X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Stefan of Pelagonia

In a statement to the media, the party's president, prof. Dr Janko Bacev, PhD, said: "The Central Committee, as the highest decision-making body of the party between the two congresses, today made decisions of a historical character for the party.

First, the Central Committee decided to completely re-brand and in the future, the party instead of the People's Movement for Macedonia will be named Edin Macedonia.

Secondly,reconstruction of the Executive Committee of the party, in which, among others, will be prof. Dr. Stefan Vlahov Micov, who will also be deputy chairman of the party, Dragan Ugrinovski, president of the Macedonian Patriotic Association "Hardcore", which we see is targeted at certain structures in the country with the attempt to promote a parallel association with the same name, but, as you see the true Fortress Society, today, Zoran Jovanchev, President of the Association "Macedonia and Russia" - MV, Vangel Simev, a university professor and former MP who remains in the Macedonian history by voting against damaging agreements in the Parliament, including the capitulation framework agreement in 2001, Igor Jordanov private businessman and Aco Nikolovski also a private businessman. Newly elected members,

Thirdly, United Macedonia will advocate a radical turn in Macedonian politics by withdrawing the acts for Macedonia's accession to NATO and the EU and requesting Macedonia's membership in the Eurasian Economic Union and a strategic partnership with Russia, "said Bacev.

ЯЯЯЯЯ

The Deputy President of the United Macedonia, prof. Dr. Stefan Vlahov Micov said: "We in the Unique Macedonia are for strategic partnership with Russia for several reasons,

First, with the Russian people as Slavic we have a close mentality, language, culture, traditional values,

secondly, only in alliance with Russia we can protect the national interests of the Macedonian people, such as the Macedonian name, identity, unity and state territory,

Thirdly, entering the Eurasian Union will raise the standard of living of the Macedonian people, unemployment will be eradicated, we will get energy and other natural resources with 50% lower prices. In this direction, I would like to emphasize that we in the United Macedonia are against the US, NATO and the EU because we consider them to be the new Hitlerites in the world who want the destruction of the Slavic world. They want to wipe out the Macedonian state from the map of the world and even physically destroy the Macedonian people. We have nothing in common with them. Our democratic and anti-Fascist past is contrary to their genocidal barbarism, "said Vlahov Micov.
    I would guess they will receive a handful of votes with that platform. And it would be a retarded hand.

Russia has done absolutely nothing for Macedonia. Ever.
    Talking about Hitlerites doesn't help them.
    Talking about eradicating unemployment entirely shows their mental condition.
    What a pity a real option does not exist yet.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Amphipolis
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

...and the name is already changed...only the signatures are missing.
      As I have explained that is far from truth, especially after Mitsotakis' statements.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Okay let's vote for DPMNE or SDS and change our name ASAP in order to get in NATO and EU together with our albanian brothers.
        Or let's finally admit we are useless and can't find anyone to create a real option for real Macedonians.

I don't like Russia, kinda hate them, but it's the better option for us.
        And about the unemployment and talks about the economy.. how else would they receive votes from the parasites (majority) ?
        A real negotiator would play off the EU, USA and Russia. Not drop their pants and offer fealty as part of a political platform.

As far as lying about full employment, it is just mindless rhetoric that would ensure no longevity.

(why did you use google translate btw?)
        Because I am lazy. I must be Macedonian!

Did I translate "Hitlerites" wrong?
        Risto the Great

Comment

• maco2envy
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
          As I have explained that is far from truth, especially after Mitsotakis' statements.
          Man, I hope you're right, but there is heavy pressure on both sides in Greece to agree to a compromise. I doubt the international community will only allow SYRIZA to commit political suicide. As the globalist media outlet Deutsche Welle put it, If Greece does not come up with an agreement now, we will most likely remain as 'Macedonia' for the foreseeable future. On the international stage, you don't want nationalism being expressed from your side, especially if the other side is compromising everything (i.e Zaev).

As Greece descends into deeper debt, it will be even more easier for the Globalist to manipulate Greece into compromising, regardless of a public consensus.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
            • Oct 2011

Valuable historic documents are in danger of rotting after the last government moved the national archive to a new building that was not fit for purpose.

Macedonian Archive Falls Victim to Skopje’s Shoddy Makeover

Valuable historic documents are in danger of rotting after the last government moved the national archive to a new building that was not fit for purpose

Each rainy day in the Macedonian capital, Skopje, spells potential disaster for the precious historic documents kept in the depots of the new but poorly constructed Macedonian National Archive.

The toll of keeping the centuries-old documents dry is particularly stressful for the archive employees who run around with buckets and mobs each time it rains, trying to prevent the extensive leakage from the ceilings and the pipe system from spreading into the depot areas.

