How do Macedonians across the Macedonian Region perceive the other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

yuni we in the diaspora see things like they are & we understand what really is going on.We know of the secret meetings & what they are trying to achieve.Some people in Macedonia would rather be in nato or the eu& they would do anything to enter it.Why bearing in mind the greeks have allways vetoed Macedonia.How about the untold damage of the 90's blockade.greece is not a worthy eu member or a worthy neighbour.These sorts of things are very important as take away recognition & you have no respect & nothing.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
      • Nov 2009

Can you answer this
      Yuni Yuni Yuni. This is the mistake many Greeks such as yourselves make, you call us Slavs as a way to distinguish us from your fantasy Macedonians you made up with your Christian Turkish population you acquired after the great exchange.

You are forgetting if we have "Slav" blood so do you. The Peloponnese was full of them and you still have names for villages that are Slavic sounding.

What part of Grcija do you come from?
      Do you believe that the Greeks are pure with an unbroken line to the Ancient city states?
      How do you feel about your Greek priests working together with your beloved Ottoman Turks in cutting the heads off of Macedonian revolutionaries. Not very Orthodox I must say.
      Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        No, you are assuming too much. I am saying some Greeks did convert to Islam in Ottoman times. In fact, I contend that those that did convert did it solely for economic benefits. Macedonians have declared as "Bulgarians" for perceived and real economic benefits associated with EU participation.

You're right. It is completely different. If we go back 100 years, most of the north of Greece was speaking a different language. If we do the same for Macedonians, most of them were speaking the same language. A completely different scenario. We agree.

A pity you didn't think the discussion had merit though. I'm still not convinced you're after real dialogue here.
        The FTCOGian never replied. He was using the Bulgarian citizenship issue to attack the identity of Macedonians. Yet could not look in his own glass house to see what has happened in Greece.

He would not comment on the soccer games in Greece where the team and supporters from the north are chanted at and called "Bulgarians". All wonderful examples of the dichotomy that is Greece.

He is gone now. The topic headings did not match up with his agenda. Some of the issues are worthy of discussion and have been discussed before. I apologise to the Macedonian forum participants for allowing him to taint this forum for as long as he did.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

good riddance I knew that yuni had an agenda behind it all.Some of these morons have been on different accounts before.Just coming for the free ride.Thanks RTG well said.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

The FTCOGian never replied. He was using the Bulgarian citizenship issue to attack the identity of Macedonians. Yet could not look in his own glass house to see what has happened in Greece.

He would not comment on the soccer games in Greece where the team and supporters from the north are chanted at and called "Bulgarians". All wonderful examples of the dichotomy that is Greece.

He is gone now. The topic headings did not match up with his agenda. Some of the issues are worthy of discussion and have been discussed before. I apologise to the Macedonian forum participants for allowing him to taint this forum for as long as he did.
            It's a futile exercise Risto, I'm sure our little plate smashing friend will be back under a different name, perhaps "huynery", "berdznebi", "gariig-fara" or some other nonsense derived from Google Translate to prove some other even more futile 'point'.
            Afterall, changing identity for the modern "girishahito" is like changing soiled underwear...

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
              • Jul 2012

Is that referring to that Greek team Paok being called Bulgarians? I have heard this before and am still wondering why it is the case.

Do you know the reasoning behind it Risto?
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Pavle Pijanica
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                Is that referring to that Greek team Paok being called Bulgarians? I have heard this before and am still wondering why it is the case.

It can't be PAOK momce, it's Aris and Iraklis who they still continue to call Voulgaros. PAOK are actually a team originated from the prosfigi when they first arrived in the early 1920's!!

Aris and Iraklis were supported by our people further north originally. PAOK was a massive no no to support.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                  • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Pavle Pijanica View Post
                  It can't be PAOK momce, it's Aris and Iraklis who they still continue to call Voulgaros. PAOK are actually a team originated from the prosfigi when they first arrived in the early 1920's!!

Aris and Iraklis were supported by our people further north originally. PAOK was a massive no no to support.
                  OK I see. So Macedonians originally supported these two clubs ( Aris and Iraklis).

So is that the reason they refer to them as 'Bulgarians', alluding to them actually being Macedonians and not Greeks (Grkomani) ?
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Sweet Sixteen
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2014

I can tell you that. “Bulgarians” is used as an insult for the supporters of PAOK (mostly) and the other teams of North Greece. The people of PAOK are also called Turks or Gypsies.

I think the Bulgarian slander appeared after 1974, peaked in the 80s-90s and has faded now.

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                    The reasoning is not very deep. It suggests they are not pure Greeks, they’re mixed with Bulgarians. The communists (for instance) were also called Bulgarians or EAMo-Bulgarians.

Originally posted by Pavle Pijanica View Post
                    You’re wrong. The “Bulgarians” swear mostly goes for PAOK as it is the most powerful team. PAOK has the biggest number of supporters and allegedly covers the lower classes. Ares and Heracles (when originally started) referred comparingly to upper class and the center of the city. That’s what I have heard about the social connotation of the teams back in the 50s.

Who are “your people further north”? The villagers of Florina district? I’ve no idea who they support, they would most probably support PAOK, as the other teams have deteriorated in the last decades (both will be in the 2nd League next year).

The supporters of AEK (another team from Constantinople) are called Turks, hanoumisses and hanoumakia (if you know what that means). For the other teams there are insults and nick-names without geo-political interest.

==

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Sweet Sixteen View Post
                      I can tell you that. “Bulgarians” is used as an insult for the supporters of PAOK (mostly) and the other teams of North Greece. The people of PAOK are also called Turks or Gypsies.

I think the Bulgarian slander appeared after 1974, peaked in the 80s-90s and has faded now.

The reasoning is not very deep. It suggests they are not pure Greeks, they’re mixed with Bulgarians. The communists (for instance) were also called Bulgarians or EAMo-Bulgarians.
                      Exactly right. It doesn't need to be very deep. It is entirely consistent with the themes that were trying to be developed by Yunanistan. Namely divisions within an ethnic grouping. The difference here is that the divisions in Greece are actually far more real than the ones fabricated by Yunanistan. The reality is that 100 years ago, northern Greece was a very different cultural region. It hasn't been forgotten by many southern Greeks.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                        • Jul 2012

[QUOTE=Who are “your people further north”? The villagers of Florina district? I’ve no idea who they support, they would most probably support PAOK

I doubt that, considering that PAOK are extremely anti-Macedonian. Didnt you see what happened at Shalke vs PAOK when the Shalke fans had a Macedonian flag? The police attacked the Shalke fans because the Greek fans got angry and wanted to make a conflict.

There was also the time their fans came to Macedonia for a women`s game I believe, and held up a "Macedonia is Greek" banner.

It would be pretty awkward for a Macedonian to be among Greeks supporting a club like that, knowing that they are hated by all the supporters of that club.

Comment

Working...
                        X