X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gocka
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
    YUCK... American commentary for football sounds absolutely shit and should be against the law haha !! They should stick to their baseball and NFL.
    Amen, I live in the USA and when I want "soccer" and there is an american commentator i change the channel, they are horrible.

I've noticed that they tend to talk a lot about things not related to the game then I realized its because American sports suck and the game is so boring and there are so many stoppages of play that they need to fill in the gaps somehow.

The English are good I've never heard Aussie commentary but I imagine its similar to the English.

Do any of you guys follow the English premiership?

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
      Amen, I live in the USA and when I want "soccer" and there is an american commentator i change the channel, they are horrible.

I've noticed that they tend to talk a lot about things not related to the game then I realized its because American sports suck and the game is so boring and there are so many stoppages of play that they need to fill in the gaps somehow.

The English are good I've never heard Aussie commentary but I imagine its similar to the English.

The American commentator in question just didn't seem to have a clue about what he was talking about, so would fill the void with obvious, unnecessary commentary of the game.

The English commentators are by far the best out of the English speaking football leagues. As for following it, I support Villa...but most of the other forum members here seem to be Liverpool or United (typical glory hunters haha).

To be honest, I do like American commentary for some sports. The NHL in particular is pretty awesome. I always enjoy tuning into the play-offs.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
        • Jul 2012

I am for Liverpool FC mate. The most successful club in England
        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
          The American commentator in question just didn't seem to have a clue about what he was talking about, so would fill the void with obvious, unnecessary commentary of the game.

The English commentators are by far the best out of the English speaking football leagues. As for following it, I support Villa...but most of the other forum members here seem to be Liverpool or United (typical glory hunters haha).

To be honest, I do like American commentary for some sports. The NHL in particular is pretty awesome. I always enjoy tuning into the play-offs.
          For NBA and NFL I couldnt imagine it without American commentary and it would just be weird to hear someone with a British accent commentating it. Likewise Americans and football just dont go well together.
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
            • Jan 2010

For NBA and NFL I couldnt imagine it without American commentary and it would just be weird to hear someone with a British accent commentating it. Likewise Americans and football just dont go well together.
            Yeh a British accent wouldn't suit the American sports at all.

In terms of the English commentators, this video is a classic. I don't even follow Boro and it still gets the adrenalin going. Half of it is probably because I like the pigbag anthem as well that the club use. What a comeback though, it's a shame they lost the final otherwise it would've been one of the best sporting stories going around.

Middlesbrough Vs Steaua Bucharest - YouTube

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
              • Jul 2012

Yeh a British accent wouldn't suit the American sports at all.

In terms of the English commentators, this video is a classic. I don't even follow Boro and it still gets the adrenalin going. Half of it is probably because I like the pigbag anthem as well that the club use. What a comeback though, it's a shame they lost the final otherwise it would've been one of the best sporting stories going around.

Middlesbrough Vs Steaua Bucharest - YouTube
              Not too bad EM. I always like it when the commentator really gets in to the game. This one is famous and my personal favourite haha. After the legend himself scores a cracker. Great commentary for a great player

Gerrard Goal v Olympiakos (UEFA Champions League Group Stage 2004) - YouTube

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                • Jan 2010

Not too bad EM. I always like it when the commentator really gets in to the game. This one is famous and my personal favourite haha. After the legend himself scores a cracker. Great commentary for a great player

Gerrard Goal v Olympiakos (UEFA Champions League Group Stage 2004) - YouTube
                Can't go wrong with these two commentators. They've had the pleasure of commentating hundreds of my goals on FIFA throughout the years.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                  • Jan 2010

Anyone know a bit more about this and what exactly happened? Seems like Andon is quite upset with Pancev, and rightly so.

Андон Дончевски - YouTube

Comment

• United MKD
                    • Jul 2011

I suppose he's just upset Pancev didn't feel like coming to the reunion match a few days ago - we don't actually know the reason just speculating.

Doncevski still living in Melbourne nowadays?

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by United MKD View Post
                      I suppose he's just upset Pancev didn't feel like coming to the reunion match a few days ago - we don't actually know the reason just speculating.

Doncevski still living in Melbourne nowadays?
                      Yeh, I'm pretty sure he still is.

Comment

• Gocka
                        • Dec 2012

I am for Liverpool FC mate. The most successful club in England
                        Haha still living in the glory days I see :P. They are surprisingly having a good season, its a shame we didn't nab Suarez off you, we would have dominated this year with him in our team.

Yes the NHL commentators are much better then NBA and even NFL in my opinion, probably because they are not Americans haha, most are Canadian.

Well I'm an Arsenal supporter, its been rough lately but I think this year will be our year. How did you come up with Villa? Kind of an odd ball choice for someone who is not English. I think they will stay up this year, Benteke is too good for them to go down.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                          • Jan 2010

Haha still living in the glory days I see :P. They are surprisingly having a good season, its a shame we didn't nab Suarez off you, we would have dominated this year with him in our team.

Yes the NHL commentators are much better then NBA and even NFL in my opinion, probably because they are not Americans haha, most are Canadian.

Well I'm an Arsenal supporter, its been rough lately but I think this year will be our year. How did you come up with Villa? Kind of an odd ball choice for someone who is not English. I think they will stay up this year, Benteke is too good for them to go down.
                          Well before I started following the league seriously I was somewhat an Arsenal fan because my dad and brother both support them. But during 07/08 I started gaining an interest in the league and watched a bunch of games. I decided to pick a team, and Villa caught my eye. I liked their name, emblem and kit at the time, so started watching more of their games. Arsenal would have to be my 2nd favourite, so I'd probably follow them in the premier league if Villa were to get relegated (which I don't think will happen at this stage). I don't really hate any teams either, except for United and Birmingham (who are irrelevant now).

It'd be great to see Arsenal take the title this year. If you do, you can thank Villa for it, after that wake up call in round 1. Without that, who knows if Wenger would've gone on to purchase Ozil, who I reckon was without doubt the best deal of the transfer window.

Comment

• Gocka
                            • Dec 2012

It'd be great to see Arsenal take the title this year. If you do, you can thank Villa for it, after that wake up call in round 1. Without that, who knows if Wenger would've gone on to purchase Ozil, who I reckon was without doubt the best deal of the transfer window.
                            I think that loss did make him purchase Ozil and he is by far the best signing but I think Flamini might well be the second best, does a dirty job but does it so well.

I had my hopes up but the recent loss against Chelsea (who my brother supports) it was painfully obvious that we have no depth in the squad, and the regular starters are tired already and we are just getting started and already out of one trophy chase. I think we will come close but I think Man city will take the title this year, with arsenal and Chelsea fighting for second and Man U a close forth with Totenham or Liverpool on there tail.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                              • Jul 2012

Arsenal vs Liverpool tomorrow should be a very good game. They have both been the best two teams so far this season. Hoping for a win but it seems everyone I have spoken to is certain it will end in a draw.

Comment

• Gocka
                                • Dec 2012

Arsenal vs Liverpool tomorrow should be a very good game. They have both been the best two teams so far this season. Hoping for a win but it seems everyone I have spoken to is certain it will end in a draw.
                                Yeah everyone says draw, but I think win for arsenal. These kind of games come down to individual error or brilliance, and I think arsenal has more players that can impact the game. Hopefully its not as boring as the Chelsea game was a a few days ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X