X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by XRVOL View Post
    With all due respect, but not every initiative needs to go through or involve every other Macedonian organisation. Many initiatives have gone ahead without the cooperation or approval of others.
    There is no doubt. But when questions in the survey are drafted such that it appears there is only one organisation, then questions should appropriately be asked.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelister
      • Sep 2008

The problem is that UMD are not representative of the Australian Macedonian Diaspora - not even close, but that it presents itself as the leading organization representing the Macedonian diaspora. Its misleading to say the least.

I'm not convinced they would be working in the interests of the rank and file Macedonians in terms of the representations they make to Australian and other politicians - given their position in the past on the continued negotiations and name changes, although contradictions in these UMD positions are now emerging.

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
        The problem is that UMD are not representative of the Australian Macedonian Diaspora - not even close, but that it presents itself as the leading organization representing the Macedonian diaspora. Its misleading to say the least.

I'm not convinced they would be working in the interests of the rank and file Macedonians in terms of the representations they make to Australian and other politicians - given their position in the past on the continued negotiations and name changes, although contradictions in these UMD positions are now emerging.
        Pelister
        I would go a little further than "misleading", my view is that it is mis-representation.
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Currency Trader
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
          Pelister
          I would go a little further than "misleading", my view is that it is mis-representation.

And whose fault is that?

Can people blame UMD for being on the Victorian University survey?

Why didn't the University contact other large and influencial Macedonian organizations?

Or is this survey purely based on who-knows-who?

In any case, as Rogi pointed out, there is an option to voice disatisfaction - Lets not blow things out of proportion.

-

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Currency Trader View Post
            And whose fault is that?

Why didn't the University contact other large and influencial Macedonian organizations?

In any case, as Rogi pointed out, there is an option to voice disatisfaction - Lets not blow things out of proportion.

-
            The UMD Head in Australia has been working closely with Victoria University on this survey. He is aware of UMD's standing among the Australian Macedonian community (i.e., zero) and still included them and excluded Macedonian organisations that actually represent the community. This is another cheap UMD stunt to portray itself to our Australian Government as representative of the Australian Macedonians when it clearly is not.
            Last edited by Vangelovski; 09-08-2010, 06:58 AM.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Currency Trader
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
              The UMD Head in Australia has been working closely with Victoria University on this survey. He is aware of UMD's standing among the Australian Macedonian community (i.e., zero) and still included them and excluded Macedonian organisations that actually represent the community. This is another cheap UMD stunt to portray itself to our Australian Government as representative of the Australian Macedonians when it clearly is not.
              I'd rather see it as being pro-active than cheap stunt, even if they don't represent the vast majority of Macedonians in Australia. And if UMD's standing is zero within your community, then the survey should reflect no confidence. Plain and simple.

-

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                • Oct 2009

Happy Macedonian Independence Day!!

Macedonians worldwide are celebrating Independence Day, from celebrations in the Republic, to festivals in Albania, flag raising ceremonies in Melbourne, Australia, Fort Wayne, Indiana, and Cleveland, Ohio to a boat cruise on the Potomac River in Washington, D.C. Happy Macedonian Independence Day!

Read full press release at: http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/497/1/
                Last edited by UMDiaspora.org; 09-09-2010, 07:14 AM.
                For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                  • Aug 2010

Do they count?

Please let me know what Macedonians are doing where you live. This will be an action and event message centre not hey lets support the Government of Macedonia - DIASPORA MATTERS and CONCERNS Thanks http://worldmacedonian.forumaster.net/viewforum.php?f=2
                  http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• freifrau
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2010

Happy independence day !

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

And if UMD's standing is zero within your community, then the survey should reflect no confidence. Plain and simple.-
                      That is almost true.
                      But no attempt has been made to determine which organisations actually have the confidence of our community, in which case, the survey is fundamentally flawed.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

And whose fault is that?

