• Spartan
    • Sep 2008

^^
    Good man
    Thanks

Comment

• osiris
      • Sep 2008

Unfortunately i didnt see it spartane amigo. I must call my dad right now, he is arsenal mad.

Comment

• Alexander
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by osiris View Post
        really a vlaf from armensko or a macedonian from armensko.
        I thought I've read him say they are from Kavalsko.

Were sent packing to Romania in the 1920's I think.

Grew up in Constanta together with other "Macedonians" as he says.

Not sure on the ethnic background, could be Vlach or Macedonian.

Comment

• Orovnichanec
          • Sep 2008

Okay so we can come to a consensus and say he has origins from Egejska. Other then that his background is very cloudy.
          "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

LOL.

YouTube - Preston Makedonia v Sydney Olympic - RUN GREEKS RUN!
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Lerinec
              • Mar 2009

In the continuing of this conversation I would like to add what I was told by my Aegean Macedonian grandfather. He said like this:" Never trust a Greek, as soon as they get your trust - expect a knife in your back!."
              My grandfather was a son of a Komitadji from Voden (Edessa) Aegean Macedonia which was convicted for 3 times life prison sentence, for killing a Greek family that betrayed the 5th Cheta of Goce Delcev on Gramos mountain, today's Greece near Voden (Edessa).
              My point is, Greeks have made their point and marked history as being a back stubbing motherf***r$, not only when we fought together against the Ottomans, but also in the period of the WWI & WWII.

I apologize for the bad word
              Со илјадници години немаме намера да се предаваме, ОТИ МАКЕДОНИЈА Е ПОСТАРА И ОД ГОРОЦВЕТОТ И ОД НОЖОТ!!!

Comment

• Spartan
                • Sep 2008

Yesterday, the round of 16 of the UEFA champions league concluded with 8 teams being eliminated and 8 advancing. These are the 8 teams remaining in Europes most prestigious club competition-

Arsenal
                Chelsea
                Manchester United
                Liverpool
                Porto
                Villareal
                Barcelona
                Byern Munich

The draw for the next round, I believe will be held on Friday
                Cmon Arsenal!!

Comment

• Spartan
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  One day our natinal teams will be drawn into the same group for either the Euro or the WC.
                  SoM, could you just imagine the atmospheres for those games!?
                  I hope its in our lifetime....

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

The atmosphere would be electric, no doubt.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Alexander
                      • Feb 2009

Did anyone in OZ watch Central Coast vs Pohang Steelers on foxtel on Wednesday night?

Striker for Pohang was Macedonian International Stevica Ristic. I sometimes wonder why Ristic doesn't get more of a run in the national team. It seems Katanec prefers Pandev (Lazio), Maznov (Tomsk), Naumoski (Matersburg) and Stojkov (Hungary) ahead of Ristic.

Ristic was born and lived most of his life in Serbia. His father is Serbian but his mother is Macedonian. He played for Sileks Kratovo for 5 or so seasons and I believe is the record holder for most goals in the Macedonian first division. He made the move to Korea a couple of seasons ago. He proudly plays for Macedonia, I've read interviews where he says "Jas sum Makedonec".

Next Tuesday Newcastle Jets plays Ulsan, another Korean side. Ulsan recently signed Slavco Georgievski the Macedonian international from Slavia Sofia so hopefully we'll get to see him as well.

Comment

• Spartan
                        • Sep 2008

Greece vs Macedonia, March 28/09 in Tripolis, Greece

This is the first round of the UEFA U-21 championship group stage qualifiers
                        Our nations have been drawn into group 9 along with England, Portugal and Lithuania.
                        Everyone plays each other twice, home and away
                        First place automatically qualifies, along with the 4 best second place teams

Would just like to mention that this website(UEFA.com) uses the acronym.
                        Im sorry, but I couldnt find another link-

UEFA.com is the official site of UEFA, the Union of European Football Associations, and the governing body of football in Europe. UEFA works to promote, protect and develop European football across its 55 member associations and organises some of the world’s most famous football competitions, including the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Women’s Champions League, the UEFA Europa League, UEFA EURO and many more. The site features the latest European football news, goals, an extensive archive of video and stats, as well as insights into how the organisation works, including information on financial fair play, how UEFA supports grassroots football and the UEFA HatTrick funding scheme.

Referee: Prihoda (CZE)

Comment

• osiris
                          • Sep 2008

i wouldnt want to be the players of the visting team in any of the greece v makedonia matches. what a sad state of affairs has been created for these young guys by greeces intolerant political stand.

spartan did you enjoy the 4 1 thrashing of manchester united by liverpool, it made my week.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Can somebody confirm for me, is this the very first time the two countries will have met in such an event?

Comment

• Spartan
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                              i wouldnt want to be the players of the visting team in any of the greece v makedonia matches. what a sad state of affairs has been created for these young guys by greeces intolerant political stand.
                              I dont think the atmoshere will be too crazy/violent in the Greece game,
                              I think thats why they chose a smaller city for the venue
                              spartan did you enjoy the 4 1 thrashing of manchester united by liverpool, it made my week.
                              I loved it!
                              Also loved Arsenals 4-0 victory, as I loved Aston Villas draw, which has Asenal back in 4th place!!!

Comment

• Spartan
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                                Can somebody confirm for me, is this the very first time the two countries will have met in such an event?
                                First time in football for sure
                                Cant comment on any other sports though, I dont know...

Comment

Working...
                                X