“This is not the first time. It has been like this ever since the archive moved in here,” said the recently appointed director, Kiril Petrov, showing the still damp ceilings and the buckets with water placed underneath them after the last emergency struck, last weekend.

Ironically, the building is not old and damaged but brand new. Located in the centre of Skopje, it cost 42 million euros, forming part of the previous right-wing government’s grand revamp of the capital, known as “Skopje 2014”.

The National Archive only moved there in 2014 and now shares the neo-Classical-style building with the Archaeological Museum and the Constitutional Court.

Occupying the top two floors under the roof means that the archive, and its valuable collection, are in most jeopardy as a result of the building’s shoddy construction.

“We warned even then [in 2014] that the new building was not designed for this, and that our old building was much better. But it was a political decision to move us here. They simply ignored us,” one archive employee said.

The dripping water is putting some of Macedonia’s most valuable national heritage in grave danger.

The archive holds more than 56,000 historic documents, the oldest dating back to the 12th century.

It holds many historically significant diplomatic records as well, some as originals on paper and others in copy, stored on microfilms.

“Our archive needs to be kept in a tightly controlled environment and water and humidity is the last thing we want near it,” the employee who wished to stay anonymous added.

However, despite warnings from staff and other experts that moving the archive would be a big mistake, and that the old building, which was purpose-built in 1969 to store sensitive archive materials, needed only slight renovation, the former VMRO DPMNE-led government did not budge.

Even when the first reports of flooding in the new building started to appear, soon after it opened, the media were not allowed inside to check what was going on.

It was only after the change in government last May that the staff and the new director opened the doors to the cameras, and the scale of potential devastation became obvious to the wider public.

After the latest flooding this weekend, the staff sent an ultimatum to the new Social Democrat-led government, either to return them to their old building as soon as possible, or face a protest.

“We are mulling a new location for the National Archive,” Culture Minister Robert Alagjozovski told the media on Monday after receiving the ultimatum.

“But we haven’t decided yet where to move the archive. We need to thoroughly consider all the options, because we don’t want to cause a domino effect, by solving one problem and creating a new one,” the minister said.

Rectifying one bad political decision with another rushed move does not seem to be the best solution.

Under a decision of the former government, the old archive building was allocated to the financial police.

They were also in need of more office space. They have already started to renovate the premises and expect to move there soon.

But archive employees say that their old depots are still intact, and that, should they return there, it would not take too much hustle to resume normal work.

Meanwhile, the former head of the institution, Filip Petrovski, in whose time in office the archive was forced to move, has denied responsibility for the problems. He also said the new government was blowing the matter out of proportion.

“The building was not properly constructed right from the start,” Petrovski told the Fokus weekly on Monday, “but I didn’t build it.”

He insisted that a “thorough intervention” in the new building was all that is needed.

He added that since the old government went to such lengths to build a new building, the least they can do now is to repair it.

But, following news of repeated flooding in the archive, many members of the public say someone must take responsibility. They insist that the unnecessary relocation of a top national institution, which has endangered thousands of valuable documents, must not go unpunished.

“There must be answers and responsibility for this. Is there an investigation, are there criminal charges and will someone be held responsible for anything?” veteran journalist Emilija Lazarevska wrote in her latest column
            “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• vicsinad
              • May 2011

That's the false patriotism on the part of DPNE.

And that's SDS not being able to get past party politics.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

I actually consult in matters such as this.
                Allow me to offer my professional opinion.

When this happens .... you make the builder fix it.

Who do I send the invoice to?
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

What are they worried about? They don't need historical documents - they will only hold some inconvenient truths about our past. For example, we used to be called Macedonians. We're turning over a new leaf now, we'll create all new historical documents. Welcome to New/Upper/NorthernMakedonija (Skopje?).
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                    • Oct 2011

Smaller Albanian parties in Macedonia say they are willing to bolster Zoran Zaev’s government with their support but petty quarrels between them could undermine the move.

Small Albanian Parties Ready to Boost Macedonian Govt

Smaller Albanian parties in Macedonia say they are willing to bolster Zoran Zaev’s government with their support but petty quarrels between them could undermine the move

Up to ten MPs from smaller ethnic Albanian parties could soon boost the government’s narrow majority in parliament, but settling their petty feuds so that they can all join his administration poses a challenge for Prime Minister Zoran Zaev.

The first problem is an ongoing split between members of the small opposition BESA party who together control five MPs in the Macedonian legislature.

Although both factions – who both insist they are the true BESA - say they would consider joining Zaev’s government, one says it is not willing to share space in his administration.

The BESA faction led by Afrim Gashi, which controls three MPs, was adamant that it would not share power with their former colleagues from the rival faction.

“If there was any room for cooperation with them, the split would not have happened,” said Orhan Murtezani from the BESA faction led by Gashi.

