• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redsun
    • Jul 2013

Yunani "this demonstrated an important point to my post"

What exactly?

Yunani "The words/names that foreigners have for us Hellenes are in fact testaments of history and of our continued existence through out time."

"testaments of history?"

What are you trying to say?

Since when was Thailand japan Vietnamese given world recognition? When did they start calling you by these names?

How long have they traded with greece?

I don't understand why you posted this?
    What are you trying to say?

Vietnamese Chaw krik? Does that upset you? I know of 2 Vietnamese men they know me as a Macedonian and they say Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

I didn't delete it. I couldn't care less what other people call you. But I will delete you shortly. Mostly because you are offensive. Your attempt at dialogue is insincere and it is obvious.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Stojacanec
        • Dec 2009

Wow that's deep Yanin

I can use google translate too.

The word "Macedonians" in other languages:

German - Mazedonier
        Italian - Macedoni
        Danish - Makedonere
        Zulu - kwabadeMakedoniya
        Estonian - Makedoonlased

I think if anything the above shows that you, SS and the wider greek population are irrelevent with irrelevant arguments and are a waste of time.
        Last edited by Stojacanec; 03-31-2014, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• Stojacanec
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Sweet Sixteen View Post
          Pardon? I think you're confusing Greece with another country.
          This is not the clip I was looking for but it gives you some idea that the Albanians were significant enough in the 1930s and 40s for the greek regime to worry about them.

You have come a long way in such a short time for 99% of you to become ethnically pure greeks.

Ethnic Epirot Albanians and the Greek assimilation methods against them!!- Pressure GREEK REGIME to recognize ETHNIC ALBANIAN POPULATION OF ABOUT MORE THAN 3...

Comment

• Sweet Sixteen
            Banned
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
            This is not the clip I was looking for but it gives you some idea that the Albanians were significant enough in the 1930s and 40s for the greek regime to worry about them.

You have come a long way in such a short time for 99% of you to become ethnically pure greeks.
            It seems these people are Chams (Muslim Albanians) that were deported from Greece after WWII. You can read more about them (including school policy) here. It's very long and analytical, yet full of information if you're interested.

Comment

• Yunanistan
              Banned
              • Mar 2014

Let's see if I can answer this outrage that was generated by my use of the term "Makedonija", which at first glanced it would be equivalent to me being pissed at your use of the term "Hellas" spelled as you see it rather than the usual "Hell Ass".
              Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              He can't help himself. A hateful person. Typically racist. I'm not interested in him continuing.
              RTG finds what I post "Typically racist" for using the term for your country in it's native pronunciation, I'll explain why I do so later, but first I would like your opinion on George S comment below.
              Originally posted by George S. View Post
              ...I caould call you a fucking shiptar because you are so close & cosy....
              Regardless of the arguments at hand, being called, or in this case, being told that you could be called a ""Fucking Shiptar" with no consequence seems to be hypocritical in light of why I'm being called a racists.

So now let's get to why I used the term "Republika Makedonija" in my post to discuss the political developments in Makedonija, but I'll need some background so you'll understand the reasoning.
              I was asked by one of your members to be consistent in the use of names for the region and people of that region. Being an Ellinas it becomes problematic due to Hellenic history and our view of ourselves. You've seen this quote before:
              The Orlov Revolt (1770) was a precursor to the Greek War of Independence (1821), which saw a Greek uprising in the Peloponnese at the instigation of Count Orlov
              Hellenic revolts started back in 1770, though failed, it shows that Hellenic resentment of Ottoman rule was always there. So it is safe to say that Hellenes were only waiting for the right opportunity to make their move against the Ottomans.
              The economic ascent of Thessaloniki and of the other urban centres of Macedonia coincided with the cultural and political renaissance of the Greeks
              Nevertheless, the revolt spread from Central to Western Macedonia, from Olympus to Pieria and Vermion. In the autumn of 1821, Nikolaos Kasomoulis was sent to southern Greece as the "representative of South-East Macedonia", and met Demetrius Ypsilantis.
              The above clearly shows that Hellenes of of "Makedonia" were in fact just as engaged in the struggle against the Ottomans as were their southern bothers. In meeting their southern fellow Hellenes/Ellines they would self identify as "Makedoni" plural, speaking of someone else "Makedonos", speaking of oneself "Makedonas". In speaking with a non-Hellene these Makedoni would self identify as Hellenes/Ellines.

