Which religion do you think will be most beneficial to Macedonia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Helvetia
    Banned
    • Sep 2011

Which religion do you think will be most beneficial to Macedonia?

Orthodoxy is traditional to Macedonia and I am Orthodox myself, obviously. However, I want to discuss the advantages of being a majorly protestant or catholic country.

I think Western countries like Germany or Sweden will be more obligated to back us if we were a majorly-Protestant country. On the other hand, if we were a majorly-Catholic country then the Vatican, France and Spain would basically back us all the way.

I don't see many advantages of being an Orthodox country nowadays. Russia isn't very interested in heavily investing in the Balkans. Greece is our primary enemy and they're responsible for creating Orthodox Christianity and spreading it in the Balkans and Eastern Europe.

I am a strong Orthodox believer but I am getting more and more disillusioned by it since it doesn't give us many advantages. It's basically religion of the Greeks and why should we follow Greece's canonical laws? I think there are many political advantages if we choose to become a Protestant country. It'd make us more untouchable than we are today since Western countries will have a vested interest in protecting the only Protestant country in the Balkans.

What think you?
  • julie
    • May 2009

coming from 7 generations of Macedonian Orthodox priests I am not going to change my religion for Macedonian entry into bullshit EU
    WHere are you going with this!
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Helvetia
      Banned
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by julie View Post
      coming from 7 generations of Macedonian Orthodox priests I am not going to change my religion for Macedonian entry into bullshit EU
      WHere are you going with this!
      It's not just about the EU. It's about forging permanent alliances with Western countries. Orthodoxy was formed by the Greeks and since they were the dominant force during the Medieval era, they basically imposed Orthodoxy on us. We shouldn't follow their religion but rather one of Rome or Uppsala.

Comment

• El Bre
        • Sep 2008

If Macedonians were Catholic, it definately would have set us apart from our neighbours and would have made assimilation more difficult.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Helvetia View Post
          It's not just about the EU. It's about forging permanent alliances with Western countries. Orthodoxy was formed by the Greeks and since they were the dominant force during the Medieval era, they basically imposed Orthodoxy on us. We shouldn't follow their religion but rather one of Rome or Uppsala.
          What utter Bull! It seems that we have another imposter hellene making believe he is a Macedonian.

Orthodoxy was not formed by any greeks you fake. I bet you can't even pinpoint the date of Orthodoxy?
          Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Helvetia
            Banned
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
            What utter Bull! It seems that we have another imposter hellene making believe he is a Macedonian.

Orthodoxy was not formed by any greeks you fake. I bet you can't even pinpoint the date of Orthodoxy?
            The East–West Schism of 1054, sometimes known as the Great Schism,[1] formally divided the State church of the Roman Empire into Eastern (Greek) and Western (Latin) branches, which later became known as the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church, respectively. Relations between East and West had long been embittered by political and ecclesiastical differences and theological disputes.[2] Prominent among these were the issues of "filioque", whether leavened or unleavened bread should be used in the Eucharist,[3] the Pope's claim to universal jurisdiction, and the place of Constantinople in relation to the Pentarchy

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Helvetia View Post
              The East–West Schism of 1054, sometimes known as the Great Schism,[1] formally divided the State church of the Roman Empire into Eastern (Greek) and Western (Latin) branches, which later became known as the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church, respectively. Relations between East and West had long been embittered by political and ecclesiastical differences and theological disputes.[2] Prominent among these were the issues of "filioque", whether leavened or unleavened bread should be used in the Eucharist,[3] the Pope's claim to universal jurisdiction, and the place of Constantinople in relation to the Pentarchy
              Very good. Using wikipedia shows us that you are not only a greek but also a beggar for brains - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East-West_Schism

What greeks? Show us these greeks and show us where they called themselves greeks? Show us how they could even "force" orthodoxy on us considering the Armenians were the dominant people in the East Roman Empire.

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

helvetia's ideology - in relation to Macedonia and Macedonians is becoming obvious, assimilation seems to be a point that is being pushed and pursued, with his swiss model and now the religion.
                Helvetia, it is becoming apparent your proud Macedonian heritage is one that is non existent, and pursuant to the annihilation of Macedonian culture and ethnicity
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                  • Jan 2009

helvetia's ideology - in relation to Macedonia and Macedonians is becoming obvious, assimilation seems to be a point that is being pushed and pursued, with his swiss model and now the religion.
                  Helvetia, it is becoming apparent your proud Macedonian heritage is one that is non existent, and pursuant to the annihilation of Macedonian culture and ethnicity
                  What's even more funny is that the first official greek church was in 1833 and its head was the bavarian King Otto of new greece - http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ead.php?t=2969

Julie it seems like the greeks are running out of fairy dust to blind us with.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

helvetia the othodox religion started in macedonia not in greece.Also the macedonian orthodox religion has had various influnce on orthodoxy.Whereas the greeks sort to choose dominance for its own sake.They tried to make converts to the greek orthodoxy a couple of centruries ago even though the people weren't greeks.That's how much you know.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
                      • May 2009

What's even more funny is that the first official greek church was in 1833 and its head was the bavarian King Otto of new greece - http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ead.php?t=2969

Julie it seems like the greeks are running out of fairy dust to blind us with.
                      Helvetia is an imposter, early on his swiss assimilation policies were blatantly apparent to me and now he is pursuing the cultural genocide of Macedonians, where religion plays a large part in many Macedonians lives.
                      Helvetia, you are treading on thin ice, and most of us will not stand for your bullshit

Comment

• julie
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                        helvetia the othodox religion started in macedonia not in greece.Also the macedonian orthodox religion has had various influnce on orthodoxy.Whereas the greeks sort to choose dominance for its own sake.They tried to make converts to the greek orthodoxy a couple of centruries ago even though the people weren't greeks.That's how much you know.
                        Helvetia is either a grk or albanian george, and is interested in the cultural genocide of our people , early on in his posts it was apparent he is pursuing an assimilation tactic

Comment

• Helvetia
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2011

Helvetia is an imposter, early on his swiss assimilation policies were blatantly apparent to me and now he is pursuing the cultural genocide of Macedonians, where religion plays a large part in many Macedonians lives.
                          Helvetia, you are treading on thin ice, and most of us will not stand for your bullshit
                          You are being crazy. This is a forum and I am just discussing ideas. It's common knowledge that the Greeks formed the basis of Constantinopolian elite and they came up with Orthodoxy as a solution for the problems with the Vatican.

Comment

• El Bre
                            • Sep 2008

Are you Macedonian Helvetia?

Comment

• Helvetia
                              Banned
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
                              Are you Macedonian Helvetia?
                              Yes... I am Macedonian. That shouldn't be even a question.

Comment

Working...
                              X