X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

That is interesting TM.
    Do we have any more information on the Chronicle of the Morea?
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

RTG this is brief info on the Chronicle of the Morea that I found;

The Chronicle of Morea, one of the most important and controversial historical narratives written in the late Middle Ages, tells the story of the formation and government by the Villehardouin dynasty of a remarkably successful Crusader State following the conquest by western invaders of the capital - Constantinople - and the provinces of the Byzantine Empire. By examining all the Chronicle's surviving Greek, French, Spanish and Italian versions, this study, the first of its kind, explores in depth the literary and ideological contexts in which the work was composed, transmitted and re-written. The result is a fascinating analysis of cultural exchange in a rich and vibrant eastern Mediterranean world where different ethnicities were obliged to live alongside each other, and outside political interests frequently intruded in dramatic fashion. Translations into English have been provided of all the material discussed.
      What interests me more is Kantakuzenos and Pachymeres (two Byzantine historians) material differentiating Macedonians as a seperate ethnic group.
      Last edited by TrueMacedonian; 09-04-2010, 08:39 PM.
      Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
          • Nov 2009

Has anyone got pictures of Macedonian knights or army from the middle ages thanks.
          Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Makedonetz
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
            Has anyone got pictures of Macedonian knights or army from the middle ages thanks.
            Found these

Early Phalanx introduced.

Some Medieval sites in Macedonia i found
            Megalithic Observatory. Kokino

Megalithic Observatory Kokino spreads on both platforms each of them possessing own typical contents. Observatory length is around 90 metres and its width is around 50 metres.
            Thrones are the most impressive and can be immediately seen on the site. As we have already mentioned, the thrones are oriented in north-south direction, so the person sitting on the throne is oriented towards the east and east horizon.
            This provided the base for the archaeologists’ assumptions that from this place people observed the rise of celestial objects on the horizon.he Megalithic Observatory Kokino is located some thirty kilometers on the northeast of Kumanovo. This site has a diameter of 100 meters; it is scaled on two levels, underneath of the mountain peak Tatikev Kamen, at an altitude of 1013 m. At the moment of its discovery in 2001, it was believed to be a special mountain sanctuary from the Bronze Age.
            Last edited by Makedonetz; 09-13-2010, 08:58 AM.
            Makedoncite se borat
            za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
            - Goce Delchev

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

page 5

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

great find TM more proof of macedonian existence.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                  • Jan 2009

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                    • Jan 2009

page 16

Comment

• bilbil
                      • Mar 2011

- On either side of its slopes dwell many very wealthy tribes, the Dacians and the Thracians on the northern side, and on the southern, more Thracians and the Macedonians.

- The other, the left wing, was led by Catacalon Tarchaniotes, and was composed of fully-armed Macedonians and Thracians

- Another man, a Macedonian, Peter by name, but nicknamed Tornicius, fell among the enemy and slew a number

- Antiochus the Macedonians, (1080)

Ана Комнена, 12-ти век, дело "Alexiad"

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by bilbil View Post
                        - On either side of its slopes dwell many very wealthy tribes, the Dacians and the Thracians on the northern side, and on the southern, more Thracians and the Macedonians.

- The other, the left wing, was led by Catacalon Tarchaniotes, and was composed of fully-armed Macedonians and Thracians

- Another man, a Macedonian, Peter by name, but nicknamed Tornicius, fell among the enemy and slew a number

- Antiochus the Macedonians, (1080)

Ана Комнена, 12-ти век, дело "Alexiad"
                        http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/basis...Alexiad00.html
                        bilbil
                        Great first post!
                        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• bilbil
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                          bilbil
                          Great first post!
                          Romanus had a conglomerate force of Macedonians, Bulgarians, Cappadocians, Uzes, Franks, and some poor levies from Phrygia.
                          http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/basis...-chrono07.html Michael Psellus chronographia

Most of the Macedonians, being a folk who delight in arrogance and insolent bearing more accustomed to the buffoonery of townsmen than the simplicity of the camp,

Comment

• Nomad
                            Banned
                            • May 2012

Due to my difficulty in english, i'm losing myself here : the "macedonian" dynasty, was "macedonian" because it was etablished in the macedonian theme of the byzantium empire, or because the members of the family were "macedonians" (like alexander the great)? The same for all the "macedonians" cited here. Maybe my question looks stupid but i am lost in this thread ...

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                              • Jan 2009

I'm sure Nomad knows enough "Eeenglis" as the malakas down south say in their slithering lizard like accents to understand this topic and the pages below:

page 93

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Apparently "Dobra" means goat herder in some ancient Greek dialect.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X