Origin of the Goths: Slavic or Germanic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serdarot
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post

Most of that could just be nonsense. The origin of the word Nemci could be from a German tribe called the Nemetes, while the origin of the word Slověne is still unknown. It is most likely an Iranian (Scytho-Sarmatian) word.
    the rest of your bs i will surely not comment, dont want to spend too much time replying on pathetic comments, but this one is a MUST

The Germans are not calling themself "Nemci" / "Niemci".

The "slavic" nations are using that term.

Anyway, maybe we should start calling you SLEPCI, instead of SERVI

Pathetic!
    --------------------

here, for those who are not Nemci and not Slepci:

Nem(ec) =

mute
    silent
    dumb
    speechless
    tongue-tied
    non-speaking

There is NO mystery in that... when our ancestors met them, they could not understand the language (and the script), so they were NEMCI.
    Last edited by Serdarot; 04-04-2011, 08:39 AM.
    Bratot:
    Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Delodephius
      • Sep 2008

Here's an example of the Gothic language:

YouTube - Gotische Lesungen -- Lukas I
      अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
      उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
      This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
      But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Volk
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Serdarot View Post
        the rest of your bs i will surely not comment, dont want to spend too much time replying on pathetic comments, but this one is a MUST
        Seradot, show some respect... Slovak deserves it regardless if you disagree with him. Or do we all on this forum now abuse people if we do not agree with them...
        Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Serdarot
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Volk View Post
          Seradot, show some respect... Slovak deserves it regardless if you disagree with him. Or do we all on this forum now abuse people if we do not agree with them...
          Respect has to be earned / deserved

Placing pathetic theories who are directly or indirectly bad for the Macedonian Cause, is not the way to earn my respect.

But i guess "serious scientist" as Slovak do not need my respect
          Bratot:
          Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Volk
            • Sep 2008

Slovak earned his respect a long time ago, you should be more considerate to people that actually support our nation like Slovak
            Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Delodephius
              • Sep 2008

Thanks Volk, but you don't have to defend me in front of people like him. It's just not worth it. Most of us here know what he says is not true, we've all been friends for a long time and we know for what each of us stands.

What does this thread about Goths have to do with the Macedonian Cause anyway?
              Last edited by Delodephius; 04-04-2011, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Serdarot
                • Feb 2010

What does "Nemec" / "Niemec" have to do with "Nemetes" ?

If you are serious, you should inform yourself that the "nemec" / "niemec" term for the Germans is used in so many different countries, but in all those countries nem / niem is also:

mute
                silent
                dumb
                speechless
                tongue-tied
                non-speaking

Maybe you are not aware, but in my eyes it is the same like the denying the Macedonian History and Heritage

I apologize for the vocabulary i used in my previous post, i am just allergic when people are underestimating the role, the contribution and the value that the Macedonians and the other "slavs" have in the global history and in our present civilization.
                Bratot:

Comment

• Delodephius
                  • Sep 2008

I am quite aware of the word 'nem' means, I wrote that in my post if you have not noticed. Do not suppose that such minuscule matters are important though. I'm quite unsure what it has to do with the Macedonian Cause, since Macedonians never had any dealings with the Germans before the last few centuries.

I am quite aware what Macedonians have achieved. I however am allergic when people overestimate that achievement. Especially modern Macedonians. I'm not aware of anything they contributed to the present civilization. The Ancient Macedonians contributed a great deal, even if it wasn't in the area of intellect. However, "We are not our parents, and what they achieved belongs to them, not us", and all credit goes to them, not the modern Macedonians.
                  Last edited by Delodephius; 04-04-2011, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Serdarot
                    • Feb 2010

... I however am allergic when people overestimate that achievement. Especially modern Macedonians. I'm not aware of anything they contributed to the present civilization...
                    your anti-Makedonism on surface?

in your anti-Makedonism, you forgot this part (the bold and underlined):

people are underestimating the role, the contribution and the value that the Macedonians and the other "slavs" have in the global history and in our present civilization.
                    i will not spamm this topic with what have the Modern Macedonians contributed to the world, i will only mention one single thing: Macedonians liberated Macedonia, part of Greece, part of Albania and part of SERBIA from the German and other fascist troops (of course not fighting alone, we know more or less how the wwII developed... but hey, we liberated you )
                    Last edited by Serdarot; 04-04-2011, 01:44 PM.
                    Bratot:

Comment

• Delodephius
                      • Sep 2008

I'm not aware of any significant number of Macedonians fighting in Baczka, or in any part of Vojvodina for that matter. My town was liberated by Slovak volunteers, my grandfather included.

You're only revealing your ignorance by calling me Anti-Macedonian. Ask the other Macedonians what they have to say first. I do not think I have made a single Anti-Macedonian statement since I joined this forum years ago.

Comment

• Serdarot
                        • Feb 2010

I'm not aware of any significant number of Macedonians fighting in Baczka, or in any part of Vojvodina for that matter. My town was liberated by Slovak volunteers, my grandfather included.
                        So you never heard about the Macedonians being killed, tortured and imprisoned, because they refused to go to the "Sremski Front"?

You never heard, that most of the Macedonian Fighters who were killed in the WWII, were fighting on the "Sremski Front"?

And you speak about ignorance?

You're only revealing your ignorance by calling me Anti-Macedonian. Ask the other Macedonians what they have to say first. I do not think I have made a single Anti-Macedonian statement since I joined this forum years ago.
                        To write those 2 statements, that modern Macedonians have no contribution in the current civilization, and that modern Macedonians were not fighting to liberate Vojvodina (Syrmium/Srem, Banat, Bachka), is anti-Makedonism by definition.

Beside anti-Makedonism, it is an insult, lie and complete ignorance.
                        Bratot:

Comment

• Delodephius
                          • Sep 2008

You seem to imply that only Macedonians are somehow the ones to be noted of fighting on the Syrmian front, as if all others fighters there are irrelevant. Putting your people so high on a pedestal, as if they are the sole important people on Earth, no wonder even the smallest mistake or incorrect remark about your people can be called Anti-Macedonism. I don't want to guess to what depth you are mentally disturbed, but I'm putting you on my Ignore list just to be safe.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                            • Jan 2009

Guys let's keep the insults out of the topic and just discuss the topic on hand.

Tomas, Serdarot what do you guys think about Onur's posts on page 2?
                            Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Delodephius
                              • Sep 2008

Tomas, Serdarot what do you guys think about Onur's posts on page 2?
                              There too many misconceptions and misinformation there to even bother with it. I'd just ignore it. You guys can debate if you want, I'll join if an opportunity comes.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                                • Jan 2009

There too many misconceptions and misinformation there to even bother with it. I'd just ignore it. You guys can debate if you want, I'll join if an opportunity comes.
                                What's your opinion about the monk Hrabar and his statement that the pre-christian Slavic tribes used runes?
                                Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X