X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraganOfStip
    • Aug 2011

Medical marijuana: yea or nay?

Latest study of popular opinion in Macedonia regarding this issue is that around 70% of Macedonians support legalizing marijuana for medical purposes.

Though some countries in the world have taken this step earlier,this is rather new in the 19th century mindset of the Balkans.
    Have any of the countries you live in legalized it so far and if they have what are the results?

Cannabis has been used medicinally for millennia, but has not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to treat any medical condition. Cannabinoids are the components in cannabis; some are commercially available to treat symptoms. Get detailed information in this clinician summary.

With medical marijuana legal in nearly half of the states, more doctors are wondering what impact this drug really has on people. Here are 10 ailments people commonly use medical marijuana to treat as ideas for research.
    ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
    ― George Orwell
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Its just an excuse to use the drug supposedly it relieves the pain.Its not a cure.Its understandable that people on death throw need it for pain management.But there are those that want it liberalised.If it is used for medical purposes it should be tightly controlled No willi nilli handing it out to anyone.The marhiana weed is grown everywhere in maedonia some people don't even know what it is.I saw it grown near the train tracks in Bitola and the farm animals were chewing on it,
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DraganOfStip
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by George S. View Post
      Its just an excuse to use the drug supposedly it relieves the pain.Its not a cure.Its understandable that people on death throw need it for pain management.But there are those that want it liberalised.If it is used for medical purposes it should be tightly controlled No willi nilli handing it out to anyone.The marhiana weed is grown everywhere in maedonia some people don't even know what it is.I saw it grown near the train tracks in Bitola and the farm animals were chewing on it,
      By medical marijuana I don't just mean marijuana cigarettes for pain relief,I'm also talking about marijuana oil and extracts that are used in cancer treatment,Alzheimers,PTSD,glaucoma etc.Are these marijuana products really effective with patients?
      And the marijuana you saw down the tracks is not planted marijuana (for junkies),that marijuana can be found almost everywhere in Macedonia,they call it "wild hemp" because it hasn't been planted intentionally by humans and it's significantly less powerful than the ones junkies use to get high.
      Last edited by DraganOfStip; 09-16-2015, 07:03 AM.
      ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
      ― George Orwell

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

What I was trying to say its all to liberalise the use of marhiuanna to decriminalise it,Its true there are some ligit uses but you know whart the real game is.They are talking of only using certain bits.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Mils
          • Mar 2013

Medical marijuana certainly has a place as an alternative treatment for cancer and an array of other deadly diseases. Recently, it has been discovered that it has been used to successfully treat serious cases of autism.
          Many people discard the potential of alternative medicine. It is obvious that mainstream medicine has failed in many aspects of health care and the cure of disease. It has been taken over by Big Pharma ( a term one needs to look into to understand the evil and greed of corporate medicine). They will stop at nothing to ensure they maintain their dominance in the treatment of disease so they can continue making their trillions in profit at the expensive of millions of lives.
          Nothing stirs up more fear than cancer. Mainstream medicine has not progressed much in defeating this disease. In most cases there is only a 3% success rate in the use of chemotherapy. Up to 75% of oncologists would refuse chemo and radiation if they were diagnosed with cancer. That itself must certainly say something.
          In regard to medical marijuana, I wouldn't rely on it as the only weapon against cancer but would include it in my arsenal. There is not just ONE 'pill", "vitamin" or "herb" that cures cancer. It takes a multifaceted holistic approach that involves the following:
          1.Detoxification
          2.Diet
          3.Supplementation - vitamins and herbs
          4.Exercise
          5.Stress relief - mediation, tai chi, yoga, counselling
          6.Spiritual, communal and family support
          7.Advanced targeted alternative therapies including intravenous therapies, hyperthermia, Gerson, Budwig, enzymes, ozone and oxygen therapies,etc.
          8.Live a completely clean lifestyle.

