret. Unfortunately this is turning out to be the skeleton in Greece´s closet.

Some Greeks however, from time to time, had a need to venture outside of Greece and, mostly by accident, discovered that there is more to Greece than they were led to believe. Some refused to believe what they found yet others found more than they bargained for.

With no restriction and censorship by the Greek state, Greeks living in the Diaspora are exposed to much more information about themselves and about their country than they would otherwise have access to inside Greece.

Most of this "new and never heard of before" information unfortunately comes from their own compatriots and even from their own relatives. This kind of information is not easy to accept because it collides with their belief system and, for some, undermines the entire foundation of their own identity. Given where it comes from, this kind of information is not easy to reject either.

It is very difficult for Greeks, who truly believe that all Greeks are descendents of the ancient Greeks and that Greece is ethnically a homogeneous nation, to accept that people who are born in Greece and speak the Greek language do not "feel Greek" and therefore are not Greeks. For them things like that just don´t add up. No wonder so many who "do not feel Greek" are so frequently labeled "traitors".

Today´s story is about a Greek who all his life believed that he was a "real Greek" until he took a trip to Canada to visit his relatives and ran into some Greek speaking Macedonians who, as he puts it, "pointed him in the right direction".

Here is what he had to say:

"When I came to Canada to visit my relatives, as a grown man I had a certain understanding what a Greek was. I expected to find Greeks like myself there. A Greek is a Greek. If a person was born in Greece, spoke Greek then they were Greek, end of story, nothing complicated to comprehend. Right? Then I ran into some people who were born in Greece, spoke Greek but said they were Macedonians. What Macedonians, I asked? You mean you are from the north part of Greece, from Macedonia? Right? ´No!´ One of them said ´we are Macedonians from Greece´. And he was quite hostile about it.

I was blunt and told them point blank that I did not believe him: ´vre pedia mu den iparhi tetio prama!´ (Boys there is no such thing!) But they began to make fun of me calling me ignorant and all sorts of names. Another said ´I was living in Greece but know nothing of Greece´. He said I should take a trip one of these days and explore my own country that I live in and see things for myself. He even dared to tell me to ´open my eyes´. How dare they call me ignorant and all those things! I was quite upset for a long time and made no mention of it to anyone until I returned to Greece. Unfortunately, I could not shake off the feeling, it kept wearing me down. The only way to shake it off, I thought, was to prove to myself that those guys were wrong. So I took that trip. I toured my country but I could not prove them wrong.

Well, that was then and this is now. It didn´t take me too long to discover that indeed things in Greece were not what I expected. I decided to keep looking and whatever I found, I was man enough to handle. Well, some things I found could be explained but others things which I could have called ´anomalies´ could not. I could have ignored them but then who was I fooling? Unfortunately, as much as I hate to admit, those guys in Canada proved to be right. I did live in this country I knew nothing about. When I stopped fighting with myself I discovered that Greece is a multi-ethnic country like any other Balkan country, full of living cultures, ethnicities and languages. In the villages were I visited I heard people speak Arvanitika (Albanian), Vlahika (Vlach), Makedonika (Macedonian) and Turkika (Turkish). I asked people if anyone here spoke other languages, other than Greek. Most people said ´we are all Greeks here´ but some admitted that other languages are indeed spoken. When I asked who spoke these languages I got no names just a feeling that people do speak other languages. When I asked ´how did these language get here´ no one seemed know. Some said they didn´t speak them themselves but heard others speak them. When I asked for their opinion, most said, as far as they knew, these languages have been spoken here from a long time for as long as they can remember. Who knew that non-Greeks lived in Greece? I always thought we were all Greeks here, that´s what I was told, that´s what I believed, it´s not something one talks about every day. There were always the signs but I never paid attention to the signs. I knew from my history lessons that some of our revolutionaries spoke different languages but thought nothing of it. There was no need to ask because the idea that we were all Greeks was strong and unquestionable. But I never heard of Macedonians living in Northern Greece that´s for sure. Not in the ethnic sense as a people different from the rest of us. I always believed we were all Greeks and a Macedonian was a Greek who lived in Macedonia, you know, Northern Greece.

