• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Akzion
    Banned
    • Nov 2010

Bill77,
    Well you’re somehow right and wrong. Dekemvriana is an irrelevant thing, but you cannot rule out the identity of the victims. Victims were random demonstrators, actually their names are known. At December 3rd, 1944, there was no fascist Government, or any established state of things. That’s the idea. From the point of view of Communist Party of Greece, this massive demonstration was a cover-up for an attempt to take over power or provoke something or it was just… a demonstration of power. These events were decisive in triggering the Civil War. Yet, it’s not easy to decide what was planned and decided, what was accidental and whose fault it was. There are many theories about it.
    The murder of Grigoropoulos and the consequent riots are incidents that show the exact opposite problem. Greece doesn’t suffer of fascism but of an overblown anarchy and tolerance.
    I don’t have doubts, though I’m not an expert in uniforms. I have found a caption only for picture#1 of post #11. These are Greek commandos and heads of rebels right after the battle of Florina (12 Feb 1949). That was the failed attack of the Democratic Army in their only attempt to take over a big city. It seems that photos 2, 3 and 4 are from the same period (1948-1949). Picture 6 is from Dekemvriana. In pictures 5 and 7, I can’t recognize the historical frame.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Just (unfortunately) read through this thread again. So much atrocities committed against Macedonians, so much forgotten, so much left unsaid.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Sekirani
        • Feb 2010

Here is one story from this book detailing a Greek Andart attack on the village of Kalen, Mariovo, it is graphic in detail, unfortunately just one of many For anyone wondering where Kalen is http://www.places-in-the-world.com/7...1a0dlp01vg3h91
        Last edited by Sekirani; 07-19-2011, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X