X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
    Well if UMD was to hold elections, I'd like to know if Steve Kostoff would stand. There are many good people in UMD, but UMD, you are a young organisation. We all make mistakes and trip over along the way. Non of us are bigger than the cause we all fight for!
    Thats exactly right Mikail, i totally agree with that.
    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Prolet
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by vodenka View Post
      The sole responsible to deal with the name issue is the legally elected government of Macedonia. Macedonian governments in the past signed agreements in UN and EU or whereever and not macedonian NGOs. How can an organization like UMD be accounted as "responsible' for any possible name change of the state of Macedonia, even if it has (I do not know if it is so) expressed a pro-compromise idea on the name issue. The entire opposition in the Macedonian Parliament is pro-compromise and nobody here is worried about it!
      Not only them but their media outlets aswell

They are openly calling for a name change, they are a disgrace to our people.
      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• vodenka
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
        Not only them but their media outlets aswell

They are openly calling for a name change, they are a disgrace to our people.
        All Macedonian organizations in the world should help (each of them as they can better) our cause (world recognition as MACEDONIAN NATION) and we must all BE UNITED ON THIS CAUSE. If we continue to disagree and fight on HOW we can achieve this goal, we will loose our cause.
        Of course I cannot tell the Australian Macedonians how they can achieve this goal because they know better then me how things are there, but I could help if I can. The same goes for us in Greece: we know what the situation is here and also how we can move and in what direction to achieve the same goal., etc.
        Macedonian Government from its part has to do what is best to preserve and protect our name and identity, with the help and support of all of us on this issue.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

How can an organization like UMD be accounted as "responsible' for any possible name change of the state of Macedonia, even if it has (I do not know if it is so) expressed a pro-compromise idea on the name issue.
          Vodenka, either tell us who claimed the UMD was "responsible" for a name change, or stick to what is actually written by people. And if you do not know, perhaps you should put the effort in and go through some of the relevant threads, so you do know. The UMD has expressed a pro-compromise idea, your ignorance of this fact does not make it false, or worthy of defence in ignorance.

Their role (or what should be) is to represent the view of the Macedonian Diaspora. They have failed to do this on a number of occasions, and they have followed that up with a number of brazen denials of their errors. This may be acceptable to you the way a 'democratic' prefix is acceptable to the UMD, but it is not acceptable to myself or many other Macedonians.
          Macedonian Government from its part has to do what is best to preserve and protect our name and identity, with the help and support of all of us on this issue.
          Yes, to support them, but not in decisions that are against the will of the Macedonian people, as the UMD have done.
          The entire opposition in the Macedonian Parliament is pro-compromise and nobody here is worried about it!
          Nor is the government above criticism here at the MTO, again, make the effort and read through some threads before making such generalisations.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• vodenka
            • Mar 2009

SoM, if any macedonian government decide to change the name of the Republic of Macedonia, what do you think we Macedonians who are not citizens of that state should do?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by amitreski
              While you claim UMD is soft and not patriotic enough the greeks, in many isntances feel UMD is very radical. They are all collecting this material.

here is a recent thread
              Any person that openly declares as a Macedonian is considered radical by Greek racists, no great achievement.
              Originally posted by amitreski View Post
              UMD HAS NEVER ADVOCATED FOR NAME CHNAGE. NEVER!

Anybody claiming the opposite is intentionally misrepresenting the truth, in other words lying.
              Really? Are you denying that Meto Koloski, on the ZMR interview, advocated for 2 names other than the Republic of Macedonia for international organisations and bilateral relations with Greece?

A simple yes or no will do.

Ajde Alekso, let's see who is intentionally misrepresenting the truth, or in other words lying.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Rogi
                • Sep 2008

The word revolution springs to mind.

If they change the name, not only are they not fit to Govern Macedonia and the Macedonian people, but they are the enemies of the Macedonian people and the Macedonian identity.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

IF.

The Macedonians outside of the republic need to do everything they can to ensure that the Macedonian government does not change the name, rather than focus on something hypothetical which, with all our involvement and pressure, will not transpire. If our organisations in the Diaspora blindly support all government decisions and/or assist in their defeatist policies by making their own suggestions on what is 'acceptable' as a compromise name to the Macedonians, they pose a danger to the Macedonian identity when operating in a (even partially) political capacity.

What do you think the Macedonians in Greek borders should be doing to assist in this regard? What are they (you) doing in this regard?

Comment

• vodenka
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    IF.

The Macedonians outside of the republic need to do everything they can to ensure that the Macedonian government does not change the name, rather than focus on something hypothetical which, with all our involvement and pressure, will not transpire. If our organisations in the Diaspora blindly support all government decisions and/or assist in their defeatist policies by making their own suggestions on what is 'acceptable' as a compromise name to the Macedonians, they pose a danger to the Macedonian identity when operating in a (even partially) political capacity.

