• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cultea
    Banned
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
    You know I have heard this said before that Homer used the terms "iti" and "oti" - the transliteration means simply "come" and "go" ... the etymology is almost identical to Macedonian except that the "t" has been replaced by the "d".
    No, Homer uses them in the same way as in classic or modern Greek:
    -iti (ήτοι): thus
    -oti, otti (ότι, όττι): that, because
    -oti, o tti (ότι, ό ττι): whichever

Comment

• Toska
      • Sep 2008

oti neznajs

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post

...We have to go back to an older form of the name 'Odisea' made up of the basic verb 'odi' to move to go to travel.This is a fundamental Macedonian action verb beyond any doubt as in itself is made of 'od' ( from ) and 'do' (to) > oddo > odi'.- the basic concept of movement from one point to another. The second word is sea > se > see, which as per my studies is the base root for the basic Macedonian / Pelasgian word meaning lake > sea or a large surface of water..............

Odyssey - Odisi< Odisea < Odisea (Homer- Pelasgian)

Make what you will of it.
        My god this is an old post, but since cultea brought this up, let me tell you another similar explanation to this word "ODISEA" that an elderly man only just recently explained it to me that made plenty of sense. Now after reading the whole post of the one i just quoted, confirms this gentleman must be on to something. Now i did not expect this lovely old man to pull up wiki links or any other piece of evidence to back his claims. What does he know about internet, or libraries. This just makes it more amazing how he would know something that a linguist would know who would have spent years and years of study and have all the luxury of access to information through technology such as internet.

He explained,

ODI = GO
        SEA (SEgA)= NOW

ODI-SEA = GO-NOW
        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Delodephius
          • Sep 2008

That is if we assume that Macedonians used the same forms of the words 'odi' and 'sega' more than 2.800 years ago. And if we ignore a shit-load of language laws and documentation of the Macedonian language of the last 1.100 years.
          अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
          उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
          This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
          But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

Working...
          X