Once I found this out I began to look for information through the internet outside of Greece and discovered all sorts of information but mostly contradictory. Most websites I found ridiculed the idea that ´minorities´ lived in Greece. Some websites even went as far as to claim that Macedonians and Turks lived in Greece and were harassed by the Greek authorities. I didn´t know what or who to believe. But then I made the mistake of asking an academic friend of mine who told me most of this stuff on the internet is propaganda invented by our enemies to discredit Greece´s good name. When I pushed my point and asked for an explanation as to why people speak the different languages spoken inside Greece he told me not to ask so many stupid questions and ´questions such as those are best left unanswered´. So now I don´t know who or what to believe."

My friend, I am sure you will find the truth for yourself if you look hard enough. And as far as knowing who you are, it will take you some doing but I am sure you will answer that question too. Good luck in your search.

So, Greeks, after living your myth for two centuries what have you accomplished? You now have grown adult men and women at the crossroads of their lives looking for answers, looking to find out who and what they are. And what do they find? They find that you have lied to them all their lives!

Greeks, you got rid of your dissidents by exiling them to the Diaspora and your faithful citizens are now awakening only to discover that you have lied to them. What are you planning to do with them? Exile them? Harass them? Or write them off as traitors? How far are you willing to go to protect your myth? Are you going to sacrifice every soul that uncovers the truth? These people have done nothing wrong, just as thousands of Macedonians whom you have exiled had done nothing wrong. The only thing people like that are guilty of is being honest and wanting to know the truth.

Every country has a myth to explain its existence and that myth is tailored to include everyone (not exclude them) even those who seek the truth. What is wrong with telling people the truth and teaching the truth in school? This is a global world now and sooner or later people will learn the truth if not from your educational system then from someone else´s. You can´t go on propagating your myth by calling it "the truth" and then calling the truth "Scopian or Turkish propaganda".

Greeks, if you as an authority believe what you preach that "there are no Macedonians and that Macedonia is Greek" then you should feel no threat from those who you believe do not exist. You are not the first; Greek governments all along have been saying Macedonians do not exist since they acquired Macedonian lands in 1913 but this problem seems to follow you everywhere and how do you explain it? By perpetuating the perpetual lie that Macedonians still don´t exist. One hundred years are about to pass since you invaded, occupied and partitioned Macedonia with your partners Serbia and Bulgaria. How many more centuries must pass, how many more people must you exile, silence and ruin before you accept the fact that the Macedonians will not go away.

So do us all a favour and put an end to the injustices. Recognize the minorities living in your country and let them be who they truly are or want to be.

Well ladies and gentlemen, welcome to my world! As much as I feel vindicated by the fact that more and more "real Greeks" are learning the truth about Greece, I feel sorry for them, not because they discovered the truth but because their innocence will put them in jeopardy of becoming the new victims of Greek justice. They are great patriots as long as they believe the lies and propaganda and propagate the "Greek myth" but as soon as they discover the truth that they are not "real Greeks" they become traitors! A warning to other Greeks who have discovered this secret, as long as you live in Greece don´t divulge it to anyone. Keep this information to yourself! It would do no one any good for you to become a target of hatred and abuse, especially in the country in which you were born, live and love!

You can contact the author at [email protected]
              1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
              2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Its a real shame that the article uses the term "slav" in the second paragraph...its such a 'faceless' term, too often used by our enemies for that very reason...

Excellent piece other than that.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                  Its a real shame that the article uses the term "slav" in the second paragraph...its such a 'faceless' term, too often used by our enemies for that very reason...
                  I certainly don't like it when used in reference to Macedonia's partition. But I do ask the question, what name is more appropriate for the slavic speaking tribes that dominated then lingered throughout Morea over the centuries. There should be better (collective) names for them.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

So long as it is in the proper context, it shouldn't bother us much, but the problem is, even the context is manipulated, so RtG's suggestion has merit.

