X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lavce pelagonski
    • Nov 2009

There is nothing wrong with a SKI.
    Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Chiche
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by markovr View Post
      AS LONG AS THE OTHER SKIS, ILC(H) and IC(H)'S DO; I'M SURE MANY WOULD BE OBLIGED TO DO SO. why are you always yelling, bre dete?
      Because some Macedonian heads are very thick,

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
        • Jan 2010

If you haven't already, have a look at this thread. Interesting topic.

I would like to initiate a discussion about this topic. I have heard of all sort of reasons why many have not done it, for example, problems or restrictions when visiting their family homes that now fall within Greece's borders, keeping things simple by retaining the status quo, etc. However, I know of several Macedonians

Comment

• BigMak
          Banned
          • Jan 2009

By withholding a slave name this adds confusion to those that have no idea about Macedonia and the Macedonians and furthermore adds validity to those "christian turks who identify as macedonians of greek origin" and to a "greek macedonian" identity.

Any one with a slave name in the diaspora of whom willingly holds value to that name should be crucified. Is anyone holding a gun to your head? You willingly confuse yourself and others in retaining such a identity

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
            There is nothing wrong with a SKI.
            I think there is less wrong with a "SKI". I have no doubt there were also Macedonians in Macedonia who had their surname amended to include the SKI. I have an Albanian client whose family came from Macedonia. Her maiden name ended in "SKI" (it was changed to this). So I'm sure something was going on in Macedonia once upon a time in relation to this.

Having said that, it does seem to be a modern day identifier for Macedonians so any name change in this regard is far less demeaning than some other endings.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• momce
              Banned
              • Oct 2012

i was wonder about that to remove the ski or the ov

Comment

• Coolski
                • Sep 2008

-ski, -ov and -ev all make grammatical sense in the Macedonian language. -ić -opoulos -oglou do not. If i were in the situation where I carried a slave name i'd try to change it back to its natural form. If it's as simple as removing a suffix i'd just remove it. If I had no leads on my original surname and my slave name was not morphed but totally changed, i'd probably use my grandfather's first name as my surname.
                - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
                - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Coolski View Post
                  -ski, -ov and -ev all make grammatical sense in the Macedonian language. -ić -opoulos -oglou do not. If i were in the situation where I carried a slave name i'd try to change it back to its natural form. If it's as simple as removing a suffix i'd just remove it. If I had no leads on my original surname and my slave name was not morphed but totally changed, i'd probably use my grandfather's first name as my surname.
                  I agree with this 100%

Perhaps some macedonians had the "ski" suffix added when Tito came to power, but in reality the "ski" ending has been with macedonians for a long time, far longer then the "ou" or "ic"

Some of the greatest macedonians had the "ski" ending before Tito's time.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                    • Nov 2009

Like Jane Sandanski Pirinskiot Tsar
                    Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Niko777
                      • Oct 2010

I think the Greek -ou and Macedonian -ov have the same origin. In some areas of western Macedonia it is just -o.

Comment

• momce
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2012

Interesting. I always thought the "o" was the proper ending.

Comment

• Kosturski Orel
                          • Apr 2012

99% of "ski" terminations are as a result of Yugoslav communist criminal misadventure.

Thus your real surname is not Naumovski or Naumovic but Naumov.

Sandanski is an extremely rare and atypical example...and the 'ski" nearly always relates as to where you came from rather than who your family is. Hence, Stambouliski is someone from Istanbul, Sofianski is someone from Sofia etc etc.

The funniest irony is that "ski" surnames were actually far more common in Bulgaria prior to 1945 than on the territory of the Republic of Macedonia.

The only irony greater than the above is the Skis insisting on Macedonians from the Aegean to change their surnames back when the Skis themselves have no intention of doing so themselves.

How many ways can you say "hypocrisy"?

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                            • Nov 2009

So instead of saying Makedonski or Ohridski what do you suggest we say.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Kosturski Orel, how would you explain a family name of mine that ends with a ski (given all my family is from Egej). Your statistic is absolute rubbish. You sound a bit like a stupid Bulgarian.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Kosturski Orel View Post
                                99% of "ski" terminations are as a result of Yugoslav communist criminal misadventure.

Thus your real surname is not Naumovski or Naumovic but Naumov.

Sandanski is an extremely rare and atypical example...and the 'ski" nearly always relates as to where you came from rather than who your family is. Hence, Stambouliski is someone from Istanbul, Sofianski is someone from Sofia etc etc.

The funniest irony is that "ski" surnames were actually far more common in Bulgaria prior to 1945 than on the territory of the Republic of Macedonia.

The only irony greater than the above is the Skis insisting on Macedonians from the Aegean to change their surnames back when the Skis themselves have no intention of doing so themselves.

How many ways can you say "hypocrisy"?
                                There are many Bulgarian Slavs, past and present, that have the "ski" ending in their surname. Some examples:

Stanislav Ianevski
                                Paisiy Hilendarski
                                Tryphon Silyanovski
                                Galina Durmushliyska
                                Vassil Levski
                                Vassil Vassilev Karloukovski - Modern Day Bulgarian internet Propagandist
                                Georgi Sava Rakovski
                                Raina Kabaivanska
                                Alexander Stamboliiski
                                Hristo Smirnenski - 19th century Bulgarian poet
                                Stefan SOFIYANSKI - Politician, Union of Free Democrats
                                Dimiter Markovski - Modern Day Bulgarian internet Propagandist
                                Stojan Mihailovski (1856-1927)
                                Ilarion Makariopolski
                                Petur Gabrovski
                                Boris Kornovski - Current President of Varna

But in saying that, i think you over exaggerate the communists role in changing peoples surnames in macedonia.

For example, almost all of the people from eastern macedonia have surnames that end in "ov". Places like Strumica, Stip, Veles etc, almost every one has a "ov" surname. While on the other hand everyone in Ohrid, Prilep, Struga, Tetovo and the rest of western macedonia have the "ski" ending. Places like Bitola and Skopje have mixed results.

Kiro Gligorov, the biggest yugocommie and Tito's puppet didnt change his name as well.

Are you trying to say that the people of eastern Macedonia all stood up against Tito and didnt allow their names to be changed? Thats a pretty effort by these people considering what tito did to chetniks,ustashe etc

And as Risto said, their are people in Aegean macedonia, albania and pirin macedonia with the "ski" names as well.

You really do sound like a bulgarian slav nationalist. I thought you were a macedonian:?

Comment

Working...
                                X