The other part of BESA, however, which controls two MPs and is led by Bilal Kasami, sounded more conciliatory.

“We would not mind if Gashi’s BESA joins the government, considering that [one of BESA’s primary opponents in the ethnic Albanian bloc], the Democratic Union for Integration is already there,” an unnamed high-ranking official from the faction told the Plus Info news website on Monday.

But the same source was categorical that they would mind if another small opposition party, the Democratic Party of Albanians, DPA, and its three MPs, joins the government.

The DPA also hinted at its readiness to join the government after Zaev over the last weekend told media that he is working to boost parliamentary support for his administration soon. Unnamed high-raning sources from the DPA told Telma TV they were willing to consider joining Zaev.

Another party, the Alliance for Albanians, which effectively controls two out of its three MPs, also said it was willing to consider rejoining Zaev’s government after leaving it just after the October local polls.

“We have not received a concrete offer,” a senior member of the Alliance, Arben Taravari told media on Tuesday.

“If we get an offer from Zaev for joining the government, the party will consider it,” he added.

However, it is very likely that the Alliance would also strongly object to the DPA taking a role in the administration.

The Alliance party, led by Zijadin Sela, a DPA defector, has repeated several times in the past that it wants nothing to do with the DPA.

Political analyst Albert Musliu said that it is obvious that all of the smaller Albanian parties are interested in joining Zaev’s government.

He said he is optimistic that Zaev can convince all of them to join him as their positions have been weakened after the October local polls and by internal party quarrels.

“The vanity and the hard words won’t pose a problem for the functioning of this coalition, but it is up to the prime minister to find ways to manage all of this. Everything can be overcome if there is an interest [in doing so],” Musliu said.

Zaev’s government currently rests on a majority in parliament of just 61 MPs in the 120 seat assembly, plus several MPs who, although not officially part of the ruling alliance, recently said they would support his administration.

If Zaev succeeds convincing all the small ethnic Albanian entities to overcome their quarrels, he could hope for a significant boost in support, which could exceed 70 MPs.

This could also make parliament more efficient by eliminating ongoing problems with assembling a quorum at parliamentary sessions.
                    “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                      • Apr 2014

Huge success in Australia today with a maximum estimate of 30,000 marching in Melbourne and a top of 40,000 in Sydney. Perth was said to be a 'few thousand' and heard Brisbane was only 200.
                      I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Karposh
                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                        Huge success in Australia today with a maximum estimate of 30,000 marching in Melbourne and a top of 40,000 in Sydney. Perth was said to be a 'few thousand' and heard Brisbane was only 200.
                        Unfortunately, I couldn't make it today as I had a family matter to attend to but that seems to be the consensus regarding the true number at Sydney, according to a number of people I have spoken to. The 30,000+ that the papers are reporting seems to be the low end, conservative estimate and that the true number would've been significantly higher. One report says that people were already protesting at Martin Place while a flood of people were still making their way out of Town Hall station, and hadn't even started the march to Martin Place, a distance of approximately 2 km away. I would've been impressed with anything near 10,000 but the turnout at Sydney seems unprecedented as far as Macedonian community demonstrations go in Australia. I know Melbourne had massive turnouts in the early 90's but, I dare say, today's Sydney turnout might have even surpassed those too.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                          Unfortunately, I couldn't make it today as I had a family matter to attend to but that seems to be the consensus regarding the true number at Sydney, according to a number of people I have spoken to. The 30,000+ that the papers are reporting seems to be the low end, conservative estimate and that the true number would've been significantly higher. One report says that people were already protesting at Martin Place while a flood of people were still making their way out of Town Hall station, and hadn't even started the march to Martin Place, a distance of approximately 2 km away. I would've been impressed with anything near 10,000 but the turnout at Sydney seems unprecedented as far as Macedonian community demonstrations go in Australia. I know Melbourne had massive turnouts in the early 90's but, I dare say, today's Sydney turnout might have even surpassed those too.

Sydney do seem to have the larger figure this time, they did last year too but for more obvious reasons.
                          I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• vicsinad
                            • May 2011

Great turn our in Australia. Wish we had the same success here in the States.

I spoke on behalf of LOMA at the We Are Macedonia / UMD-organized protest in Washington, DC. I felt that it was important to put any differences aside during this time in order to motivate our Macedonian communities in the States. Unfortunately, there were no more than 500 people in attendance at the DC protests. Hopefully, we can get that number to increase at following protests.

Here is my speech on behalf of LOMA:

Comment

• vicsinad
                              • May 2011

And here's a longer video (40 minutes) of scenes from the protest:

Last edited by vicsinad; 03-04-2018, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                                • Oct 2011

Well done Vic

Comment

Working...
                                X