The Slavic-speaking groups of Macedonia, Epirus, Thessaly and Thrace can be collectively referred to as Macedonians, while all of the rest found to the south can be referred to as Moreans.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

I think Risto should have defined "real Greeks". To say none existed whatsoever is not helpful in my opinion.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        I think Risto should have defined "real Greeks". To say none existed whatsoever is not helpful in my opinion.
                        I agree. For whatever circumstances and reasons, and regardless of the small percentage in actual fact, there were those who spoke Romaic as a first and possibly only tongue, these people cannot be excluded. Claiming they didn't exist at all is a step too far. Defining them as a group would be much more useful and objective.

Comment

• Stojacanec
                          • Dec 2009

The question I pose to the greeks has always been: Since Macedonians are so small and insignificant in Greece, why not recognize them for who they are. I mean what are they afraid of?

I am always met with stunned silence.

Then they splash themselves with a tonic of bulgarian or greek propaganda just to make themselves feel better.

Pathetic really.
                          Last edited by Stojacanec; 01-24-2010, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                            • Jan 2009

Risto's article on how this gentleman realizes the Truth reminds me of this one scene in the movie 'The Matrix';

YouTube - The Matrix "The choice of the the truth"
                            Last edited by TrueMacedonian; 01-25-2010, 11:49 PM.
                            Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• osiris
                              • Sep 2008

grtsite se nai ne razbranata natzia vo evropa takvi fanatitsi ne sme videli nikoipat nitu nazistite ne bea tuka p'lni so mrza kako grtsite.

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

What do you really mean when you say you are “Greek”?

Many have probably read this latest by Risto Stefov. But its one of his Best IMHO. He answers many common statements that are made by Greeks. Please read so you know what i mean by "Greeks"

What do you really mean when you say you are “Greek”?

By Risto Stefov

[email protected]

February 13, 2010

While Greek people struggle to keep their heads above water trying to weather their government’s self-inflicted economic crisis, Greeks propagandists worldwide are busy mounting new anti-Macedonian offensives and looking for ways to demonize the Republic of Macedonia, its leadership and the Macedonian people in general. I guess there is always money for anti-Macedonian propaganda!

I know all Greek propagandists don’t get paid; some do it for free out of “patriotism”. Unfortunately they do it purely because they have been brainwashed to believe the lies their government and leaders have been feeding them over the last two centuries. Even the staunchest, most narrow minded and warped minds, however, at some point or another must realize that there are some things that can’t simply be explained by the lies of their mentors. Let’s start with me for example. No Greek to this day has ever accepted the fact that I was born and grew up in Greece. In their so-called “fantasy world” people like me do not exist. Well I am sorry to disappoint you guys but I do exist and so do hundreds of thousands of Macedonians just like me. Sorry for “polluting” your thoughts of purity but sooner or later you too will come to the realization that Macedonians do exist in Greece. I and many like me are indigenous Macedonians born in your precious “Greek Macedonia”, the very same land your so-called “Greek” predecessors invaded, occupied and annexed in 1912, 1913 illegally and by force. It is a fact that I and many like me are descendents of those indigenous Macedonians whom the Greeks found when they came to take away my (not your) Macedonia from me.

No Greek to this day has accepted the fact that I am a Macedonian from Greece, from INSIDE Greece. Allow me to elaborate yet again. I am not from “Skopje”, from “FYROM”, or from “Vardaska Benovina”. I am from Aegean Macedonia, the part of Macedonia that is now occupied by Greece.

Having to expose the fact that I come from Greek occupied Macedonia has always been a sore point, a thorn in the Greek propagandists’ side, a fact which they cannot accept because it deconstructs their concept of a “pure Greece” where only pure Greeks exist. Therefore it is inconceivable for them to admit that someone like me could possibly come from inside Greece. That is why they CONSTANTLY refer to me as a “Skopjan” a “Slav”, a “Bulgarian”, a Fyromian, etc., but never as a Macedonian. And I am not the only one, there are hundreds of thousands of others who fall into my category and not just Macedonians but also Turks, Albanians, Vlachs, etc.

