X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The LION will ROAR
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
    I ve been living all my life in Greece.Most of it in Macedonia.

"Macedonia is Greece/Greek" does not refer to RoM,but to the Greek part and the cultural heritage.

If you find this offensive,a Greek could find offensive that there is the sign "Republika Makedonija" at your side of the orders.

I don't find any of them.

We ve been through this again.
    Slavic/Macedonian speaking ppl in Greece are really few,mostly elders.
    Among theme there are really fewer who declare ethnic Macedonians. (Let me remind you the 2000 votes (out of 2.500.000 popul. of the region) which Rainbow-the ethnic Macedonian party gets)
    And even i doubt they are a majority in more than a handful of villages.

I m not aware they had an application for separate schools or classes in Macedonian language.

But even if there was such a demand...first there should be separate schools and classes for Romanian children 9they are much more ,as immigrants) or Bulgarian,or Egyptian immigrants...and Pakistanis...or Armenians...or everyone who counts some 1000 souls in the country!

thats impossible i guess-although i would support such an attempt.

As for "forced to speak Greek"...we re not in 30's not even in '70s and the dictatorship.
    We re in 2009.Everyday in the streets of Thessaloniki i can hear foreign languages....nobody is forced !
    Don't live in the past.

I live there Lionthatroars...
    Plz come to see it in your own eyes.
    I don't have a better way to persuade you.

Lion,this is a forum where many nationalists write.
    Nationalists (no matter their ethnicity-Greek,Macedonian,Albanian,Indonesian) have a tendency to promote fake ,distorted or biased evidence to support their view.
    It's not a surprise.

TN
    Those old people who speak Macedonains.?
    Where are their children?
    Many still in Greece speaking and working in Greece..
    Many are Grekomani now..

About offensive having ROM signs in our country..?
    Why wasn't that a problem when we were called Macedonian when still under Yugoslavia?
    Is it maybe now 1 part of Macedonia has become a replubic?
    What is Greece and Bulgaria afraid of?
    A united Macedonia?
    The truth? about Macedonia and the Macedonians?

You mention who are more then 1000 souls to have their own schools?
    Yet you say their is 2000 Macedonians?
    Come on TN do you actually believe their isn't more??
    Yes we don't live in the 30's or 70's but in the 21st Century..Yet greeks still live in the pass on when it comes to Ethnic Macedonians..
    Yes..30's and 70's Greece was very much part of Fascism.. those were bad days for Ethnic Macedonians..well Greece should now admit their crimes and heel the wounds????

About visting Greece? i said I'd never again but maybe like to visit PELLA one day..Birth place of Alexander the Macedonian KING..

I have many many Friends that visited Lerin (Flornia) and told many stories on what they experience and what they saw...
    Too much to explain..
    One example... a mate went into a shop herd them speak Macedonia..but when he walked in they only spoke Greek and the look on their faces when they weren't sure if he'd herd them speak another Language... SAD isn't it...scared to admit of their own identity??

I myself when crossing the border..Austrailian born Australian Passort... Greeks couldn't do anything to me..new i was Macedonian but... when the greek border officer stamp my passport then he threw it at me..
    What was that? you tell me?
    I tell you if i saw him on the street..he wouldn't be standing...

Tell me TN? those Greeks that are living in the Agean part? have you question yourself if they could be from Turkey from the migration exchange?

One more question TN... Why has Greece now not claiming 98% pure Hellenic.. untill very recently? or do they still think that?
    If they have changed their views because hiding it is too hard..
    Maybe question your government on other question? they haven't told you?

Pozdrav
    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

Working...
    X