• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Momce Makedonce
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by George S. View Post
    THere should have been worldwide protests right around organised
    It was a perfect opportunity for that to take place. It should be a goal for the future for Macedonian organisations. There should be communication between organisations in various countries such as Australia, Canada, America and Macedonia to stage protests at the same time. Definitely should have been done on this day...
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
      • Sep 2008

I had my own "minidemonstration" in Sweden by wearing my kutleš-t-shirt all thru that day... and I am not even Macedonian

Comment

• julie
        • May 2009

your a champion Slovenec
        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• kompir
          • Jan 2015

My apologies for the thread mine, I thought it was a good idea to post here than start a new thread.

I've been thinking out loud over the course of today and have been pondering a few things regarding the "Букурешки договор" and the aftermath of its expiration in August 2013.

To begin with, I haven't been able to find a complete, unadulterated version of the treaty. Searching the various libraries I have access to has yielded the sum total of zero nor have my trawlings in cyberspace been fruitful. Does anyone have links and/or other resources with the treaty details? I have found this, but am not sure it is an accurate nor complete translation of the original French document:

With the treaty now having been expired for 18 months or so, who thinks that the Greeks, Bulgarians and Albanians will hand back their portions of Macedonia, resulting in the reformation of a complete Macedonia? Or will reformation only come about from yet another Balkan war?
          Last edited by kompir; 03-17-2015, 02:15 AM.
          Доста бе Вегето една, во секоја манџа се мешаш

Comment

• sydney
            • Sep 2008

There will be no reformation, nor will there be a widespread balkan war. You seem to think the unification of Macedonia is a possibility?

Comment

• kompir
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by sydney View Post
              There will be no reformation, nor will there be a widespread balkan war. You seem to think the unification of Macedonia is a possibility?
              A widespread Balkan war is far more likely than reunification of Macedonia, peaceful or otherwise. Should reunification happen, Greece will cease to exist within a short amount of time as Egejska Makedonija feeds the entire nation of Greece.

Dedo had this to say about the treaty of Bucharest:

"Kako na slepi mu go dadoja Egejot na grcite"

Comment

• Amphipolis
                Banned
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by kompir View Post
                I've been thinking out loud over the course of today and have been pondering a few things regarding the "Букурешки договор" and the aftermath of its expiration in August 2013.
                The 100-years-expiration of Bucharest Treaty was a false rumor spread by Risto Stefov as a creative political joke that could cause some awakening. I hope you didn’t take it seriously.

I have lost track but I think the Bucharest Treaty is not even valid right now and has been replaced-reaffirmed or re-adjusted by later (post WW2) Treaties.

Comment

• kompir
                  • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                  The 100-years-expiration of Bucharest Treaty was a false rumor spread by Risto Stefov as a creative political joke that could cause some awakening. I hope you didn’t take it seriously.

I have lost track but I think the Bucharest Treaty is not even valid right now and has been replaced-reaffirmed or re-adjusted by later (post WW2) Treaties.
                  Interesting, we were taught as kids (by parents and at school) about the treaty and its expiration.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by kompir View Post
                    Interesting, we were taught as kids (by parents and at school) about the treaty and its expiration.
                    LOL, where was this school?

This is the 2005 book by Risto Stefov, in which he clarifies he's not talking seriously "Recovering Macedonia : expiration of the Bucharest Treaty of 1913"

This is more serious by some Professor Dr. Vanche Stojchev "The Treaty of Bucharest is Permanent and Has No Expiry Date". Weirdly enough this is translated by Stefov!!

===
                    Last edited by Amphipolis; 03-18-2015, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• kompir
                      • Jan 2015

Well I am near enough to hitting the big four zero, so that would put the timeframe that I first learned of the treaty as being the late 1980's. I wasn't aware of the PDF you linked above from Risto Stefov.
                      Being born and raised in Australia, it certainly wasn't as part of the regular curriculum. All throughout my school years, we had a dedicated Macedonian class, once or twice a week at a minimum (teachers with foresight and an understanding that most of the children were of Macedonian extraction led to said classes). In sixth grade, we were taught Macedonian history in said classes by a rather well educated teacher who had more than a slight patriotic leaning.
                      Last edited by kompir; 03-18-2015, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X