Speaking of Vlachs, a Greek person who now writes for the American Chronicle, born of a Vlach father and a Bulgarian mother (you know who you are), married to a Macedonian from the Republic of Macedonia wrote about me recently and said that I can never be a Macedonian because to be a Macedonian I had to be a Greek first and Greek I was not.

Now here is the irony for you; while being of Vlach and Bulgarian origin, he sees himself as a “pure Macedonian Greek”, (notice how the reference has changed from Greek-Macedonian to a Macedonian Greek) and he sees me as a “Slav” with Bulgarian origins. According to this guy I am not a Macedonian at all but he is; and a pure “Macedonian Greek” at that. You will need the magic of “Greek logic” to figure this one out!

Knowing nothing about me, except that I have been a thorn in the Greek’s side, this man seems to know more about me than I know myself, especially since, according to him, I cannot possibly be a Macedonian. Given his own situation, I wonder what he thinks privately of himself. I know what I am trying to say here is completely childish but I am attempting to convey to you the workings of this “Modern Greek man’s mind”. Knowing full well that he himself is half Vlach and half Bulgarian he not only claims to be a pure “Macedonian Greek” but at the same time denies my identity without knowing anything about me!

What is a “Macedonian Greek” anyway? Is it a new ethnicity that sprung overnight out of this overwhelming “Greek love” for Macedonia?

Until yesterday people like this guy loathed the word “Macedonia” and put people like me in jail for just uttering it. Now the haters of Macedonia have become the lovers of Macedonia. Have these Greeks gone topsy-turvy? Have they forgotten how they acquired Macedonia and how they attempted to choke the life out of it? Have they forgotten to whom Macedonia belonged before their great grandfathers invaded, occupied, annexed and partitioned it with their partners the Serbians and Bulgarians? Have they forgotten that Macedonia was never Greek and in order to make it Greek they had to change it by erasing everything that was Macedonian and replace it with a fake Greek façade? Have they forgotten they had to change every person’s name and every place name in order to make it Greek sounding? Have they forgotten that they banned the Macedonian language by law from being spoken, even by those who spoke no other language? Where was the “love for Macedonia” then?

Allow me to put it bluntly, there never was, is, and there never will be any “love for Macedonia” by these Greeks. The only Greek motive for doing this is to gain advantage over the real Macedonians. Greeks such as this guy will lie and cheat in order to hang on to Macedonian lands and heritage because they know precisely how their recent ancestors acquired them. Allow me to say it again in hopes that it will finally be understood! Macedonia was never Greek; Greece however was Macedonian at one point in history. Let me elaborate;

It is well known that a “Greek State” never existed before 1829. The ancient City States were conquered by Philip II, king of Macedonia, in 338 BC and were never united into a single nation until the creation of the Greek Kingdom in 1832. Was it not the Macedonians who conquered the ancient City States? How then can ancient Macedonia be Greek?

While Philip II was recovering from battle wounds, the City States to the south were making alliances and amassing a great army to invade Macedonia. On hearing this, Philip decided it was time to meet this aggression head on and end the treachery once and for all. In 338 BC, in the shallow Cephisus River valley near the village of Chaeronea on the road to Thebes, the two opposing armies met face to face. On the north side stood Philip’s Macedonians with 30,000 infantry and 2,000 cavalry, the largest Macedonian army ever assembled. Among Philip’s commanding generals was his 18 year-old son, Alexander, in charge of the cavalry. On the south side, stood the allied Athenians, Thebans and Achaeans who assembled 35,000 infantry and 2,000 cavalry, the largest army ever assembled since the Persian invasion.

