X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buktop
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
    Don't take that tone with me young man. Macedonia was given to the albanians because the United States of America and the EU gave it to them, not you or me. Orders were given and had to be followed. I do blame Trajkovski and the gov but not the people, everyone went to fight in 2001, but you can not send soldiers to fight but not giving them the right to attack or defend themselves. The West caused it and our gov betrayed us in every way, but whatever you do, stay away from judging the people.
    I didn't vote because I was in the UK. My parents wanted to vote but the voting room in the gimnazija was shut. You go and explain to me why?
    I will not allow anyone here to bash at the Macedonian people, especially if you don't live in Macedonia. Leve them the hell alone, if you not gonna help them stop blaiming them for everything. Afterall if they all moved away like we did Macedonia would be long gone.
    Buktop the Serbs fought for kosovo, did they get to keep it?
    This has nothing to do with anything that you just said, it is about the referendum that would have reversed the restructuring of districts in favor of Albanians. 75% of Macedonians not voting is unacceptable. And according to Indigen's belief's those who didn't vote actually endorse the giving of land to Albanians and are traitors. I am not actually of the opinion that we should hang everyone, I was having a go at Indigen with those comments.

So they shut the gimnazija? Well why didn't anyone in Kriva Palanka go to to the mayors office to complain? Why not go to the next town over and go to their voting station? I mean whats a few kilometers when your sovereignty is at stake?

I have every right to bash those who didn't vote and those who discouraged them from voting, I am a citizen of Macedonia, don't presume to tell me what I can and cannot do.
    "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
    though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
    Our long awaited hour will draw near
    and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Buktop
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by aleksandrov View Post
      If that's your view, why do you think the UMD leadership in the US feels a need to constantly stress that the USA is Macedonia's "best friend"?
      In terms of support for EU/NATO, and Military cooperation, ties with the USA do hold some benefits. I would not advocate an all out alliance or subservience to US foreign policy, but certain aspects are beneficial.

Comment

• amitreski
        • Feb 2010

This is just another attempt to discredit UMD. UMD has in no way supported the UCK, and other gibberish said in this thread.
        "No, it is not the critic who counts. Not the one who points out how a strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and may come up short, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails daring greatly." - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

• amitreski
          • Feb 2010

Tom

I do not recognize the person that was part of UMD for several years. UMD not only is against that acronym but we have tried to avoid it as much as we can.
          Last edited by amitreski; 03-30-2010, 07:43 AM.
          "No, it is not the critic who counts. Not the one who points out how a strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and may come up short, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails daring greatly." - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

• Buktop
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            I don't agree with that. Have you asked the average Macedonian citizen if they gave a shit about the USA recognising them in 2004? I was in Macedonia when it happened Buktop, I saw what went on. I saw Macedonians fooled into thinking that everything would improve in Macedonia so long as we had the recognition of the USA. Nishto ne se vide.
            I was there too, the people of Struga sure as hell didn't give a shit about US recognition.

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon
            Stupid to whom? The people that stood to lose their jobs? Come on, you're not that ignorant to be unaware of that sort of thing happening in the past, where the political party in power quite often determined if you would have a job the following week. Again, I saw that happening too. I saw hardcore Macedonians keep their mouth's firmly shut because they didn't want to lose their jobs and means of support for their families. That is blackmail, that is an absolute disgrace.
            Do you really think that SDS would be able to take away the jobs of everyone in the country? If so, SDS would lose all power in the government and outright chaos would ensue, SDS wouldn't have lasted in government 6 hours if they actually decided to go through with that sort of policy. Once again, this is proof of a collective subservience of the citizens in Macedonia.

It had nothing to do with party allegiance and you know it. It was all scare-mongering, to give Macedonians the impression that there would be imminent disasters awaiting should the Macedonians vote in favour of their sovereignty. This is what happens when SDS are in power, they brainwash people with fear and lies. Couple this with USA recognition and threats of ethnic Albanian terrorism. It worked.
            The Macedonians in the West of the country obviously didn't care about scaremongering, they were more concerned with whether terrorists would be allowed to take over their homes. Compared to that, the rest of the country had nothing to fear. We need to stop making excuses for the citizens in Macedonia.

The earlier opinion polls showed that the Macedonian people were heavily in favour of the referendum against Macedonia's territorial division, then the above things start happening. Don't blame the people on account of the traitors in their (SDS in this and most cases) leadership.
            If your leaders started to tell you to forget about the sovereignty of your country or we are going to take your job, would you listen? It is not possible for a government to take away the jobs of over 50% of the country, and those who believed this lie obviously care very little for the plight of the Macedonians in the West of the country, who ACTUALLY lost their jobs and their dignity at the hands of the Albanians and those who chose indifference.

Comment

• amitreski
              • Feb 2010

What i am upset with it your total biased ani-UMD sentiment here.

