Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

It may well be a sinister method of denying knowledge to Macedonians. But it may also be Macedonians thinking they're in the EU already and can charge accordingly. Either way, it's pathetic.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• tchaiku
      • Nov 2016

45 euros for a book ... hmph!

Can you buy a Gamecube console with 45 euros?

Comment

• VMRO
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
        I still don't understand why they would withhold these books from the public. This isn't Communist Yugoslavia where the only source of information comes from government publications. Haven't they heard of the internet?
        If I were the authors I would make the books available online for free seeing that no one will buy them now.
        The issue i believe is that the authors signed an agreement with the published (In this case being The Macedonian Archives) years ago. The books in question are "The special edition of Makedonski Dejci".

They have also put a price hike on the books relating to UDBA documents.

It all occurred when the Macedonian Archives director position was given to Kiril Petrov close to SDS.

New Director of the Archives Kiril Petrov

Ever since SDS instilled their own man (there were reports DUI wanted their own person as a director) that there was even some pro Albanian books released such as the popis/defter of Zajas Ahmeti's village written by Muzafer Bislimi.

Another book released this year by the same author was Secret service docs of the army of the Kingdom of SHS - Jugoslavija for the Kosovo committee 1924 - 1941. Why the fuck would the Macedonian archives promote a book about Kosovo let alone publish it?

Mind you.... they're cheaper too, wouldn't want to deter people buying pro Albanian books in Macedonia.

Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• VMRO
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          It may well be a sinister method of denying knowledge to Macedonians. But it may also be Macedonians thinking they're in the EU already and can charge accordingly. Either way, it's pathetic.
          They only charged this to Violeta Achkovska's book and other new pro Macedonian books.

The new pro Albanian books and less sensitive books are priced accordingly.

Comment

• Gocka
            • Dec 2012

If you look at this from the narrative of Prespa agreement, then you would have to assume its intentional. If you have made promises to Greece to disown your ancient history, and agreements with Bulgaria to abandon your revolutionary history, then this would a good way for those ideas and knowledge to slowly die off. Look at how the ventilator slowly become the "Macedonian" flag. The usage of our real flag is all but dead in Macedonia, all in the span of only 25 years. So in 25 years Alexander the Great and Goce Delcev will be Greek and Bulgarian without question and no one will remember sneaky little moves like this one that helped make it so.

Comment

• VMRO
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
              If you look at this from the narrative of Prespa agreement, then you would have to assume its intentional. If you have made promises to Greece to disown your ancient history, and agreements with Bulgaria to abandon your revolutionary history, then this would a good way for those ideas and knowledge to slowly die off. Look at how the ventilator slowly become the "Macedonian" flag. The usage of our real flag is all but dead in Macedonia, all in the span of only 25 years. So in 25 years Alexander the Great and Goce Delcev will be Greek and Bulgarian without question and no one will remember sneaky little moves like this one that helped make it so.
              Actually, the annual Ilinden trek that i saw recently had Macedonian sun flags which i was impressed to be honest.

Another side note, there was an ilinden dance recently that i went to in Melbourne on Saturday. The whole reception was decked out in Macedonian sun flags and heaps of young patriotic guys attended.

I'll post a separate post with pics of the event.

Comment

• Gocka
                • Dec 2012

Oh the Diaspora is completely different. Its the same here in the USA, the original flag is used almost exclusively. Our two churches and monastery in NJ don't have a ventilator anywhere on the premises.

The Republic though is a whole different story, especially with the youth sadly.

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
                Actually, the annual Ilinden trek that i saw recently had Macedonian sun flags which i was impressed to be honest.

Another side note, there was an ilinden dance recently that i went to in Melbourne on Saturday. The whole reception was decked out in Macedonian sun flags and heaps of young patriotic guys attended.

I'll post a separate post with pics of the event.

Comment

• VMRO
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                  Oh the Diaspora is completely different. Its the same here in the USA, the original flag is used almost exclusively. Our two churches and monastery in NJ don't have a ventilator anywhere on the premises.

The Republic though is a whole different story, especially with the youth sadly.
                  You'd be surprised that there still are patriots over there too who know truly what the ventilator represents.

With social media (Even though it does more damage than good) we can actually educate the new generation.

Check out this video, disregard the one ventilator though haha

Comment

• VMRO
                    • Sep 2008

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• sydney
                      • Sep 2008

Doesn’t this question the integrity of the archives? I’m ignorant on how archives are typically administered, but I imagine the mismanagement (including destruction) of assets within the Macedonian archives to be a common thing.

Comment

• VMRO
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by sydney View Post
                        Doesn’t this question the integrity of the archives? I’m ignorant on how archives are typically administered, but I imagine the mismanagement (including destruction) of assets within the Macedonian archives to be a common thing.
                        I wouldn't put it past any of them

Comment

Working...
                        X