• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The LION will ROAR
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by miticmk View Post
    tnx i love them ...
    Zdravo Miticmk, I'm guessing this is you and your Sharplaninec...?
    If you have any information or like to add about Sharplaninec and the breeds in Macedonia or your experience with them, we would be delighted if you can post it here..
    Pozdrav
    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Makedonetz
      • Apr 2010

Yes please do Miticmk im looking into possibly getting one of these breeds any news or info would be great about the breed and what to look for etc.

Dobar Den

Boris
      Makedoncite se borat
      za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
      - Goce Delchev

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

MZIf you ask around there must be breeders etc that know where to get them & how to get them.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
          • Nov 2009

Here are some Pictures I promised from Donnybrooke St. Prohor Puchinski, Melbourne
          this is Shara Otrec Gavrils dog Ithink she is 4yrs old

Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
            • Jan 2009

Very interesting listening to the guy talk about the Sharplaninec breed in Macedonia

The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
              • Nov 2009

Another pic of Shara

Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

I really want one of these beautiful souls. Can someone give me the details of someone in Australia, preferably Vic, where I can get one please
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by julie View Post
                  I really want one of these beautiful souls. Can someone give me the details of someone in Australia, preferably Vic, where I can get one please
                  Hey Julie,

My mate bought Sharko from a Borce he is from the Macedon Region of Melbourne or just before the entrance to Melbourne his number is 0405 556 948, I don’t know if he has any litters now, he usually advertises in the Australian Macedonian news paper when he has litters. Give him a call he might be able to help you..

Here is another link from Melbourne..Serbian breeders
                  Southern Star Sharplaninec

Comment

• julie
                    • May 2009

Thank you LWR
                    awesome, when get back from Macedonia will contact him and see when next litter is due
                    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

LwR the website is great.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TRAVOLTA
                        • Nov 2009

The family of mastiff breeds are commonly referred to as Molossers, and are named after those dogs that were originally found in the Balkan region. It is widely believed that the Sarplaninac (pronounced Shar-Pla-Nee-Natz), pictured above (also known as the ‘Macedonian Shepherd dog of Sharplanina’) is a breed of antiquity, believed by many to be one of the oldest true Molosser dogs in the world. The breed takes its name from the Sharplanina mountain range from where it originated. Directly descended from the original ‘Molossian’ sheep dogs of ancient Epirus, some scholars believe the Sarplaninac (or it’s direct ancestors) to be the palace dog of Alexander the Great. Alexander was only a boy of 11 when he got his dog Peritas as a puppy. When Peritas died on a pass to India, Alexander named a city after him. His tomb and a statue of the dog were placed at its gate

Today the livestock guardian breeds of Bulgaria, Albania, Serbia, Greece, Rumania and other Balkan countries are a result of the geographic and selective breeding practices followed by the native peoples of the area. Nevertheless, they all have the same ancestral roots in the original Alaunt and Epirian Moloss stock, once called Molossian dogs by the ancients. Indeed the Sarplaninac Mountain range is but a couple of hundred kilometres from the original Molossi kingdom of Epirus now located on the edge of the Balkan Peninsula in North-West Greece.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

My neighbour is from the ukraine & he really wan't's to get one of these sharplaninac.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                            • Nov 2009

New pics of Shara's pups from St. Prohor Puchinski, these are Otec Gavrils.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                              • Nov 2009

YouTube - ‪Sharplaninci from Monastery St. Prohor Puchinski‬‏

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

The ones we got in macedonia are placid when the owner is around but when theowner is not there it will rip you to shreds.
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X