• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Macedonian Coat of Arms

Parliament passes Law on Coat of Arms, red five-point star to be removed

Skopje, November 16 (MIA) - Parliament passed Monday the Law on Coat of Arms of Macedonia with 80 votes in favour and 18 against.

Under the law, the red five-point star is being removed from the coat of arms and envisages the national emblem of Macedonia to be composed of two curved garlands of sheaves of wheat, tobacco leaves and poppy buds, tied by a ribbon decorated with the embroidery of traditional Macedonian folk motives. In the centre of the ovoid frame are depicted a mountain, a lake and a sunrise.

Moreover, signatures are being collected within a civic initiative launched by VMRO-NP party, urging the general coat of arms of Macedonia from 1620 (golden lion on red background) to be endorsed as a Macedonian national emblem.

Parliament passed Monday the Law on Coat of Arms of Macedonia with 80 votes in favour and 18 against.Under the law, the red five-point star is being removed from the coat of arms and envisages the national emblem
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

This is old news.We've allready covered this in another thread Bill,the covernment decided to just takeout the star.They are not adopting anything else.IT would be good but i don't think they are willing to change it.
    Last edited by George S.; 11-17-2009, 01:06 AM. Reason: edit
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
      This is old news.We've allready covered this in another thread Bill,the covernment decided to just takeout the star.They are not adopting anything else.IT would be good but i don't think they are willing to change it.
      oh.... ok, but its now oficial and only been voted a couple of days ago acording to the link.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
      X