A weak immune system opens the doors to cancer developing. You need to restore and strengthen the immune system to have any chance at defeating the disease. Therefore, the above and such things as medical marijuana can help achieve this.
          Many argue that many have died using alternative methods, and that is true but failure is usually due to two things:
          1. A refusal to change your lifestyle and eating habits. It takes a lot of discipline, time and effort. Not everyone is prepared make these changes.
          2. Alternative therapies are expensive. They are usually not subsidized by the government and ones funds usually dry out very quickly.

Cancer affects nearly 1 out every 2 people today. Everyone has a choice. You are free to go the conventional route or you can educate yourself about alternative medicine and see what it has to offer. It is crucial that we all educate ourselves about how to heal our bodies. Don't completely trust that person just because he has the letters MD after his/her name. Find medical doctors who also use holistic treatments and there are quite a few. Look up people Like Max Gerson, Hulda Clark, Budwig, Nicholas Gonzales, etc. - dedicated people who have helped millions of people. If you're interested, a good place to start is the website www.cancertutor.com

Macedonia as well as the rest of the Balkans is currently being eyed by the clutches of Big Pharma seeing them as new markets to sell useless and often dangerous drugs. Pills that are often marked up from 1000 to 500,000 percent. Its crazy but true. Macedonia has a rich history of using traditional herbs for treating many ailments. Use Macedonian and international scientists to see how effective they are and incorporate them into modern treatments. Send our doctors to China to learn traditional Chinese medicine,as well as other Asian countries to learn traditional oriental medicine. Japan still uses medicinal mushrooms in their hospitals alongside conventional treatments to heal cancer. Alternative and conventional medicine can work hand in hand.

Holistic and alternative clinics could be set up in Macedonia under strict government control that offer alternative treatments for cancer and other diseases. Thousands would come in the form of medical tourism and help Macedonia's economy as well.

So, yes, medical marijuana should be made legal as it would help the millions who are suffering.

Comment

• 777Bitola
            • Sep 2009

I dont see why not. The weed in Macedonia is extremely weak compared to American weed which is becoming so strong it can trigger mental health effects. In colorado where weed is legal the economy and prisons are doing much better, they can test you when you drive too so if youve been smoking they will know. If certain regulations are made then I think it'd be a benefit for those that unfortunately have cancer.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
              • Aug 2011

Update:
              Minister of health Nikola Todorov stated today that a law for medical use of marijuana will soon be presented to the parliament.
              Macedonia then follows the steps of many countries worldwide that have legalized the use of marijuana in medical purposes.
              The new law should become effective as of February 2016.

Подготвен е предлог-закон за за изменување и дополнување на Законот за контрола на опојни дроги и психотропни супстанции
              Last edited by DraganOfStip; 12-16-2015, 11:29 AM.
              ― George Orwell

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

Hey dragan in australia it has been approved.ONly on medical grounds.
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Good news.
                  Someone I know is using it to numb the pain from his cancer treatment. It has helped with pain AND has also given him an appetite. Both being very useful.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• King Niko
                    • Sep 2015

I think Marijuana should be legal, imo

I think Alcohol and Tobacco should be illegal.. much worse then Marijuana.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

KN expla In whyyouwant both tobacco anf alcohol illegal?
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• King Niko
                        • Sep 2015

KN expla In whyyouwant both tobacco anf alcohol illegal?
                        For me, My dad was a bad alcoholic, and when I was younger a lot of negative stuff I do not want to delve into with family problems, I am sure you can figure it out... all of it came from Alcohol, so I feel it is much more destructive.

With Tobacco, causes many bad diseases from what I have seen,

But Marijuana, has side effects, but relax's people, and actually can seen as beneficial.

That is just my outlook on this, not saying I am right or wrong.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

it could get rid of the criminal element if they legalize it.
                          Last edited by George S.; 12-19-2015, 04:16 PM.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• King Niko
                            • Sep 2015

it could get rid of the criminal element if they legalize it.
                            Also that, I agree.

Comment

• Benito
                              • May 2015

Good idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X