Closely matched, the armies clashed and while the battle ensued the Macedonian right flank fell back and began to retreat. Seeing the Macedonians weakening, the allied City State general gave orders to push on and drive the Macedonians back to Macedonia. As the Macedonians retreated, the allied flanks broke rank and began the pursuit. Not realizing it was a trick, the allies found themselves surrounded and slaughtered by Alexander’s cavalry. When it was over the majority of the allied army, including the elite Theban Sacred Band, lay dead in the fields of Chaeronea. Philip erected a statue of a lion to commemorate the sacrifice of the Theban Sacred Band which upheld its tradition and fought to the last man.

Ancient City State and Roman historians consider the battle of Chaeronea as the end of City State liberty, history and civilization.

The entire world, except for the “want-to-be” Greeks, knows the truth of what happened on that fateful day in history from which the City States never recovered until the 18th and 19th century when a number of Philhellenes decided to conduct an experiment by artificially resurrecting this ancient world.

So I repeat, Macedonia historically was never Greek. Part of Macedonia, 51% to be more precise, became Greek when Greece, Serbia and Bulgaria invaded Macedonia under the pretense of liberating it, drove the Ottomans out with the help of the Macedonian people, then occupied it, partitioned it and annexed it for themselves.

When the Greek army invaded Macedonia, Macedonia was not empty and devoid of people. There were people living there. These people were indigenous to Macedonia. The vast majority were ethnic Macedonians.

So allow me to summarize. The so-called “ancient Greeks”, along with the Ancient City States, disappeared some 2,000 years ago but the idea of “Ancient Greece” was artificially resurrected by the Philhellenes and became an artificial reality after the creation of the Modern Greek State in the 1830’s. The people that lived on the lands that we today call Greece were not Greeks at all; they were ethnic Albanians, Macedonians, Vlachs, Turks, etc. who had migrated to the region over many centuries. If there is any trace of so-called “Ancient Greek” in these people it is so minute it is negligible.

The so-called “Modern Greeks” (ethnic Albanians, Vlachs, Macedonians, Turks, etc.) are the inheritors of these Greek lands only because they have been living on those lands for at least four centuries (according to the history of mass migrations in the region). Their only association with the ancients is that they happened to occupy the same lands over different times.

The Modern Greeks having NEVER lived in Macedonia cannot possibly be the rightful inheritors of Macedonian lands let alone of the Macedonian heritage. That privilege belongs to the Macedonian people who are indigenous to Macedonia and not to the Greeks, Serbians, or Bulgarians who acquired Macedonian lands illegally in 1912, 1913 by an act of war and against the will of the Macedonian people.

When the Greeks, Serbs and Bulgarians came to Macedonia in 1912 they found people living there. These people are the ancestors of today’s ethnic Macedonians, the real Macedonians. Many of these Macedonians were exiled and assimilated but many also went underground and remained Macedonian in spite of Greek attempts to eradicate them.

To make Macedonia more “Greek”, in the 1920’s the Greek State imported over one million Turkish Christian settlers from Asia Minor of whom over six-hundred thousand were settled in Macedonia on Macedonian lands. These people were ethnic Turks of the Christian Orthodox faith who spoke no Greek and felt more Turkish than Greek. But upon their arrival in Macedonia they were assimilated and told that they were now Greeks and that they could only speak Greek and no other language. But in spite of all the Greek pressure and all odds, in a strange turn of events, many of these people indeed became assimilated, not in the Greek fold but in Macedonian society, especially in mixed marriages in the villages where they learned the Macedonian language and accepted and respected the Macedonians and their customs.

In Greek occupied Macedonia these people were given confiscated Macedonian properties gained by the Greek State through expulsion of ethic Macedonians and through several land reforms where lands belonging to Macedonians were re-divided and given to these people. These settlers were also used by the Greek State and Greek authorities to keep the Macedonians in line and to even help Hellenize them. Even Greek authorities admit that in almost every case brought before the Greek courts, rulings were always in favour of the settlers over the indigenous Macedonians. Many Greeks are grateful to the settlers because they helped change the demographics of Macedonia, tilting the scale in favour of the Greeks by making the indigenous Macedonians a minority in their native land.

