Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tchaiku
    • Nov 2016

The Photoshopper did a great job it is hard to see any evidence but really how is that banner standing up?

Comment

• Niko777
      • Oct 2010

One more thing. Whoever removed the sign from the photo AND said this photo was taken in Skopje was lying. Here is a higher resolution photo. The building on the right is the church Sveta Sofiya in Sofia, Bulgaria.

Comment

• Karposh
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
        The first time I saw the photo was with the sign. The other appeared years after on some Macedonian facebook group. The sign fits into the ideology of the Bulgarian occupation at the time. They were trying to make Macedonians think they are liberators who will unite Macedonia. They did the same thing in Lerin. Unification would later be followed by annexation, hence the slogan "One nation, one king, one kingdom". Not sure why this is so hard for people today to understand.

Tell your friends on facebook that by censoring/photoshoping images they are only giving more strength to our enemies and damaging the Macedonian cause, not the other way around.
        One more thing. Whoever removed the sign from the photo AND said this photo was taken in Skopje was lying. Here is a higher resolution photo. The building on the right is the church Sveta Sofiya in Sofia, Bulgaria.

Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for Niko - some context and some informed background information. Case closed on this Bulgarian propaganda piece of crap!!!

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
          • Apr 2014

The other signs look like they are written in Latin though? The one is question is written in Cyrllic.
          I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

ying. Here is a higher resolution photo. The building on the right is the church Sveta Sofiya in Sofia, Bulgaria.

Great work Niko

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
            The other signs look like they are written in Latin though? The one is question is written in Cyrllic.
            And well picked up LOM.

Great investigating lads...... thumbs up to you both.
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Apr 2014

Does anyone else find it weird that the other signs are written in Latin but the one that is debated whether it is or authentic or not is written in Cyrillic?
              I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• vicsinad
                • May 2011

Good work, Niko.

The sign is being held up by a small thin pole, as is the case with the sign in the left of the photo.

It's not uncommon to have signs in different languages and different scripts at protests, rallies and demonstrations.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                  Good work, Niko.

The sign is being held up by a small thin pole, as is the case with the sign in the left of the photo.

It's not uncommon to have signs in different languages and different scripts at protests, rallies and demonstrations.
                  It does seem a little uncommon in 1940s Balkans to be honest.

Comment

• Niko777
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                    It does seem a little uncommon in 1940s Balkans to be honest.

I'm assuming the Latin sign on the right in written in Italian and you can even see apart of the Italian flag during WWII (see below), and the sign on the left is written in German. Bulgaria allied itself with these countries during the war. The soldiers in the photo are probably German and Italian.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Can anyone shed light on this? I believe I can confirm that a standard literary form of Bulgarian was not established until 1899 but can't find any information on these supposed other writing systems that were used in place up until then.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Does it matter? Greek was only finally codified in 1977.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          Does it matter? Greek was only finally codified in 1977.
                          Don't think it's a matter of that.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

You're wondering why they had a few goes at it?
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Apr 2014

Article on the history of the Bulgarian label and how modern Bulgaria has twisted its historical meaning:

Comment

• maco2envy
                                • Jan 2015

Okay back to this picture:

And looking at:

It's pretty obvious that the location of the photo is in Sophia, Bulgaria, or more precisely here:

Is it possible for someone with a background in digital image forensics to do some analysis on:

to see whether the sign is cropped, the above image is the one wikipedia uses.

For example as an amature, I ran an ELA program and got this:

Now given that the banner with united macedonia is a flat surface, we have the fact: "Regardless of the actual color of the surface, all flat surfaces should have about the same coloring under ELA" (Source: Fotoforenics). This is obviously not the case with that sign in question.

Also we need to update this wikipedia articles that make incorrect reference to the image:

Comment

Working...
                                X