X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sydney
    • Sep 2008

Lavce, the food looks good!

What's the winter planting looking like for your garden?

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
      • Nov 2009

Just have a look at this thread the last page is updated pics from my bavcha

Me and Makedonska_Kafana had this thread over at Maknews so I thought we could start one up here. This is my bavcha:
      Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

kolbasi so grafce.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
          kolbasi so grafce.
          yes, very nice... kolbasite mora da bidat luti

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
            • Nov 2009

Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
              • Jul 2012

I am interested in knowing if there is any Macedonian cuisine that is uniquely Macedonian and not made by any other Balkan nations ?
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                I am interested in knowing if there is any Macedonian cuisine that is uniquely Macedonian and not made by any other Balkan nations ?
                I'm gonna say Pastrmajlija

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                  • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Macedonian_Nationalist View Post
                  I'm gonna say Pastrmajlija
                  Thanks mate, I have actually never tried that before.
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                    uniquely Macedonian.........

Have you guys heard of "PIVTIA" it's a type of Garlic gelatine with (usually) pig feet (sometimes toe nails and all) set in this jelly type substance. I don't know of any other nation that has this. Or any other Macedonian come to think of it, I only remember my parents making it lol
                    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post

Have you guys heard of "PIVTIA" it's a type of Garlic gelatine with (usually) pig feet (sometimes toe nails and all) set in this jelly type substance. I don't know of any other nation that has this. Or any other Macedonian come to think of it, I only remember my parents making it lol
                      All Macedonians make piftia and it's an Easter treat. I'm pretty sure we are the only people who make it. Maybe the Tatars too.

Personally I find it disgusting and have never tried it.

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

I think piftia is a dish known to every Macedonian home.
                        Although I struggle with the overly garlicky taste of the dish, parts of the pigs trotters and other pork pieces in the dish can be quite tasty.

It's a very rustic and peasant type dish, somewhat resembling a terrine (with less other meats used)...I'm sure a trendy chef could reinvent it into something pretty good...

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

i kow it well how about selska piftia not only with pigs trotters we used the ashik from the trotters & played games.Selska piftia has real slanina in it,pigs belly,etc delicicious with lots of garlic.
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Niko777
                            • Oct 2010

Actually piftia is common throughout all of the Balkans all the way up to Poland. Romanians also call it Piftia.

Comment

• Niko777
                              • Oct 2010

In my family we have all kinds of different tasty "mandzi" that I would say are 100% Macedonian peasant cuisine. Some such as:

-cabbage and slanina (rasol mandza so slanina)
                              -veal and potatoes (teleshko mandza so patati)
                              -lamb with spinich (jagneshko mandza so spanak)
                              -okra with veal (bamjas mandza)
                              -green beans with veal (fasol mandza)
                              Last edited by Niko777; 05-19-2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you guys are making me hungry!!
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X