• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • I of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Cleopatra and the Macedonians of Egypt

Alexander The Great - Discovery Civilisation excerpt
    Alexander The Great - Discovery Civilisation excerpt - YouTube

Alexander The Great Trailer (Old Movie - I enjoyed it better than the newone)

Storm over Persia(1of5) (no interpretation needed)

Storm over Persia (2of5)

Storm over Persia (3of5)

Storm over Persia (4of5)

Storm over Persia (5of5)

Death On The Nile (Cleopatra)

4 min 45 (critical part)

A papyrus illustrates a man calling himself a “Macedonian” and is signed by Cleopatra herself. Thus Macedonians held key political and administrative positions in Egypt.
    No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Need your help

Hi Guys,
    I am not into this kind of thing very much.
    But my wife and I have been invited to a fancy dress thing.
    I am quite sure it will end up in a drunken sexual orgy, but I feel compelled to dress as a fine Macedonian (namely Alexander the Great) and am encouraging my beautiful wife to dress as Cleopatra.

Can you give me any examples of appropriate attire for Alexander the Great.

Here is a link that underwhelms me a little:
    Check out Costumes.com's huge selection of costumes, decor, and collectibles for adults, kids, and pets! Get ready for your next party or event with Costumes.com!

Or should I just go as a sexy schoolgirl instead?
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Spartan
      • Sep 2008

Heres some pics for you Risto, hope they help

Last edited by Spartan; 10-13-2008, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Hey thanks Spartan.
        Risto the Great

Comment

• Venom
          • Sep 2008

Hey Risto remember to wax your legs before donning that attire.
          S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

You could also where a blond wig.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Cleopatra 'of African descent'

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

The legendarily beautiful Egyptian queen Cleopatra was part African, says a documentary team who believe they have found the tomb of her sister.

It was traditionally thought that Mark Anthony's lover was of Greek descent.

But remains of the queen's sister Princess Arsinoe, found in Ephesus, Turkey. indicate that her mother had an "African" skeleton.

Experts have described the results - revealed in a BBC documentary - as "a real sensation."

The discovery was made by Dr Hilke Thuer of the Austrian Academy of Sciences. He said: "It is unique in the life of an archaeologist to find the tomb and the skeleton of a member of Ptolemaic dynasty.

"That Arsinoe had an African mother is a real sensation which leads to a new insight on Cleopatra's family and the relationship of the sisters Cleopatra and Arsinoe."

Documentary presenter and archaeologist Neil Oliver said: "Cleopatra, Julius Caesar, Mark Antony - they are all iconic figures from history.

"It's almost impossible to remember they were real people and not the semi-mythical figures portrayed by Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor."

He continued: "It was like a splash of cold water in the face to be confronted by them as human beings.

"When I stood in the lab and handled the bones of Cleopatra's blood sister - knowing that in her lifetime she touched Cleopatra and perhaps Julius Caesar and Mark Antony as well- I felt the hairs go up on the back of my neck.

"Suddenly these giant figures from history were flesh and blood."

There was plenty of sibling rivalry Princess Arsinoe and her powerful sister Cleopatra - many believe the queen ordered her Roman partner Mark Anthony to murder her.
              Yeah ... Greek is the first error.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Plutarch (Life of Anthony) on the linguistic ability and origin of the Egyptian rulers of Macedonian descent.
                She spake unto few barbarous people by interpreter, but made them answer her self, or at the least the most part of them: as the Ethiopians, the Arabians, the Troglodytes, the Hebrews, the Syrians, the Medes, and the Parthians, and to many others also, whose languages she had learned. Whereas divers of her progenitors, the kings of Egypt, could scarce learn the Egyptian tongue only, and many of them forgot to speak the Macedonian.
                In the above quote, it says that many of her progenitors hardly bothered to learn Egyptian and completely ceased to speak Macedonian, which leaves Greek, as the language of education and official use.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Kuragio
                  • Feb 2009

If there was an Ancient Macedonian language, some academics in Skopje say that it is the mother tongue of today's Macedonian, of all Slavic languages and the root of Greek. There should be a site where academics from Skopje, or at least from concerned Macedonians who can promote that idea.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

I agree Kuragio.
                    The rest of the world does not want to know this, so it is up to the Macedonians to prove it.
                    Welcome btw!
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Thorvald
                      • Jan 2009

Dont convinced
                      https://germanictribes.proboards.com/
                      European preservation

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
                        • Sep 2008

Cleopatra's mother 'was African'

Cleopatra's mother 'was African'

Cleopatra, the last Egyptian Pharaoh, renowned for her beauty, was part African, says a BBC team which believes it has found her sister's tomb.

Queen Cleopatra was a descendant of Ptolemy, the Macedonian general who ruled Egypt after Alexander the Great.

But remains of the queen's sister Princess Arsinoe, found in Ephesus, Turkey, indicate that her mother had an "African" skeleton.

Experts have described the results as "a real sensation."

The discovery was made by Hilke Thuer of the Austrian Academy of Sciences.

"It is unique in the life of an archaeologist to find the tomb and the skeleton of a member of Ptolemaic dynasty," she said.

"That Arsinoe had an African mother is a real sensation which leads to a new insight on Cleopatra's family and the relationship of the sisters Cleopatra and Arsinoe."

They lived at a turbulent time when the Roman empire was extending its power across the Mediterranean.

Cleopatra established alliances with the Roman leader Julius Caesar and, after his assassination, with his political supporter, General Mark Antony, to whom she was married.

"Cleopatra, Julius Caesar, Mark Antony - they are all iconic figures from history," said archaeologist Neil Oliver who presents the BBC documentary.

"It's almost impossible to remember they were real people and not the semi-mythical figures portrayed by Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor. It was like a splash of cold water in the face to be confronted by them as human beings, " he continued.

"When I stood in the lab and handled the bones of Cleopatra's blood sister - knowing that in her lifetime she touched Cleopatra and perhaps Julius Caesar and Mark Antony as well - I felt the hairs go up on the back of my neck."

"Suddenly these giant figures from history were flesh and blood," said archaeologist Neil Oliver.

There was plenty of sibling rivalry between Princess Arsinoe and her powerful sister Cleopatra - many believe the queen ordered Mark Anthony to murder her sister.

The film examines the life of Cleopatra - who had an affair with Julius Caesar - including her murderous intentions towards Arsinoe.
                        BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                        1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
                        2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• osiris
                          • Sep 2008

isnt it cleopatras sister they are discussing and its not unconceivable that the macedonian phaorahs took local aristocratic women as wifes some of who may very well been of african decent.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Let it be said, I would have taken Halle Berry as a token gesture of world peace.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• osiris
                              • Sep 2008

halle berry or her sister black berry mate or maybe both at once world peace is that important.

Comment

Working...
                              X