What do you think the Macedonians in Greek borders should be doing to assist in this regard? What are they (you) doing in this regard?
                    I personally will continue to self define as Macedonian (plain), even if the Republic of Macedonia changes the name of the state, and I will continue to struggle to be recognized as ethnic Macedonian (plain). Greece will NEVER be able to stop me and other Macedonians in Egejska to claim our name as ethnic Macedonians. We have been here before the Macedonian state was founded and we will be here even if the Republic will be obliged (hope it will never happen) to change its name. Greece is kidding itself if it thinks it will "solve" the problem by changing the name of the Republic of Macedonia.
                    I think the same thing should do all the Macedonians in the Diaspora.

Comment

• Silver
                      • Sep 2009

Poor Prolet, you're like a deer staring in the headlights.

Even Gotse Delchev had enemies with sharp knives all around him waiting to strike. How did the Turk's end up finding him in Banitsa? It was leaked by someone who was trusted to know his whereabouts at the time. He was on his way to a conference where he would have made the case and probably succeeded to stall the revolt because in his view the people were simply not ready for it. Before he could get there however, he was eliminated by the enemy who were determined to start a revolt for which the Macedonians were not prepared to fight in order to destroy their cause! Look at history man!

When you hear people talking about how important it is to join the EU and NATO, ask them at what cost! To me it's really odious to keep hearing how much these western clubs will help Macedonia. In no way should we join any club period, if not as Macedonia and Macedonians, or until the name issue is over and we have won. To get in with another name means we'll have to spend years, even decades or forever trying save our name and identity after we agree to be called something else! Futile! And you can bet your ass this is what our enemies want!

That is why intelligent people are asking questions and raising concerns about UMD. Actions and accomplishments are important, words and slick marketing are bullshit! Instead of actions everything seems to offend them. Why? Before you say give them a chance you should be asking 'when are they holding elections?' When will the Diaspora have a say in what an organization calling itself The United Macedonian Diaspora actually says and does? In the meantime, be aware that we have enemies in our organizations and in our churches listening and watching. Never, blindly trust anyone just because they say Macedonia and Macedonian to your face. Unfortunately Prolet, that is how it is especially because we have no national support and our enemies have much.

No matter what the government of Macedonia is doing we the Macedonian people need to make it perfectly clear we are against changing the name no matter what, come hell or hi water. How else are we going to make a difference and protect our identity? When the people are against something, government has no authority to do what it wants. So why is the UMD so weak in representing the mass opinion of Macedonians? Too many questions, at such an important time in our history, we are being divided.
                      Last edited by Silver; 02-19-2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Silver
                        • Sep 2009

The sole responsible to deal with the name issue is the legally elected government of Macedonia. Macedonian governments in the past signed agreements in UN and EU or whereever and not macedonian NGOs. How can an organization like UMD be accounted as "responsible' for any possible name change of the state of Macedonia, even if it has (I do not know if it is so) expressed a pro-compromise idea on the name issue. The entire opposition in the Macedonian Parliament is pro-compromise and nobody here is worried about it!
                        Says who? Have you been reading the forums or know what you're talking about? Seems only UMD is not worried about it.

Comment

• vodenka
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Silver View Post
                          Says who? Have you been reading the forums or know what you're talking about? Seems only UMD is not worried about it.
                          The politicians in Macedonia are those who have the possibility to change the name of the Republic, not UMD, whatever its opinion may be about it. So, all the discussion in the forum is just for criticism about UMD and its work and not for the name issue and the political responsabilities. If some of you do not agree with what UMD is doing, do not follow or support it. You cannot burden the organization for responsabilities which are not its own.

Comment

• Bratot
                            • Sep 2008

Vodenka,

I would add here the complete Parlament and not only the opposition. Actually the opposition untill 2007 was even more radical in their statements about the name issue than it is a case today with Gruevski.

If you are curious I can show you something from the archive. Anyway.. my point was.. they are all lost cases and I know we can't rely on any political party nor politician.
                            They are all puppets of one master.
                            The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• vodenka
                              • Mar 2009

Bratot, I do not know about politicians in Macedonia and what they are saying to the people as I do not understand the language very well, but as I cannot impose my will to them (I cannot vote as I am not a citizen there), they cannot decide for me how I will self define or change my ethnic name. And of course, no matter what the official name of the state will be at the end of this story, our brothers and sisters in Macedonia who will self define as Macedonias anyway, will be Macedonians (plain) like me and nobody can deprive them of using this term. And the struggle will continue for official recognition from the world community of our nation with our historic name. I really hope that the Macedonian government will not change the name of the country as by it will be easier to be automatically recognized as nation (with a state) no matter where we live.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                                Don't know why that happened, I have made it a sticky again.
                                My apologies. I did it, I thought it was all over and I hate having too many stickies at the top of the forum.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X