I look forward to this film!
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bratot
      • Sep 2008

This was the opening movie at the Macedonian Film Festival in Toronto.

Check the thread I already opened about this fest, you have the other links there.
      The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
        • Jan 2009

Greece threathens to Veto the film because Iceland Macedonia

Канал 5 телевизија како една од водечките телевизиски куќи во Македонија, од 1998 година на малите екрани до гледање онлајн денес, известува за најновите вести од Македонија, регионот и светот.

Канал 5 телевизија како една од водечките телевизиски куќи во Македонија, од 1998 година на малите екрани до гледање онлајн денес, известува за најновите вести од Македонија, регионот и светот.
        The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Any chance we can download the movie somewhere?
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

The Greeks have hit a new low, this only verifies their paranoia, and that we are right, now is the time to contact media, send them a link to the translation asap.
            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

what a ridiculous nation Greece is. Vetoing a country because a few citizens make a movie. When are EU going to realise Greece are morons and abuse there privlages and power to vote. What a joke.

This should be good for Macedonia - EU politicians will soon or later realize what Greece is about.

Also, the more contraversy the more exposure this movie will get. Good free publicity for these makers. All this hype will bring more people to the truth. Thank you you Arab bastards thankyou. Keep shooting your selves in the foot. These film makers will show it and smile all the way to the bank. hehehehe
              Last edited by Bill77; 11-18-2009, 03:57 AM.
              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• makedonin
                • Sep 2008

Sadly enough, EU knows who they deal with. The fact that they tolerate it is somewhat scary for Europeans and it's citizen.

But, with every greek cramp their true face is exposed. That is good.

It is the Ghandi way of doing things. Provoke the beast to come out and show it's ugly face to the world, to drop it's deception veil.
                Last edited by makedonin; 11-18-2009, 04:30 AM.
                To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
                  It is the Ghandi way of doing things. Provoke the beast to come out and show it's ugly face to the world, to drop it's deception veil.
                  I like that Makedonin!
                  Except in this case it is ... provoke the peasant!
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                    • Oct 2009

If you have any ideas how the film can be promoted to a wider audience, despite Greek objections, e-mail Meto Koloski at [email protected]. An interview with the film director will come out in the fall/winter issue of UMD Voice in a couple of weeks.
                    For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                    http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                    Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                    Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                    Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Bratot
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
                      Greece threathens to Veto the film because Iceland Macedonia

http://translate.google.com/translat...ventId%3D55364
                      Greece threatens to veto Iceland's bid for EU membership if they sell,distribute or advertise or let this film be sold, distibuted or advertised by private companies from Iceland. This is a film made by a private citizen from Iceland, now living and working in Norway.The Iceland ......as a country had nothing to do with the making of this film, yet they can be vetoed by the spoiled brat of Europe called Ellada/Greece/Hellas!
                      The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                        • Oct 2009

Do you want to help Macedonia? Then e-mail the following to every single news agency, TV, newspaper, etc...you can find information about.

Greece threatens to veto Iceland's EU membership over documentary on Macedonia

Skopje, November 17 (MIA) - A first presentation of the documentary 'A Name Is A Name' - work of art of Icelandic director Sigurjon Einarsson, which features Macedonians as hostages of their name, has been cancelled due to a pressure of Greek diplomats, TV Channel 5 reported late Tuesday.

Greece will do everything to prevent Iceland's accession to the EU if it allows the movie presentation, diplomats told the Icelandic Ambassador to the US.

The movie presentation should have taken place at the Icelandic Ambassador's residence in Washington. Greek and Macedonian Ambassadors were invited as guests to the presentation.

Einarsson confirmed the incident to Channel 5, quoting the Icelandic Ambassador, who revealed no details on his encounter with the Greek diplomats, except that they had done something to really frighten him and made him cancel the presentation of the movie.

This incident will not prevent the promotion of this documentary across the globe, Einarsson said.

A cross between a documentary and a feature film, 'A Name Is A Name' is instead, a classic 'road film', made largely on the proverbial and literal road over a period of seven months in the Republic of Macedonia. At its heart, the film is about a group of people who call themselves Macedonians and what it means to them to be known as such. Interspersed throughout the conversations is Macedonia itself – the stunning landscapes and scenery that make up this gentle country and ancient land. Places and points of interest – monasteries and mosques, historical and archeological sites, towns, little hamlets and cities, lakes and mountains – that make Macedonia what it has been and what it is today, the documentary home page reads.
                        For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                        http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                        Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                        Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                        Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Dejan
                          • Sep 2008

I just sent it to a few Sydney newspapers
                          You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Well done Dejan.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

i am in contact with Jason Milko the producer. I am imforming him about the Macedonian comunity support. Here is his most recent email he sent me.

"Hi Bill….

Thanks for the thoughts. I’m actually the producer of the film!

Keep telling people about it…and maybe even start a grass-roots movement there to call ABC and request the film to be shown…start talking it up!

Let me know what you think…

Best,

Jason"

We must work hard to expose the situation. what a great opertunity this is. It will be for a great cause not only for the people who Created this film, but also for Macedonians and any future projects that wish to tell the truth. I sugest a gathering infront of the ABC building with demands this subject is brought up and the actual movie aired. This can be just a last resort if by letter, we are ignored. :rmacedonia
                              Last edited by Bill77; 11-18-2009, 06:58 PM.
                              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
                              X