Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gocka
    • Dec 2012

I've heard of that, we have had similar cases in the US. The problem I have is that I know plenty of 30 year olds who "don't have an ability to understand what is good for them and their ability to make informed decisions" Age is kind of irrelevant to a degree.

Too much burden is put on others and not enough on the individual.

We have similar cases with college girls claiming rape when they wake up next to someone they regret. Then the excuse is, " I was too drunk to make the right choices" so the burden is on the other person to make good choices for you.

I'm sure if I had a daughter, or maybe kids at all, I would probably say FRY UM, but I have seen enough from American teens to know they are horny bastards that will hump anything and know damn well what they are doing.

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
    There was a legal case in Britain sometime back...it is called 'Gillick Competence'...relates to issues of understanding of minors (<16) in cases of medical law...basically their ability to understand what is good for them and their ability to make informed decisions, the case 'Gillick' was a young girl who went on the pill after consulting her doctor, the mother found out and tried to sue the doctor...anyway...Google it.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
      I agree there is a double standard, we assume the guy was a lucky dog but the girl would be abused by a pedophile.

I don't know what its like over where you Kangaroo herders live, but here in the USA, a 15 year old girl is MORE than capable of knowing what she is doing.

Either way you have to draw the line somewhere.
      In the majority of States in Australia, the age of consent is 16 irrespective of gender, with some states extending that to 16 and 17 year olds specifically for persons deemed to be in a supervisory role, i.e. a teacher. So yes, in Australia what she did would be considered, and charged with, a criminal offence (child sexual abuse) and be labelled a peadophile... but these are the French we are talking about
      Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 05-09-2017, 10:31 AM.
      “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Gocka
        • Dec 2012

The age of consent in the USA varies from I believe 15 to 18. Technically a 21 year old ca be a pedophile for having relations with a 17 year old in some states. I think we tend to be naive about minors and want to see them all as angels. I was a teen not to long ago and we knew what we were doing.

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
        In the majority of States in Australia, the age of consent is 16 irrespective of gender, with some states extending that to 16 and 17 year olds specifically for persons deemed to be in a supervisory role, i.e. a teacher. So yes, in Australia what she did would be considered a criminal offence (child sexual abuse) and be labelled a peadophile... but these are the French we are talking about

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
          The age of consent in the USA varies from I believe 15 to 18. Technically a 21 year old ca be a pedophile for having relations with a 17 year old in some states. I think we tend to be naive about minors and want to see them all as angels. I was a teen not to long ago and we knew what we were doing.
          “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Gocka
            • Dec 2012

LMAO, ah Dave. Comedians are the best at putting these difficult cultural problems in perspective.

I'm surprised I didn't realize you guys had TV's, I imagine you all look like Mick Dundee.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

In the majority of States in Australia, the age of consent is 16 irrespective of gender, with some states extending that to 16 and 17 year olds specifically for persons deemed to be in a supervisory role, i.e. a teacher. So yes, in Australia what she did would be considered, and charged with, a criminal offence (child sexual abuse) and be labelled a peadophile... but these are the French we are talking about
              In France it is 15 but increases to 18 when dealings with teachers.
              If the role was reversed and it was a male teacher, this would have been deemed horrific notwithstanding the devious abilities of many 15 year old girls (young women).

If some old slapper messed up my son's mind at school in the same way, I would have sorted her out myself.

But, with the benefit of hindsight, I can't help but think that her connections to a different age stratification and indeed social connections were a significant contributor to him becoming one of France's youngest leaders.

Ah well, one for the books.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Macron gets slapped out by a Frenchman:

French President Emmanuel Macron was slapped in the face on Tuesday by a man in a crowd of onlookers while on a walkabout in southern France.Subscribe to our...

Not sure about the specific motivation of the slapper, but slapee probably has quite a few slaps coming his way.
                https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57402753

French President Emmanuel Macron has been slapped in the face on an official visit to the south-east of France. In a video circulating on social media, Mr Macron is seen walking up to a barrier on a trip to Tain-l'Hermitage outside the city of Valence. A man in a green T-shirt slaps Mr Macron in the face before officers quickly move in. The president, meanwhile, is pulled away. Two men have been arrested following the incident, French media report. President Macron later called it an "isolated event". "We must not let ultra-violent people take over the public debate: they do not deserve it," he told French newspaper Le Dauphiné. The man reportedly shouted "Down with Macron-ism" as he slapped the president, as well as "Montjoie, Saint-Denis" - the battle-cry of the old Kingdom of France, in reference to the banner of King Charlemagne. In the video Mr Macron briefly returned to the barrier after the incident and once again interacted with the crowd. "I continued and I will continue," he later told Le Dauphiné. "Nothing will stop me." As yet the identity and motive of the man are unclear. The local prefecture said he and another individual are being questioned by the gendarmerie, in a statement reported by AFP news agency.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