The above would hold true of other 4.5 Millions Ellines in the different regions of the Balkans with their identification with their local when dealing with other Hellene

In 1880, Pulevski published Slavjano-naseljenski makedonska slognica rečovska, a work that is today known as the first attempt at a grammar of Macedonian. In it, Pulevski systematically contrasted his language, which he called našinski or slavjano-makedonski with both Serbian and Bulgarian.[6] All records of this book were lost during the first half of 20th century and only discovered again in the 1950s in Sofia. Owing to the writer's lack of formal training as a grammarian and dialectologist, it is today considered of limited descriptive value; however, it has been characterised as "seminal in its signaling of ethnic and linguistic consciousness but not sufficiently elaborated to serve as a codification",[7] In 1892, Pulevski completed the first Slavjanomakedonska opšta istorija, a large manuscript with over 1700 pages. In his last work: “Jazitshnica, soderzsayushtaja starobolgarski ezik, uredena em izpravlena da se uchat bolgarski i makedonski sinove i kerki”
              This above quote speaks on the initial spark of the Makedonci identity in a documented form, where the first attempt was made to codify the Makedonski language.

So in my effort to be more consistent in my description of the various peoples and regions in the Balkans I have adopted the following method:
              • Macedonia(English) will mean Makedonija, Pirin and Makedonia
              • Makedonija is the Republic of Makedonija
              • Makedonci and Makedonski are the people and language of the Makedonskiot Nation
              • Makedonia is the northern prefectures of Hellas
              • Makedoni, Makedonas, Makedonos are the Hellenes of Makedonia

This method I think respects the members of this forum and explains my use of the term "Republika Makedonija" in another post where I was wanting to discuss the evident evolving structure of the of the Makedonskiot society.
              Last edited by Yunanistan; 03-31-2014, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

non-Hellene these Makedoni would self identify as Hellenes/Ellines.

What drivel who said the hellenes and Macedonians are one of the same.Up to alexander the great after heconquered Greece the use of the word hellene was hardly used.Even later when people tried to bring it up became less relevant as the meaning hellenes no longer really existed after alexander.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

I have picked up why you are using makedonija its a form of denigation.Its like we are makedonija and not Macedonia.We can have makedonija which is the serb part but not the northern part of Macedonia.In other ways you are lessening our grip on Macedonia because of our usese of makedonija.Hence whats left is Macedonia & that's greek.THIs is bs of the highest order.I have written threads before on this grade one morons don't get it.The northern part that Greece holds is called THE province of Macedonia Its not a country.THe makedonija we hold or Macedonia in English is a country called Macedonia.This is a COUNTRY .It deserves to get its parts back PIRIN & Aegean Macedonia.Think about the derved bit & if you know your history you never set foot before.You know the atrocities you committed.You think that you can split up makedonija/Macedonia.You have no right to do it.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                    • Nov 2009

I posted this three times and he would not answer. Pathetic!

Yuni Yuni Yuni. This is the mistake many Greeks such as yourselves make, you call us Slavs as a way to distinguish us from your fantasy Macedonians you made up with your Christian Turkish population you acquired after the great exchange.

You are forgetting if we have "Slav" blood so do you. The Peloponnese was full of them and you still have names for villages that are Slavic sounding.

What part of Grcija do you come from?
                    Do you believe that the Greeks are pure with an unbroken line to the Ancient city states?
                    How do you feel about your Greek priests working together with your beloved Ottoman Turks in cutting the heads off of Macedonian revolutionaries. Not very Orthodox I must say.
                    Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

Working...
                    X