Case in point, in this thread http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...t=2423&page=12 the topic is human rights luncheon. And instead of people talking about the Human Rights event and saluting the effort, you people went right down to bashing umd, constitutionalism, etc.

I really think that there is almost no point to discuss issues here. You guys are determined to bash UMD no matter what the topic is. The administrators should ask themselves if "едноумие" is the right mentality to have on a forum.
              Last edited by amitreski; 02-08-2010, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Buktop
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by amitreski View Post
                This is just another attempt to discredit UMD. UMD has in no way supported the UCK, and other gibberish said in this thread.
                Well it seems they need someone to blame, since they won't blame the actual people responsible.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

The Macedonian Community of Adelaide and South Australia cannot be trusted to do an appropriate job. The appropriate time was 2 months ago and they failed. MP_MK, if you feel you are somehow driving this process, then to suggest:
                  Originally posted by MP_MK
                  I was not responsible for that media piece transpiring.
                  Then it all sounds a little cloak and dagger without much of a cloak.

This has been about point scoring so far. It would be nice to win the game and everyone knows the AMHRC is the favourite AND the most capable for this process.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bratot
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by amitreski View Post
                    Tom

I do not recognize the person that was part of UMD for several years. UMD not only is against that acronym but we have tried to avoid it as much as we can.

In that recgard Denis was reflecting on what he thought was the reason why THE GOVERNMENT accept that acronym.

Go bark at the government for that shameful act not to UMD

Since UMD is not (under) the government what kind of obligation do you have in using the acronym?

We haven't seen UMD to renounce publicly or in the statute from the government decission.

I find your answer a bit immature.
                    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Serdarot
                      • Feb 2010

the explanations (so far) by UMD representatives, specialy the "bark" part, are un-serious, even flaming and offensive.

bratko, using such terms are not what the Macedonian Diaspora needs...

if you don´t have the capacity to do your job, let someone else doing it, simply as that

btw, i do NOT bark, i byte, and if needed, i kick ass...
                      Last edited by Serdarot; 02-08-2010, 08:07 PM.
                      Bratot:
                      Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                        If you watched the Adelaide video, Meto expressly states, it was his own personal opinion to be in favor of the Democratic prefix at the time, not the policy of UMD.
                        A colleague who went to the dinner with Meto after the Adelaide UMD event was told what Meto's personal opinion was and that it was precisely the opposite of what you state above. Namely, if it was up to him, the name would not be changed for anyone.

So this inconsistency is becoming more than a nuisance. Buktop, what do you have to say now? Please tell me I should ask him directly.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Indeed, the appropriate time was two months ago. This still looks like an concerted effort to give UMD the limelight.

I will provide some updates and video footage of Meto's performance in Canberra last night shortly. Though, it was interesting to note that the Ambassador and the Consolate from WA were sitting at the head table providing "moral support" for Meto - or maybe they just hoped that we would be intimidated by their presence?. It was also interesting to note that they were much more uncomfortable with the questions posed over UMD's support for name changes and negotiations, defence of the FYROM terminology and the Framework Agreement than poor Meto.
                          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Amitreski, as I have explained countless times in the past, not until relatively recently have I taken this approach with the UMD.

If you guys had some consistency and integrity (non-compromising on our identity) in your articles, statements, interviews, etc, I would still be supporting you in these issues. However, you don't have consistency, you have made questionable statements that I do not support, and you have indicated certain policies that, as a Macedonian, I cannot align with.

Niether the administrators or a handful of individuals are dictating to others the way things are with the UMD, your records speak for themselves, rest assured. You have become a tool (willingly) of whichever Macedonian government is in office, when your aim should be to represent the sentiments of the Diaspora.

99.99% of us do not want to be called 'democratic' Macedonians, not in the UN, EU or anywhere else, but you guys persist with it, in Adelaide Meto persisted with it. You are not representing the Macedonian Diaspora with such actions, so don't blame the people or administrators of this forum for your own failure to deliver what you initially promised - Representation of the Macedonian Diaspora.

Perhaps you guys lack "едноумие" and therefore lack consistency, or, perhaps, you guys aren't confident enough in your own ideology which sees you scrambling for answers everytime you are questioned on it.
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                              Indeed, the appropriate time was two months ago. This still looks like an concerted effort to give UMD the limelight.
                              No, I can't accept this. It is more the inaction and stupidity of my little community than anything that sinister!

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                              It was also interesting to note that they were much more uncomfortable with the questions posed over UMD's support for name changes and negotiations, defence of the FYROM terminology and the Framework Agreement than poor Meto.
                              Which tells me that the Diaspora must keep all of them honest. And an organisation representing the Diaspora must be transparent and single minded in its goals.

I look forward to any further information about the Ambassador/Consolate/UMD interaction.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

How did we go Amitreski? Did the MPO prove themselves to be the Bulgar loving waste of timers that we knew they were? Have you read the "publication" yet?
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X