Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

The guy studies in Sofia, I think we all know very well what can happen when Macedonians receive Bulgarian educations.
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Pelagonija View Post
      I have to agree with the little fella regarding Bulgaria and simularities. On my trips to Bulgaria, I felt like I was in a more advanced version of Macedonia. The people at all levels were so warm and friendly, even more so when we told them that we are Macedonian.. we even had one older customs lady tell us to make sure we keep our identity and language after she saw our passports and we spoke Macedonian.

The language, religion, culture, and a heck of a lot of streets named after Macedonian heroes as far as Varna.. we even ate at the Makedonska kujka in the middle of Sofia.

These people have nothing but love for us, it can't be a bad thing. That's just my opinion from personal experience. Most Bulgarians probably have Macedonian blood anyway, how many Macedonians have migrated to Bulgaria in the last 150 years?

They have love for us because they believe we are their fellow Bulgarians, they refuse to acknowledge that we are Macedonian.
      I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Aleks22
        Banned
        • May 2017

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        Aleks22.
        You are just having a laugh. We all like a laugh.

I note you could not answer my very simple question about Bulgaria and Romania other than to say they are twice as good as Macedonia now. I dispute that and the onus is on you to prove it.

I could say more, but it isn't really worth it.
        I am laughing too. I am laughing that a diaspora who visits Macedonia for 2 weeks a year thinks he knows what is good for this country better than me, when he doesn't even know this country. You have so many posts about Macedonia, yet you have run away and refuse to come back and help us grow. Assimilate into your Australian culture , leave us alone.

I actually did say why there are better. I will repeat. Their wages are higher. Their unemployment is lower. Their infrastructure is better - look at their highways, and then look at ours. Look at the state of the art brand new metro in Sofia built completely with EU funds - while we waste our money on statues that fall apart in 2 years.

Not to mention that the EU has pushed Bulgaria and Romania to pass judicial reforms to aid in the battle of corruption. This is what we need, yet we are so far from it.

And just so you understand, I am not putting my country down. I love my country. But I also understand that we are being left in the dust, and I don't want to see that anymore. Blindly praising our country maintains the status quo. Criticizing it is how you bring about change. And despite what I have said, I am not criticizing it NEARLY enough.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Aleks22 View Post
          Which lie would that be? That I am born in Strumica and live in Skopje......My school year is finished and I am visiting family in Canada for the next month and a half, but will return to Skopje shortly. That is my home. I am a patriot, which is why I live in my home country......
          Earlier you said that you've lived in Canada but now study university in Sofia. Now you're saying that you're currently in Canada but that you live in Skopje. You're full of shit.
          That the mentality in Macedonia in no way, shape or form coincides with the mentality on this forum? Because these are all true.
          That too is a load of shit. You can't possibly speak on behalf of all of Macedonia's citizens or compare them to all of the opinions on this forum.
          The first part of your second paragraph is 100% false, my attitude absolutely matches the attitude of most Macedonians in Skopje.
          What, that Macedonians are fine with being considered Bulgars? That is a blatant lie and you know it, you disgruntled little Bulgar.
          I made an account here to talk about our future, which will hopefully be in the EU, but I couldn't help but comment to all this diaspora who think they know what is better for my country than someone who lives there. I realize now that was a mistake.
          Your country my arse. You're not Macedonian. You're a Bulgarian moron pretending to be Macedonian. Not the first here.
          Yes, they see me as a Bulgarian, and I don't mind whatsoever.
          No self-respecting Macedonian would ever say that.
          As for who we descended from, that is literally irrelevant. Ultimately we all have a common ancestor.
          How can you be so sure that we have a common ancestor if it's irrelevant? Who is that common ancestor? Answer the question. You opened this door, now walk through out or be thrown out.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelagonija
            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
            They have love for us because they believe we are their fellow Bulgarians, they refuse to acknowledge that we are Macedonian.
            That would be a valid point though we don't even recognise ourselves.

VMRO vs SDSM
            Egajci vs Vardar
            Seljaci vs Gradski
            Diaspora vs Locals
            Serbophiles vs Bulgarophiles
            Patrioti vs non patrioti

I have even had people in Macedonia tell me to my face that I am not Macedonian..

All cool bro..

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Aleks22, we all have different opinions about Macedonia.
              You are above nationalism and as a consequence are free in a sense. More power to you for this.

I note Kosovo has a similar GDP to Bulgaria.

Perhaps a Greater Albania including Macedonia will give you a new highway or two. Are you up for that? I think it would be quite a powerhouse in the region. What do you think? Nationalities are over-rated. This idea has legs. Let me know your thoughts.