https://www.novamakedonija.com.mk/ma...0%D0%B5%D0%B3/

Претседателот на Владата Зоран Заев денеска во Париз се сретна со францускиот претседател Емануел Макрон. По средбата тие одржаа заедничка прес-конференција, на која меѓудругото францускиот претседател истакна дека Македонија заслужува да ги почне преговорите за членство со ЕУ. Тука сум да помогнам за да се изнајде решение со Бугарија – додаде Макрон. Заев е во работна посета на Франција, придружуван од Никола Димитров и Бујар Османи.

The Prime Minister Zoran Zaev met today in Paris with the French President Emanuel Macron. After the meeting, they held a joint press conference, at which, among other things, the French President stressed that Macedonia deserves to start membership negotiations with the EU. "I am here to help find a solution with Bulgaria," Macron added. Zaev is on a working visit to France, accompanied by Nikola Dimitrov and Bujar Osmani.
                  Too bad the guy who slapped the French clown didn't hold back for a few more days.

In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

I love the idea of "membership negotiations". Can you imagine how hard Macedonians would be biting the pillow in any negotiation process?
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

https://www.reuters.com/world/us-reg...al-2021-09-17/

WASHINGTON, Sept 17 (Reuters) - The United States regrets France's decision to recall its ambassador from Washington and will continue to be engaged in the coming days to resolve differences between the two countries, a White House official said on Friday. France recalled its ambassadors to the United States and Australia after Australia struck a deal with the United States and Britain which ended a $40 billion deal to purchase French-designed submarines.
                      With Merkel's departure, the little weasel who rules France thinks of himself as the new leader of the EU, but it appears Macron's oversized sense of self-importance just got a reality check. Au revoir Frenchy. On a side note, Biden had another case of memory loss when he forgot the name of Australia's PM when addressing him during the announcement of the deal, but that's no longer a surprise.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

https://www.foxnews.com/media/john-k...-france-dustup

White House Climate Envoy John Kerry went viral on Tuesday after telling French television that President Biden was unaware of the spat between the U.S. and France as it fueled last month. During a Monday interview with BFMTV, Kerry attempted to smooth over the international dustup after France expressed it was blindsided by the Biden administration's tri-lateral agreement between the U.S., U.K, and Australia over the exchange of submarine technology so much so that it prompted French President Emmanuel Macron to briefly pull his ambassador to the U.S. out of the country. "[Biden] asked me. He said, ‘What’s the situation?' And I explained- he had not been aware of that. He literally had not been aware of what had transpired," Kerry said towards the end of the interview. "And I don’t want to go into the details of it, but suffice it to say, that the president, my president is very committed to strengthening the relationship and making sure that this is a small event of the past and moving on to the much more important future."
                        He was unaware because he forgot or because nobody bothered to tell him. Further evidence that this clown is asleep at the wheel or isn't running the country. On a side note, the little French worm still isn't returning the calls of Australia's PM. A short message for Macron:

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59283134

President Emmanuel Macron has switched to using a darker navy blue on the official French flag, replacing the previous brighter shade, officials have told local media. The move saw flags in the new hue hoisted on the presidential palace last year without any accompanying fanfare. Mr Macron wanted to bring back the navy blue flag, a symbol of the French Revolution, Europe 1 said........The Élysée Palace has not publicly announced its change in flags, and no orders have been given for other institutions to do the same.
                          Meh, it could have been worse, he could have replaced the blue with a frog (or a ventilator). Why he felt the need to sneak in the change without consulting his people is more concerning. Probably his Napoleon complex kicking into gear as he prepares to take the reigns of the EU in a couple of weeks.

Comment

• kompir
                            • Jan 2015

^ Or blue cheese
                            Доста бе Вегето една, во секоја манџа се мешаш

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                              Meh, it could have been worse, he could have replaced the blue with a frog (or a ventilator). Why he felt the need to sneak in the change without consulting his people is more concerning. Probably his Napoleon complex kicking into gear as he prepares to take the reigns of the EU in a couple of weeks.
                              I would call it a great move if it wasn't for everything else he stands for. A departure from the EU Blue that they matched their flag with in the 1970's is not a bad thing.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• kompir
                                • Jan 2015

Frog presidential elections 2022

Looks like Macron won fair and square...

Доста бе Вегето една, во секоја манџа се мешаш

Comment

Working...
                                X