Macedonians noted on a racial and linguistic map of Europe, 1920!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TerraNova
    Banned
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
    Here is a map on the same theme, better but not perfect.

Völker- und Sprachen karte der Balkan-Halbinsel, 1924

This is the map u posted-I checked the borders of United Macedonia as it appears in RoM's schoolbooks...

I m sorry but i fail to see any unification-it's like someone was asked to draw a random line on the Balcan's map!!

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
      This is the map u posted-I checked the borders of United Macedonia as it appears in RoM's schoolbooks...

I m sorry but i fail to see any unification-it's like someone was asked to draw a random line on the Balcan's map!!
      What are you on about, who has said anything about a unification, I certainly not would like to join hands with delusional Prosfiges that are brainwashed to the level that they think that they have a greater right to my ancestral land then what I do, they can keep it.
      What I want on the other hand is more important, I want human rights for my people, they shall be referred to in every instance of Greek society as Macedonians only, my language shall be taught to our children in school, that we can visit our ancestral lands and relatives without any problems from the Greek government, discrimination against my people shall stop, that Macedonian activist shall be able to do their work without being faced with criminal charges...... this is what I want, I want Greek society to respect us as Macedonians and our language as Macedonian only.
      Is this to much to ask for in 2008?

Why are you so afraid that we will take Aegean Macedonia from you?

By the way there is nothing wrong with the Republic of Macedonia's schoolbooks, Macedonia has been a territory known to mankind for at least 2000 years.

Could you show me a Greek school book depicting Ancient "Greece", I can bet you a dime that Macedonia is included in it and that it pretty much matches up with a map of Greece today.... am I wrong?

Could you give us the source of the schoolbook you took your reference map from please.
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Svoliani
        Banned
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
        I think I have made myself clear, just go back and read my posts.

I sense that you are a Pontian, that is why you know Russian, Pontians were in mother Russia, your connection to the Kastoria-Kozani region is your Vlachoi connection, that is what your Yaya Despina were when she was wandering the pindus with her kozi..... am I wrong here Mr EdNahou?

Of course you are wrong, yet again .
        On the map that Terra Nova enlarged for you if you look south of Kastoria you see a nice patch of RED , so this is was you do , next you go the legend and check what RED means.. lets see it says Griechen, i assume thats GREEK. And thats my Great YAYA had a name like Despina and not Bogdana or Slobodanka or Lyubka .
        And for your info The Pindus are not in Macedonia you durak.

Comment

• Svoliani
          Banned
          • Sep 2008

Terra Nova if its possible please put a black line across todays modern border so we can see exactly how the Green Shade compares with the Red Shade .

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Hmmm, plenty of Vlachs that do not appear to be showing.
            Perhaps you are using Grecian 2000 instead of Grecian 1912?
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TerraNova
              Banned
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              Hmmm, plenty of Vlachs that do not appear to be showing.
              Perhaps you are using Grecian 2000 instead of Grecian 1912?
              Vlachs are clearly depicted.

Moreover the author of this map makes a distinction:
              One color (with the spots in it) marks the kutzoVlachs "stark grazisiert" =strongly hellinized Vlachs (thats in Vermion mt/Veroia ,Pindus etc)
              and another for the "Kutzovlachs" (Aromunen,Zinzaren)=Aromanians ,Cincars.

All the sources of the pre-1912 time give a number from 40.000-70.000 Vlachs for the three Vilayets (Selanik,Manastir,Uskub/Kossova)
              Most of them are close to 60.000.

Considering the great Vlachic populations of Monastir/Bitola ,Krushevo ,Stip... you can easily come to the conclusion that in the Greek part of Macedonia there were not more than 40.000 souls-a rather small minority.

On the other hand ,although few,Vlachs were settled in various places and their presence there was far more from being unnoticed -Many of them were rich merchants and most of them opposed strongly to Bulgarianism and later to Macedonism.
              It's logical to hate them too

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

They are depicted but not shown where the Macedonians knew where they were.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TerraNova
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2008

ALL those who published ethnological maps of the region between 1800-1920 agree more or less with this distribution of the Vlachs-

F.Bianconi –FR- 1877
                  Edward Stanford –BR – 1877
                  Ami Boue – FR -1840
                  Guillaume Lejean –FR – 1861
                  Augustus Heinrich Rudolf –GER – 1841
                  J.Hahn –GER- 1858,1863
                  Gopcevic-SER-1889
                  Synvet-FRA-1878
                  Augustus Heinrich Petermann -GER-1869
                  Heinrich Kiepert -GER- 1876
                  Pavel Josef Safarik-SLO-1842
                  J.Erben -CZ- 1868
                  Ivanoff-BUL-1912
                  Stefan I.Verkovic -CZ- 1860
                  Nikolaides-GRE-1918
                  Viktor I.Grigorovic -RUS- 1848
                  Vinkenty Makushev -RUS- 1867
                  M.F.Mikrovitch -RUS- 1867
                  Karl Sax -AUS- 1878
                  Josef Muller –AUS- 1844

Dr.Risto on the other hand says that all Greeks are Vlachs...hm..ok,i m sorry but i wont believe "what you know" (how scientific!).

It;s like i m telling that whole RoM is Vlachic cause of Monastiri/Krushevo Vlachs!

But you didnt really answer me...where ever these "ethnic borders of United Macedonia" (Vardar-Pirin-Egej) really ethnic borders ????
                  ALL ethnic maps back to 1840 tell us NO.
                  Even the few(2-3) who separate Macedonians/or Macedonian Slavs as a distinct group.

Comment

• Svoliani
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2008

We all know where they were . Ill name some Vlach villages for you in Western Macedonia.

Samarina, Perivoli, Dotsiko (Grevena)
                    Ieropigi , Kristallopigi (Kastoria)
                    Vronteron, Pisoderi, Kleissoura, Nymfaion (Florina) you should know these guys really well
                    Vlasti , Namata (Kozani)

Thats pretty much it for Western Macedonia. If you know of some others feel free to add.
                    As Terra Nova stated, a small population.

Comment

• Commander Bond
                      • Nov 2008

This little gem from Websters Dictionary sums up the relationship of the Macedonian and it's related languages perfectly. A great source.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

The validity in these maps rests not with accuracy in terms of numbers and distribution, but with the fact that Macedonians are clearly distinguished from other people that live in the vicinity. In the first map, the Croatians aren't even cited, perhaps some of the Romaiophile Serbs can adopt the same logic as their deluded boyfriends and use this as a pretext to deny the existence of the Croats? Serbs in Trst and Zagreb?

And we have this terra cotta guy here drawing outlines of Macedonian territory, why don't you draw one of modern Greek territory and see how well it corresponds to your 97% ethnic Greeks in Greece garbage? Better still, why don't you draw the outline of modern Greek territory and then the population compositions at the time each region was absorbed (illegally or otherwise) within the state? Hhmmm, I can already see a rainbow, be sure to use different colours for each

As Terra Nova stated, a small population.
                        Who, the Vlachs? No, not small, just assilimated to a larger degree. As Brailsford stated, most so-called "Greeks" in Macedonia were Vlachs.

Reducing this to an irrelevant knit-picking excercise doesn't diminish the fact that the MACEDONIANS ARE CLEARLY CITED AND DISTINGUISHED in these maps.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Thorvald
                          • Jan 2009

Its a great map, but like all linquistic maps online far from perfect.

The German and Dutch areas are not quite accurate, likewise with the Estonian region.

Nonetheless, good find
                          https://germanictribes.proboards.com/
                          European preservation

Comment

Working...
                          X