X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackcactus
    • Sep 2008

Understanding others

Things about life and people have made me aware of this so much so I wanted to share a little awareness of this profound area of human social interaction

All of us fall somewhere along an Autism spectrum, there are internet tests out there that can give you a rough idea where you sit, many of us have Asperger's which is a low level variety of true Autism but fortunately are generally able to function well in society

The thing is, you, your children, life partner, friend, work colleague could have some level of Asperger's that may effect your lives together, understanding this may save you a lot of heart break

Below is some information

Source: http://unfinishedscript.wordpress.co...gers-times-uk/

What is Asperger’s syndrome? A form of autism, the disorder that impairs the ability to relate to others and understand body language, facial expressions and emotions. Those with Asperger’s often have above-average IQ.

Your partner/friend/child/colleague may have Asperger’s syndrome if he (or she) has most or all of the following traits. Does he . . .

1. Have difficulty interpreting body language and facial expressions?

2. Have difficulty understanding jokes, metaphor and sarcasm because he takes everything in a very literal way?

3. Struggle to maintain friendships?

4. Become withdrawn and seem to be uninterested in others, appearing aloof?

5. Have poor social awareness and find it hard to imagine how his behaviour impacts on other people?

6. Love routines and get very upset if these are broken?

7. Have an intense and all-consuming special interest or hobby?

8. Have sensory difficulties? Is he oversensitive to touch or smell or noise or to a particular taste (people with Asperger’s have a very limited diet). In some cases, there can be an undeveloped sense.
    The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python
  • makedonche
    • Oct 2008

BC
    Thanks for that - interesting, I'll look into it a bit more!
    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

on reflection there are so many true things.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• blackcactus
        • Sep 2008

Here is one of those online tests for convenience, it's a rough indication

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html (Created by Cambridge University Autism Research Centre)

We all sit along a Autism-Spectrum Quotient, all people show some autistic tendencies, it does not effect how you function for most of us

As for the test just be honest, you should NOT show anyone else your score but it may help you to understand why you are the way you are

In this test the average person gets a score of about 16, a person with strong autistic tendencies tends to get above about 32

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by blackcactus View Post
          Things about life and people have made me aware of this so much so I wanted to share a little awareness of this profound area of human social interaction

All of us fall somewhere along an Autism spectrum, there are internet tests out there that can give you a rough idea where you sit, many of us have Asperger's which is a low level variety of true Autism but fortunately are generally able to function well in society

The thing is, you, your children, life partner, friend, work colleague could have some level of Asperger's that may effect your lives together, understanding this may save you a lot of heart break

Below is some information

Source: http://unfinishedscript.wordpress.co...gers-times-uk/

What is Asperger’s syndrome? A form of autism, the disorder that impairs the ability to relate to others and understand body language, facial expressions and emotions. Those with Asperger’s often have above-average IQ.

Your partner/friend/child/colleague may have Asperger’s syndrome if he (or she) has most or all of the following traits. Does he . . .

2. Have difficulty understanding jokes, metaphor and sarcasm because he takes everything in a very literal way?

5. Have poor social awareness and find it hard to imagine how his behaviour impacts on other people?

8. Have sensory difficulties? Is he oversensitive to touch or smell or noise or to a particular taste (people with Asperger’s have a very limited diet). In some cases, there can be an undeveloped sense.
          Thanks BC, I can relate to each point to a lesser or greater degree.

Comment

• blackcactus
            • Sep 2008

My pleasure Pelister, if it helps you in any way it was worth posting it here

Your friend

BC

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

BC, thank you for posting. Interesting stuff.
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Mikail
                • Sep 2008

BC, you are a gentleman.
                From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

Thanks BC. Very interesting stuff. Just one thing i would like to add. Does anyone watch "Big Bang Theory" ?

Well if you watch it and know who Sheldon is, he is a perfect example of someone suffering Asperger's syndrome. Check the list below and he would tick all box's. lol

So measure yourselves against Sheldon.

Originally posted by blackcactus View Post

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
                  X