Maybe even a federation of nations called Yugogaria?

So many choices.

Why just the EU? Who wants a huge loan from them?

I hope I have freed your mind. Who needs Bulgaria when you could be a richer Albanian tomorrow.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

I am laughing too. I am laughing that a diaspora who visits Macedonia for 2 weeks a year thinks he knows what is good for this country better than me, when he doesn't even know this country. You have so many posts about Macedonia, yet you have run away and refuse to come back and help us grow. Assimilate into your Australian culture , leave us alone.
                I will admit I kick arse in my local culture but I don't forget where I come from. It appears you have forgotten. Don't let it worry you though. Plenty of people will tell you what you are from now on.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pelagonija View Post
                  I have to agree with the little fella regarding Bulgaria and simularities. On my trips to Bulgaria, I felt like I was in a more advanced version of Macedonia. The people at all levels were so warm and friendly, even more so when we told them that we are Macedonian.. we even had one older customs lady tell us to make sure we keep our identity and language after she saw our passports and we spoke Macedonian.
                  Half of Bulgaria were Macedonians who fled the terror in Egej and Yugoslavia last century. The older woman probably knew what her people used to be.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pelagonija
                    These people have nothing but love for us, it can't be a bad thing. That's just my opinion from personal experience.
                    Nothing but love? I will put that down to your own personal experience. As for the language and culture, of course we share similarities, much of it due to the thousands of Macedonians who migrated to Bulgaria during the Ottoman era, not to mention the Macedonian population in Pirin. And of course our languages share certain features not found in other 'Slavic' languages.
                    ........we even had one older customs lady tell us to make sure we keep our identity and language after she saw our passports and we spoke Macedonian.
                    When I went to visit Pirin a few years ago there were a group of Bulgars on the bus who wouldn't stop harping on about how all the people of Macedonia, Serbia and even Russia (!) were originally Bulgars. One older fellow in particular. Putting aside individual interactions on a social level, that personal experience is closer to the norm than yours when the topic turns towards history and identity.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post

I note Kosovo has a similar GDP to Bulgaria.
                      Certainly not. Kosovo to Bulgaria in GDP is 1:7,8.

Comment

• Aleks22
                        Banned
                        • May 2017

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                        How can you be so sure that we have a common ancestor if it's irrelevant? Who is that common ancestor? Answer the question. You opened this door, now walk through out or be thrown out.
                        I will ignore the rest of your post as you are acting like a typical diaspora five year old. I am more Macedonian than you will ever be. Don't ever respond to me with bullshit when you live 10,000 KM away, it's cringe worthy. I have every ability to remain here in Canada, but I choose to live in my homeland. And what about you?

As for this question, all of mankind has a common ancestor. Knowing this, we should be friendly to those closest to us, especially if they love us and have a lot to offer us.

Comment

• Aleks22
                          Banned
                          • May 2017

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                          Certainly not. Kosovo to Bulgaria in GDP is 1:7.8.
                          Don't take his post seriously. He is upset I am telling him the truth about a country he is deluded enough to think he is from, even though he spends 2 weeks there every couple of years.

It is not shameful to admit Bulgaria and Romania are much better than us at the moment when it is fact. It sucks, but it is fact. We must strive to be like them, and that can only happen once we join the EU.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                            Certainly not. Kosovo to Bulgaria in GDP is 1:7,8.
                            That's right, I was actually looking at Serbia. But who cares, we can become anyone just to get ahead (or give head).
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

I will ignore the rest of your post as you are acting like a typical diaspora five year old. I am more Macedonian than you will ever be. Don't ever respond to me with bullshit when you live 10,000 KM away, it's cringe worthy. I have every ability to remain here in Canada, but I choose to live in my homeland. And what about you?
                              You're a liar. That's been proven. You're also an idiot pretending to be Macedonian, that much is obvious. And you're trying to present a certain moronic image to readers like it's that of the typical Macedonian. That's what is cringe worthy.
                              As for this question, all of mankind has a common ancestor.
                              What a stupidly evasive response. That was your last shot. Good riddance.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Don't take his post seriously. He is upset I am telling him the truth about a country he is deluded enough to think he is from, even though he spends 2 weeks there every couple of years.

It is not shameful to admit Bulgaria and Romania are much better than us at the moment when it is fact. It sucks, but it is fact. We must strive to be like them, and that can only happen once we join the EU.
                                2 weeks is optimistic.
                                If I want to shit in a hole, I go to my neighbour's backyard. It's closer.

You are responding to a Greek whose country's arse is at the whim of the EU. It is a case of Stockholm syndrome Greek style.

Ajde, time is up.
                                Bye Bulgar
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X