Edinstveni Makedonski Zborovi - Unique Macedonian Words (postable)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mastika
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    Hi Deni, I am still not convinced.
    To rely on Koneski on this issue is of concern to me. As far as I am aware,he ignored the regional dialects of Kostur, Lerin and Voden when developing the standardised Macedonian language/grammar.
    Not every dialect could have been used/encompassed. The codified language was developed for all Macedonians, North, South, East and West. The Prilep-Bitola dialect was a good choice for the literary langauage to be based on. There is no point basing it on the Kostur dialect, which is sufficiently different to the dialects spoken by the rest of the Macedonian people. Besides seeing as most Macedonians live in the RoM it only logical to have the majority of the language derived from there.
    Last edited by Mastika; 05-09-2010, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• Дени
      • May 2010

It would seem, at least to me, that when I give an etymology for nonnative origin, that etymology receives a certain anathema. I don't know if that's because Albanian loanwords are associated with the Albanian people or the country Albania, as though it being an Albanian loan somehow makes it less Macedonian.
      Last edited by Дени; 05-09-2010, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Дени
        • May 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
        Deni, why do you persist to go contra to members of the forum that are stating their undnerstanding of linguistical derivation?
        I'm not sure I follow.

Are you saying I should adopt the thinking of senior members?

may I ask from where your folks are from?
        EDIT: You can send me a private message.

And what qualifications do you hold in linguistics, primarily Macedonian?
        I'm still a student.
        Last edited by Дени; 05-09-2010, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• julie
          • May 2009

thank you Deni.
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Дени View Post
            My mother and I are from Resen. My father is from Ohrid.
            Ahhh so you are an ethnic Albanian.There are a few of you in Resen. now its starting to make sence why you sound pro Albanian.
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Дени
              • May 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
              Ahhh so you are an ethnic Albanian.There are a few of you in Resen. now its starting to make sence why you sound pro Albanian.
              I'm not insulted (if that was meant to be an insult).

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

I'm not insulted (if that was meant to be an insult).
                no i did not mean it that way. Why would you sugest being Albanian to be insulting. I know a few and worked with many from Resen. They are not to bad. Far from the ones further up. Its ok if you are Albanian mate. As long as you show us respect, we will get along.

Comment

• julie
                  • May 2009

It makes sense, and I agree with Bill, we have many different nationalities on this forum, and respect is what we seek
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Bratot
                    • Sep 2008

Are you able to elaborate on why an Aromanian origin is more probable?
                    It is a recorded term showing etymologycal characteristic for the Vlach speech of Farsherioti.

The book deals with some syntactic and semantic aspects of the shared Balkan Sprachbund properties. In a comprehensive introductory chapter, Tomic offers an overview of the Balkan Sprachbund properties. Sobolev, displaying the areal distribution of 65 properties, argues for dialect cartography. Friedman, on the example of the evidentials, argues for typologically informed areal explanation of the Balkan properties. The other contributions analyze specific phenomena: polidefinite DPs in Greek and Aromanian (Campos and Stavrou), Balkan constructions in which datives combine with impersonal clitics or non-active morphology (Rivero), Balkan optatives (Ammann and Auwera), imperative force in the Balkan languages (Isac and Jakab), clitic placement in Greek imperatives (Bo kovic), focused constituents in Romanian and Bulgarian (Hill), synthetic and analytic tenses in Romanian (D'Hulst, Coene and Avram), "purpose-like" modification in a number of Balkan languages (Bu arovska), Balkan modal existential wh -constructions (Grosu), child and adult strategies in interpreting empty subjects in Serbian/Croatian (Stojanovic and Marelj), conditional sentences in Judeo-Spanish (Montoliu and Auwera).

The part of their folklore clothes - 'chicheroana' - white scarf connected with the head - 'chupare'

In the Macedonian language we use an expression - " NA-CHICHKANO ", describing the many(filled with) decorations on someone/thing.

Mostly we use that description for the girls - se nachichkale.

see here
                    Compiled by Reginald de Bray, Todor Dimitrovski, Blagoja Korubin and Trajko Stamatoski Edited and prepared for publication by Peter Hill, Suncica Mircevska and Kevin Windle, at the Australian National University The Macedonian-English Dictionary is the essential aid to all work involving the two languages. The Dictionary is the most ambitious record to date to record English equivalents for the vocabulary of modern Macedonian. It covers the vocabulary met with in a wide variety of settings and literary forms, from modern urban life to traditional folk poetry. Features include: * 50,000 headwords * clear, accurate examples of usage * all necessary grammatical information for Macedonian headwords * details of stress, where it departs from the regular pattern * a broad range of idiomatic expressions and proverbs. The work is based on the lexical corpus of the renowned Rechnik na makendonskiot jazik. Prepared by scholars at the Australian National University in Canberra, working in collaboration with the compilers of the original Rechnik, the content has been brought up to date by the addition of many newer words and new senses which have arisen for older words.

The Farsheriot Vlachs settled in many regions of Macedonia, especially19 century.

Macedonian and Albanian territories are common for them and that why it has a logical sense.

Cupa - Cipa

Which song? How can we determine its age?

The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Дени
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                      no i did not mean it that way. Why would you sugest being Albanian to be insulting. I know a few and worked with many from Resen. They are not to bad. Far from the ones further up. Its ok if you are Albanian mate. As long as you show us respect, we will get along.
                      It makes sense, and I agree with Bill, we have many different nationalities on this forum, and respect is what we seek
                      Мора да се шалите...

Не паѓам на (скриени) провокации.

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Мора да се шалите...

Не паѓам на (скриени) провокации.
                        svarno ti kazuvam. ama ako mi veruvash ili ne toa e tvojta rabota. razbiram deka ima i loshi i dobri od dvete strani.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Deni, you responded to all of my lines of query except for the prevalence of the word's usage in southern Albania. Surely this is a useful line of questioning for obvious reasons. What do you think of Bratot's suggestion of Vlach origins for the term?
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bratot
                            • Sep 2008

It has to be noted that this term - Chupe has been characteristic for South Albania and South Macedonia speech, as it's drawn the regional distribution of the Farsherioti Vlachs.
                            The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Bratot, did you mean to write Northern Albania?
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Дени
                                • May 2010

Deni, you responded to all of my lines of query except for the prevalence of the word's usage in southern Albania. Surely this is a useful line of questioning for obvious reasons.
                                Sorry about that.

And yes, I agree.

What do you think of Bratot's suggestion of Vlach origins for the term?
                                I don't think the excerpt is enough to go by, but it could be a starting point.

I'm not ruling it out completely but it does seems unlikely because, if I'm not mistaken, /t͡ʃ/ doesn't appear before [u] in native words.

Don't take my word for it though...

Comment

Working...
                                X