Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

thanks daskale good article.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

"They call themselves Macedonians"

A Greek source:

In 1925 the Chief of Staff of the Tenth Army Division (of Greece), a man by the name of Salvanos who was located in Western Macedonia, was given the job of reporting on the make up of the demographic of the Lerin (Florina) region.

"He (Salvanos) wrote that those with pure Greek national consciousness are insignificant minority...while the Slavophone population is divided into three groups...The latter, the third group, stressed Salvanos, constitutes the majority of the population and call themselves Macedonians. They consisted of between one half and three quarters of the toal population in a given village...and last, the Slavophone group with Greek sentiment was only from one to five families within a village. "

Minorities in Greece, by Richard Clogg, 2002, p.129
        Last edited by Pelister; 12-05-2010, 07:53 PM. Reason: Duplication

Comment

• Bratot
          • Sep 2008

I think Daskalot provided the page earlier on this thread as well.
          The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
            I think Daskalot provided the page earlier on this thread as well.
            Yep, here it is.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

If this was already posted I apologize.

For almost twenty years no other population data were produced by Macedonian sources. In 1898 the Macedonian Revolutionaries’ newspaper Politichka Borba (‘Political Struggle’) presented statistics indicating the Macedonian element as constituting the majority of the population (52.74 per cent).The data did not recognise the presence of Bulgarians or Serbs in Macedonia. The publishers of the newspaper obviously considered Weigand’s ethnographic study of Macedonia, conducted in the same year, as credible, as the data were clearly his,except that the category Bulgarian was replaced with Macedonian. The Macedonian Congress produced a geographical map of Macedonia in 1902. It appeared as a part of the Project for Macedonian Autonomy, and proposed that the Vilayets of Solun, Bitola and Skopje should form one Vilayet, with Solun as the capital. Prishtina, Prizrend and Old Serbia were to be excluded from the boundaries of the single Macedonian Vilayet.
              The Contest For Macedonian Identity 1870-1912, By Dr Nick Anastasovski
              Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                • Jan 2009

I hope Tito's mileage in that time machine isn't over 100,000

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

That is a good source TM, and a direct reflection on how Macedonian rebels and revolutionaries referred to themselves in the 19th century, during the Kresna Uprising.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
                    • Sep 2008

Good find T.M. It goes nicely with the first post in the thread, that whether they were Macedonians from 1878 or later who arrived to Bulgaria, 'they called themselves Macedonians'.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

Great find TM.I remember suggesting to TM not long ago that the British archives must be bulging with valuable information about what's taken inplace in the past with the British & greeks in the aegean macedonia.A lot of the information is about what the British have said & has been declassified.
                      Last edited by George S.; 01-09-2011, 11:08 PM. Reason: edit
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

An archive of information about who the Macedonians were, and what they called themselves is needed to challenge the colonial narratives of the New Greeks (and Bulgarians), which have tried to bury the Macedonians, deny they exist, and which in more recent years have attempted to steal the adjective 'Macedonian'. In the West all they see and all they read are non-Macedonian representations of who we are, whether it comes from the invading 'Greeks' or the invading Bulgarians, the representations they have been making about us, right now and historically, are false.

Hopefully we can begin challenging those representations made of us by our invaders and exported to the Western world, here and now.

Guys, I need some clarification in terms of sources, for post #64, #67 and #69.
                        Just the basics, Who wrote it? When was it published? By who? As for post #69, What language is it in? Can we get details about the author and publisher, and what do the underlined letters actually say. It seems some of the letters are in a strange type?

Comment

• Daskalot
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                          An archive of information about who the Macedonians were, and what they called themselves is needed to challenge the colonial narratives of the New Greeks (and Bulgarians), which have tried to bury the Macedonians, deny they exist, and which in more recent years have attempted to steal the adjective 'Macedonian'. In the West all they see and all they read are non-Macedonian representations of who we are, whether it comes from the invading 'Greeks' or the invading Bulgarians, the representations they have been making about us, right now and historically, are false.

Hopefully we can begin challenging those representations made of us by our invaders and exported to the Western world, here and now.

Guys, I need some clarification in terms of sources, for post #64, #67 and #69.
                          Just the basics, Who wrote it? When was it published? By who? As for post #69, What language is it in? Can we get details about the author and publisher, and what do the underlined letters actually say. It seems some of the letters are in a strange type?
                          I will start with post 69, it is written in Russian by Nase D Dimov in 1913, his brother is Dimitrija Chupovski.
                          I have this book in my library. Can scan all of it. We need an English translation of it.
                          Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Pelister
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                            I will start with post 69, it is written in Russian by Nase D Dimov in 1913, his brother is Dimitrija Chupovski.
                            I have this book in my library. Can scan all of it. We need an English translation of it.
                            Thanks Daskalot, just a translation of the underlined parts in post 69 would actually be enough I think. Was Nase a Macedonian immigrant in Russia?

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                              • Jan 2009

Macedonian Echo
                              Monday, Jan. 05, 1925

Long ago, in the days of Philip of Macedon, when whole armies hurled themselves against the dread Macedonian phalanx, Macedonia was a great and independent country. Today, Macedonia is merely a geographical expression; its territories are divided principally between Yugoslavia and Greece.

If the country is nonexistent, the people are not. They have managed, directly or indirectly, to make more Balkan blood flow in the past 20 years than have any other people. Since the War, their activities have shown no sign of abating. Greece and Yugoslavia and Bulgaria have been much troubled by them.

Chief of the modern Macedonians who have demanded autonomy have been Todor Alexandrov, General Protogerov, Peter Schankev. For years, this triumvirate kept the Macedonian question well before the world. A few months ago, Todor Alexandrov was murdered; and last week one Dimitri Stefanov met Peter Schankev in a cafe at Milan, fired five shots from an automatic pistol at him, killed him. The two deaths were connected by the tale which the assassin told:

Peter Schankev decided last spring that Macedonian autonomy was a dead issue, so he quitted the triumvirate to found a movement for transforming the Balkans into a confederation. When Todor Alexandrov stood in his way, the natural thing for him to do was to have Todor Alexandrov quietly murdered; this was done. Immediately Alexandrov's friends called a meeting in a Macedonian village with General Protogerov as chairman. At this meeting, sentence of death was pronounced on Peter Schankev and his executioner went out into the world on a search for his victim—a search which ended at Milan.

Arrested, the assassin said:

"I am a Macedonian Nationalist and I love my mother country intensely. It was only to serve her that I executed this renegade. I am glad I was chosen to sacrifice myself."

Comment

• Pelister
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                                "Being shocked and increasingly concerned, I struck the village mayor when I heard him speak Bulgarian, which he wishes to call Macedonian, and I recommended that in the future he should always and everywhere speak only Greek, and that he should recommend that his villagers do the same."

Greek Infantry Lieutenant Dim. Kamburas in his report about the situation in the Village Armensko of January 25, 1925.
                                Bratot, what is the source of this reference Whic book, or monograph or whatever, does it come from? It was posted some time ago, I hope you can find it.

I'm sickened by the fact that he 'struck' this Macedonian because he insisted on speaking in his native language, which the Greek entirely misrepresents as 'Bulgarian'. He must have told the Greek that the language was Macedonian. It just goes to show the Macedonians were being ignored then, and they are being ignored now, but people are quick to persecute them.

Comment

Working...
                                X