X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pelister
    • Sep 2008

Wow. Messy pizza.

Gora is a native word. I think it means "high places".

Linguists have been trying to work out the language of the Gorani. It is not Serbian. It most closely resembles the Mijak Macedonian dialect i.e., the language of Georgi Kastriots mother, Vojslava. The region was ceded to Serbia i think in 1967? Someone might want to check that out.

The U.N mission in Kosovo doesn't recognise them as Macedonian, even though they self declare as Macedonians. The terminology used to describe them ranges from Torbesh to Serbian to Bosniak.

Their unequivical recognition as the traditional land holders of that region by the Kosovo parliament is a precondition for any kind of recognition.

Comment

• Delodephius
      • Sep 2008

In Serbia they are called Goranci and are considered a unique nation. Just so you know so that no more propaganda be spilled that the Serbs consider them Serbs. Only idiot Serbs do that and I would be glad if that adjective be placed in every reference of this kind.
      अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
      उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
      This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
      But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
        In Serbia they are called Goranci and are considered a unique nation. Just so you know so that no more propaganda be spilled that the Serbs consider them Serbs. Only idiot Serbs do that and I would be glad if that adjective be placed in every reference of this kind.
        Some Serb linguists, say they speak a "Serbian" dialect, and point to the similarities between the Gorani langauge, and the langauge of a small enclave of Serbs, just East of the Kosovo border, in Metodija but that exists no where else in the balkans. No other Serbs use it. I've heard some Serbians describe it as "Old Serbian". It gets messy when they say that.

They are unique, and it would be ashame to see them lost to Albanianism.

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
          • Sep 2008

Macedonians party in Albania to hold its first congress

Tirana /30/10/ 10:34

Macedonian Alliance for European Integration, the party of Macedonian minority in Albania, is set to hold its first congress on November 9, Makfax correspondent said.

According to Prespa newspaper, a paper run by Macedonian community in Albania, the congress comes after many years of hard work.

Macedonians in Albania expect the upcoming event to be a congress of unity and unification.

They expect the party to do its outmost to ensure that Macedonians in Albania may exercise fully and effectively all their human rights on equal terms with others in society. Macedonians also expect to be entitled to higher posts in public life.

The congress of the Macedonian alliance for European Integration will be of high significance to the party's preparations for elections slated for next year.
          1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
          2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

They are an awesome bunch of people and are very committed to their Macedonian identity.

They left a lasting impact on my Father when he went there many years ago on Macedonian matters.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelister
              • Sep 2008

Its a big move.

It is great to see this kind of thing happening at last.

I wonder how many Macedonians still self identify as such in Albania?

Comment

• VMRO
                • Sep 2008

I read somewhere that the Gorani originated from Struga/Resen area in Macedonia, they migrated to Gora in the mid or late 1800's according to the book i read.
                Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Pelister
                  • Sep 2008

Its possible, but I doubt it.

People usually know if they came from somewhere else, and from what I know about the Gorani they have always been exactly where they are.

Comment

• Sarafot
                    • Dec 2008

They are Gorani and not Macedonians. Only Macedono-centric nationalist megalomaniacs would call Gorani Macedonians.
                    Islamised Macedonians!!Their language is pure Macedonian-Tetovo dialect,you know sh.. about this!Look their dances songs,costums....
                    And why tatars need subtitles for ?
                    Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
                    - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Sarafot
                      • Dec 2008

Here is map that shows my stance towards states:

Etc.

I.E. I don't respect territorial integrity of any state.
                      What are you speak about map is showing that in Istra there is Italian language,and no Macedonian in Aegean.......How abou Slovenians in Furalnia and Croats in Austria....BULLDOG
                      Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Sarafot View Post
                        Islamised Macedonians!!Their language is pure Macedonian-Tetovo dialect,you know sh.. about this!Look their dances songs,costums....
                        And why tatars need subtitles for ?

hah, exactly.

Slovak, the Gorani self-identify as ethnic Macedonians.

Comment

• Sarafot
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
                          I read somewhere that the Gorani originated from Struga/Resen area in Macedonia, they migrated to Gora in the mid or late 1800's according to the book i read.
                          I have heard that to,that is why they are all ''SLADKARĐII''?But that is not explored.

Comment

• Sarafot
                            • Dec 2008

Videos removed to another thread
                            Last edited by Sarafot; 04-27-2009, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Daskalot
                              • Sep 2008

fala mnogu za ova Sarafche!
                              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Sarafot
                                • Dec 2008

Nema na šo,Makedonija pred se!

Comment

Working...
                                X