X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Another Myth BUSTED:Dimítrios Sémsis was Macedonian, not 'Greek'

Here is where the propagandists fall on their faces in modern "greece". This is one of their websites -
    Code:
    http://wiki.phantis.com/index.php/Dimitris_Semsis
    - and the info it contains is as follows;

Dimitris Semsis was born to Greek parents around 1883 in Stromnitsa.
    Now here is the Truth about this Dimitrios Semsis;

page13

Now there are those modern "greeks" that did not believe that many Balkan peoples spoke more than one language. Here's something that destroys that myth as well, also notice the exotic choice of music Semsis enjoyed playing;

Now here is the most interesting part, for me at least, because I have witnessed my relatives state these superstitions to me in Strumica;

page 39

He may have been a grkoman, but he sure as hell was no "greek" in any ethnic sense of the word. Sorry greaseballs. This one may not be "ours" per se, but he sure as hell wasn't really yours. And sure as hell was not born to "greek parents" as Phantis states. Another myth busted, another one ready to get busted.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Now for the entertainment. This video here;

YouTube - Ρίτα Αμπατζή RITA ABADZI - GAZELI NEVA SABAH (Hour of Death)

describes the following on its info slot -

In the case of Gazeli Neva Sabah, "μαύρη γή" alludes to physical death itself and also to the death of Greek culture in Asia Minor following the catastrophe of 1922 and the expulsion of the Greek population.
    3000 years of Hellenism in Asia Minor has been snuffed out virtually overnight and, as the song says, "σβήνει το όνομά του" - its name erased.
    3000 years of hellenism Unfortunately it would have taken Dimitrios Semsis a long time to even say the word "Hellenism" in his new found language. Cute info. Unfortunately the violinist added another break to that supposed "Hellenism" when he couldn't speak romaika

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

Check this dedo out. He's pretty good playing Macedonian music. Unfortunately he killed it for me when he started singing with that broad;

YouTube - ΘÏμιος ΣτουÏαϊτης - Σεβνταλής

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

This is fantastic stuff TM.

You have done it again.

Macedonian-speakers (ethnic Macedonians), who through their trade or by some other means, have taken on Greek names and Greek appellations.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Well done TM. Hard for the Greeks to hang their hats on that guy!
          But maybe he had a Greek feeling in his pants or something ... hence 4000 years of glory or something.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Semsis, Kottas, Kondouriotes, etc

19th and 20th century figures, Macedonians and Albanians in an ethnic and linguistic sense, who could not, and DID NOT SPEAK GREEK --- And those that came to learn it only did so later in their lives, as a language of religion, trade or education. None of them spoke it natively with their family at home.

Today, modern Greeks claim all of the above as 'Hellenes'. It isn't just lies and hypocrisy, it is outright idiocy.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

Thanks guys. If you want to see what a female "greek" singer can do with Dimitrios Semsis' Macedonian music then check out the Sephardic Jew Roza Eskanazy and her lovely voice;

YouTube - Dimitrios Semsis (Salonikios)- Roza Eskenazy, "To Kanarini"

Here's some interesting info on this "greek"- http://www.rebetikorow.com/roza.htm

From Constantinople to the USA, Roza Eskenazi was the prototypical Rebetissis for almost every Hellenic female vocalist that followed and that included just about everyone. Take a good close look at what obviously are just a few of the great PR photos she had taken during her very long and extended career. How could anyone not love a women like this? Able to project and promote herself like a turn of the century " Madonna", she was arguably the most famous early Greek female recording artist ever to grace the stage. Relatively little is known concerning her formative years but who do know she was born to Jewish parents in Constantinople about 1883 and later moved with her family to Thesalonica.
              I guess this in itself is another myth busted

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                • Jan 2009

In all seriousness I can appreciate the dynamics of the Persian/Ottoman intervals mixed with the Balkanics of this song as a muscian myself. Why deny this modern "greeks"? This is not something to sweep under the rug. If the music she produced was good enough for you all to worship then respect its origins. I imagine seeing the pic of Semsis in the video that he had something to do with the music;

YouTube - tsifteteli rosa eskenazi

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                  • Jan 2009

Here's another "Salonikios" during Semsis' time. But instead of being a Macedonian he was......
                  page 372

Salonica; City of Ghosts by Mark Mazower

Were any of these people ethnic "greeks"?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

This was a very interesting find, TM, it just serves as another example of how non-Greek the 'Greeks' of Macedonia were. There is absolutely no doubt that Semsis would have been classified as a 'Greek' or 'Rum' in Ottoman and other census' and statistics during 19th/20th century Macedonia, yet as we can see, he was anything but Greek. Semsis, as with his family before him, were Strumichani, who lived as Macedonians, I am sort of struggling to view him as a 'grkoman' per se, to be honest.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                    X