So, why is there so much “Greek love” expressed for Macedonia nowadays?

Like I said before, it is very simple; the love expressed by these Greeks is not real love but another ruse to fool the innocent onlooker. It is Greek lust and greed for Macedonian lands and the Macedonian heritage disguised as love. Their true nature towards Macedonia is evidently expressed by the way they treat Macedonians.

When a Greek tells you “Macedonia is Greek”, what he or she really means is that Macedonia has been taken, stolen from the Macedonian people by force and it is now Greek. If they truly loved Macedonia then surely they would be saying “Macedonia belongs to the Macedonians” or “Macedonia for the Macedonians”. How many Macedonian loving Greeks have you heard say that?

When a Greek tells you “these people are stealing our Greek history”, he or she means that “we (Greeks) have stolen their history and now they want it back”. Besides, how can one steal a memory? Isn’t that what history is all about?

When a Greek tells you “that’s Greek”, like the Macedonian ancient symbols and flags, she or he means “we have expropriated those symbols and flags and made them Greek when we annexed and stole their Macedonia from under them”. Even if it was indeed “Greek” one has to distinguish between so-called “ancient Greek” or “Modern Greek” because the two are not only NOT the same but they are mutually exclusive when it comes to ancient symbols and flags. The only true Greek flag is the Bavarian flag that the Greek State uses today as its national flag!

When a Greek tells you “I am a pure Greek” he or she means that they are a “fake Greek”, probably an ethnic Albanian, Vlach, Macedonian, or Turk who has bought into the Philhellene philosophy that by some freak accident of nature they have descended directly from the so-called “ancient Greeks”, bypassing 2,500 years of evolution and ethnic erosion.

When a Greek tells you “I can speak and read Greek and I can read the ancient scripts on the stones left behind” it means that he or she has learned “Greek” in school the same way an Egyptologist has learned to read hieroglyphs. However, you don’t hear many Egyptologists claiming to be Egyptian and descendents of the Ancient Egyptians just because they can read hieroglyphs do you?

When a Greek tells you he or she is “Greek-Macedonian”, “Macedonian Greek” or simply “Macedonian but of the Greek kind” they mean that they are a “fake Greek”. They have abandoned their real ethnic identity and opted for the fake Greek one. They are actually here for the ride to exploit the real Macedonians and other ethnic groups and to rob them not only of their land and heritage, but of their identity. A fake Greek who pretends to be a “Macedonian of the Greek kind” is nothing more than a despicable identity thief.

Allow me to clarify myself here. While we the Macedonians and perhaps other people in this world see this business of “lying”, “cheating” and “stealing” as a “bad thing”, many Greeks see it as a good thing, an opportunity to improve their own economic and social status in Greek society. These people see themselves as “cunning” and “masters” in what they do. Just like their true 19th century ancestors who earned the title “clefts” meaning “thieves”, they enjoy piracy and the benefits it brings. They see themselves as “gifted entrepreneurs” able to “pull the wool over our eyes”, steal our land and heritage from under us and lie to us about it while looking directly into our eyes. I lived among them so I know what I am talking about. To them what they do is not a bad thing as long as it benefits them, no matter how much it hurts others.

No wonder the Greek state is on the verge of bankruptcy, a condition resulting from greed, neglect and nonchalance. These people not only steal from the minorities and from each other but, let me be the first to state the obvious; they also steal from government coffers. It makes one sick and to wonder why the European Union would still want to bail them out of their current economic mess?

I really feel sorry for the poor Macedonians and other minorities still living in Greece who not only do not have even the most basic human rights but now have to endure poverty on top of that.

When will the Greeks ever learn? But more importantly, when will their benefactors who support them ever learn?
                                Last edited by Bill77; 02-14-2010, 05:00 AM.
                                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
                                X