X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buktop
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
    Why are you expressing your opinion? What purpose does it serve (other than white noise) if not to shape the views of others?
    As I stated "trying to generate thought and intelligent discussion"

Care to answer my question?

"Are you on here merely to shape opinion and views? Is that the only purpose of participating in forums? "
    "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
    though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
    Our long awaited hour will draw near
    and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
      • Oct 2009

Back to the survey topic...

Greeks offended by the survey:

translated by google at:
      For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
      http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
      Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
      Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
      Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
        • Sep 2010

According to an announcement made by AMAC, the UMD is a nationalist, US based lobby group with its head office in Washington, D.C. The UMD is well known for their support of territorial claims by the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia against Greece and Bulgaria.
        The announcement continues: “AMAC fails to see how the nationalistic formulations of a lobby group such as the UMD and offensive, racist terminology could form part of an anthropological research project which purports to examine how people maintain links with a homeland which represents an important part of their family background, identity or cultural heritage.
        Are these modern greeks joking about UMD being nationalist and racist? or am I just not getting their jokes?

You guys can post responses to that article.
        Jani says:
        September 19, 2010 at 6:52 am

I dont understand what you mean by “inappropriate terminology”. They just want to say rightfully exactly where they came from – Aegean Macedonia. Which was a part of macedonia before greece had taken it in 1913. Also its called solun not Thessaloniki.
        cheers.

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
          As I stated "trying to generate thought and intelligent discussion"

Care to answer my question?

"Are you on here merely to shape opinion and views? Is that the only purpose of participating in forums? "
          "Thought and intelligent discussion" for what purpose???

Of course part of why I write on forums is to offer an alternative view in order to shape opinion. Why else would I argue against anti-Macedonian ideological views? One of the key reasons this forum even exists is to pursue the Macedonian cause and to convince people that it is just.
          Last edited by Vangelovski; 09-25-2010, 08:01 AM.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
            An example of UMD trying to use Greek criticism to 'prove' they are somehow advancing our cause.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Indeed it does. Meto, among other things, seems to suffer from short-term memory loss, or perhaps his action in ignorance are more deliberate.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                • Aug 2010

Q. Since the last field trip to Macedonia and Turkey what has the UMD done? Check their website for details ..

- UMD Educates U.S. Congress on Macedonian Minority in Greece

Joke? Educate congress? Could NASA be next?
                Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 09-26-2010, 01:07 PM.
                http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Pelister
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                  Pelister, when you learn to actually engage in conversation please feel free to join in, it would prove more useful than your useless parroting and your repetition. Out of your nearly 2000 posts, maybe a handful have been about something other than UMD, EU, and Rape.

We get the picture, now start delving deeper into the situation rather than professing some greater than thou, superficial understanding of the problem.
                  haha.

Just like the bullshit lines you have been trying to spin since you started posting here that Greece has crippling economic power over the Macedonian Republic (in the tradition of UMD - haha). That is nearly a 1000 posts by you about total garbage and in how many months ? What a waste of everyone's time you have proven to be. You must be working for the Greek cause if you have spent nearly all your time here (1000 posts) making a bullshit case that the Greeks have too much economic power over us.

My contributions have been for the most part historical.
                  Last edited by Pelister; 09-27-2010, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                    • Oct 2009

UMD Membership Month campaign ends tomorrow!! Consider joining the largest & fastest growing Macedonian membership advocacy organization in the world, the United Macedonian Diaspora. Your support and membership is instrumental in UMD fighting & countering anti-Macedonian propaganda in Washington, D.C. & else where. Join Today & Help Macedonia Every Day! https://web.memberclicks.com/mc/quic...d&formId=69650

Learn more about what UMD is doing to help Macedonia at http://www.umdiaspora.org
                    Last edited by UMDiaspora.org; 09-29-2010, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                      • Oct 2009

UEFA.com, Stop FYROMing!!!

Time for action: http://www.macedonianfootball.com/in...onal&Itemid=64

Comment

• Bratot
                        • Sep 2008

What is this bullshit?

That's why FYR Macedonia is acceptable, but not FYROM which in Macedonia is regarded as an heavy insult.

The acronym doesn't exist formally, AND its usage(provisional name) has been clearly defined:
                        "for all purposes within the United Nations"

By resolution A/RES/47/225 of 8 April 1993, the General Assembly decided to admit as a Member of the United Nations the State being provisionally referred to for all purposes within the United Nations as "The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" pending settlement of the difference that had arisen over its name.
                        Peace, dignity and equality on a healthy planet
                        Last edited by Bratot; 09-30-2010, 07:46 AM.
                        The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                          What is this bullshit?
                          FYR Macedonia acceptable!
                          Dear Lord we have some dumb Macedonians!
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                            the largest & fasted growing Macedonian membership advocacy organization in the world, the United Macedonian Diaspora.
                            Are you serious Meto??? You have 300 members...

Comment

• Rogi
                              • Sep 2008

An entire article dedicated to the semantics and proper use of an offensive name, missing the entire point. What is the actual purpose of the article? To lobby for "FYR Macedonia" as if that is some lesser evil that we can swallow?

Of late, I am seeing new levels of an extreme absurdity and myopic mindsets.

Comment

• makedonche
                                • Oct 2008

:
                                Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                                An entire article dedicated to the semantics and proper use of an offensive name, missing the entire point. What is the actual purpose of the article? To lobby for "FYR Macedonia" as if that is some lesser evil that we can swallow?

Of late, I am seeing new levels of an extreme absurdity and myopic mindsets.
                                Rogi
                                I agree entirely, and very eloquently put! In my own terminology - there are some fuckwits out there who can't see the forest for the trees, yet are determined to go forward into this forrest even when we don't belong there!
                                On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

Working...
                                X