-
                        CT
                        The misrepresentation is clearly UMD's fault - they do not represent a United Macedonian Diaspora so they should change their name to "American Diaspora" or something else more accurate in who they represent!
                        Folliwing that, if they have represented themselves as the organisation that represents Macedonians of the diaspora in order to be part of the survey, then they are to blame for being on the survey!
                        Why the University didn't contact other Macedonian Communities to be part of the survey is a burning question which needs to be answered by the University - why are you asking this of me?
                        What the survey is based on is still unclear - hence my questions regarding the entire process and who's idea it is etc. - and even though I asked the question I still have no answer back from them!
                        There is an opportunity to voice dissatisfaction in the survey - where is the option to voice concern about the survey before it is distributed?
                        Things are not being blown out of proportion, I am trying to keep them in proportion and ask valid questions about this entire process and UMD's involvement -before ,during and after the survey!
                        Would you be so kind as to explain to me where I am being unreasonable in any of my questions?
                        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                          • Jan 2009

The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Currency Trader
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                            That is almost true.
                            But no attempt has been made to determine which organisations actually have the confidence of our community, in which case, the survey is fundamentally flawed.
                            Whose fault is it that no attempt has been made to determine which organisations have the confidence of Australian Macedonian community?

While surveys in-general may not always be 100% perfect, depending on whose point-of-view, this survey seems to be important to illustrate Macedonians in Australia - Would you rather be excluded and non-existant from this survey?

-

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Whose fault is it that no attempt has been made to determine which organisations have the confidence of Australian Macedonian community?

While surveys in-general may not always be 100% perfect, depending on whose point-of-view, this survey seems to be important to illustrate Macedonians in Australia - Would you rather be excluded and non-existant from this survey?
                              -
                              Well here is the introduction:
                              SURVEY

ARE YOU MACEDONIAN OR OF MACEDONIAN BACKGROUND?

In partnership with the Macedonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the United Macedonian Diaspora, you are invited to participate in the following survey about people of Macedonian background living in Australia. The survey is about the ways in which connections with Macedonia are maintained by migrants, children of migrants and those who have a close connection with Macedonia. It should take from 10 to 20 minutes to complete depending on how much you want to say.

This is part of a research project being coordinated by Victoria University, the University of Adelaide, the University of Western Australia and LaTrobe University. The purpose of the study is to gain a greater understanding of how people maintain links with a homeland which represents an important part of their family background, identity or cultural heritage. The information is being collected to understand the connections between homelands and Australia so that government can be advised about how to maximise potential benefits that can flow from these ties. The following survey asks for a range of details about your background, circumstances and the many ways, and reasons for, staying connected to Macedonia.
                              Given the UMD "partnership" .... I would say it is the fault of the UMD for not being honest about the organisations that matter in Australia. Wouldn't you?
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Currency Trader
                                • Sep 2009

CT
                                The misrepresentation is clearly UMD's fault - they do not represent a United Macedonian Diaspora so they should change their name to "American Diaspora" or something else more accurate in who they represent!
                                Not to expand this discussion to far off topic, but I'd say that Macedonians in various countries around world are members of UMD. Granted that not every member may like every decision, stipulation UMD has made, but their membership is reaching beyond the borders of "American Diaspora".

Folliwing that, if they have represented themselves as the organisation that represents Macedonians of the diaspora in order to be part of the survey, then they are to blame for being on the survey!!
                                I think they want to represent every possible Macedonian everywhere.
                                But why blame them for being on the survey? They are pro-active and I don't see any fault with that. In fact, there is actually an option to voice dissatisfaction: check the box "No extent".

This way, if those who filled it out check "No extent", then the survey (Australian Macedonians) will reflect no confidence in UMD.

Why the University didn't contact other Macedonian Communities to be part of the survey is a burning question which needs to be answered by the University - why are you asking this of me?
                                I'm asking because you said or implied that the survey is mis representing Australian Macedonians.

What the survey is based on is still unclear - hence my questions regarding the entire process and who's idea it is etc. - and even though I asked the question I still have no answer back from them!
                                Keep bothering them.

There is an opportunity to voice dissatisfaction in the survey - where is the option to voice concern about the survey before it is distributed?
                                Things are not being blown out of proportion, I am trying to keep them in proportion and ask valid questions about this entire process and UMD's involvement -before ,during and after the survey!
                                Would you be so kind as to explain to me where I am being unreasonable in any of my questions?
                                In your first post that I responded to, I didn't see any open questions, only a one-line statement of "mis-representation". So it would be impossible for me to claim that you are being unreasonable with your questions - Questions are always good, I encourage them.

The option of voicing concern before a survey is distributed can often be limited to outsiders, regardless of topic and who is doing it.

-

Comment

Working...
                                X