Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• chentovist
      Banned
      • Feb 2012

UMD Names First Representative for Greece, in Aegean Macedonia

UMD Names First Representative for Greece, in Aegean Macedonia
      Tuesday, 26 June 2012

June 26, 2012 - Thessaloniki (Solun) and Washington, D.C. – The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) is proud to announce its first official representative for Greece, in Aegean Macedonia. Eugenia “Evgenija” Natsoulidou, a long-time activist and co-founder of the Educative and Cultural Movement of Edessa (Voden), was appointed by a unanimous vote of the UMD Board of Directors.

“Expanding our human rights operations into countries neighboring the Republic of Macedonia, which are home to significant ethnic Macedonian populations, is an essential step for UMD. Not only is this where many of our members originate, but it is also where the Macedonian culture and heritage is under the greatest threat,” said UMD Board Chairman Stojan Nikolov. “Evgenija’s passion for Macedonian human rights is inspiring, making her an obvious choice for this important role, which is the first of its kind.”

Born in the town of Edessa (Voden), Greece in 1955, Natsoulidou moved to Turin, Italy at the age of 9. She would study hotel management before moving back home to Voden in 1974, after the fall of the Junta Regime. She worked for various hotels in Corfu and Halkidiki before moving to Chicago, in the United States, in 1979. Later, she would return to Greece, and continue her hotel management career in Mykonos and Rhodes.

“In 1991, I first started to fully realize how dangerous our situation was as Macedonians in Greece, when the Greek government denied recognition to the Republic of Macedonia, and engineered a huge rise in fanatical anti-Macedonism across Greek society,” said Natsoulidou. “Like many Macedonians of my age in Greece, I had been largely ignorant of the past atrocities committed by the Greek State against our people, because the elders would not talk about it, and the official Greek textbooks teach a total perversion of history regarding Macedonia... not only the history of ancient times, but especially the history of the 20th century.”

In the following years, Natsoulidou would learn much more about her true heritage. She forged friendships with other Macedonians from across the Aegean region (in Greece), from Pirin (in Bulgaria), from Mala Prespa / Golo Brdo (in Albania), and from the independent Republic of Macedonia, as well.

“In 2006, I began following UMD’s activities closely, as they have moved our cause forward in a very positive way. Their efforts helped inspire us to form the Educative and Cultural Movement of Edessa (ECME). Our cultural projects were made possible by generous support from (UMD Board Member) Jim Daikos, and many of his fellow Macedonian patriots in Toronto, Canada. These projects have included the Zadruga Magazine, our folk dancing events, the Voden Makedonsko Internet Radio station, and translations of many important Macedonian books. Most recently, we worked together to publish The Message of the Local, a book about the 100-year anniversary of Greece’s forced annexation of Macedonian territory in 1913, which we have begun distributing for free throughout the country,” added Natsoulidou.

When asked about the conditions for human rights activists in modern-day Greece, she said: “Of course, the conditions we operate under are not easy. We continue to receive threats, not only from extremist individuals, but also from the operatives of major political parties, who consider us like a “foreign body” which pollutes Greek society. Since the Greek Civil War era, our people have been raised in a state-sponsored culture of fear. Therefore, the biggest challenge is to convince our own people to freely declare themselves as Macedonians. Fortunately, we do see many encouraging signs, as more and more of our people are getting actively involved, including the younger generations.”

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
        • Aug 2010

Well, it's with great sadness I read this .. Eugenia, is much smarter person than getting this close to the UMD (done/toast) and it doesn't help because she was a person who until now FOCUSED on Macedonian culture .. could Pop Tsarknias be next in line for a board position?

DONATE HERE

CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THEY HOLD THE GLOBAL CONFERENCE IN SOLUN.
        Macedonia -1 st. Congress in Salonika 2004(part 1) - YouTube

Eugenia, tell Meto to live in Solun? Voden? Lerin?
        Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 07-02-2012, 09:51 PM.
        http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

how degrading & insulting why debase yourself for such shitty awards.Someone should tell him to decline the award.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
            how degrading & insulting why debase yourself for such shitty awards.Someone should tell him to decline the award.
            Award? Him? George, she is not getting an award ..

- UMD Names First Representative for Greece, in Aegean Macedonia
            Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 07-02-2012, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• damian
              Banned
              • Jun 2012

IS UMD an NWO creature?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Well, she may feature more prominently in Greece as a consequence. It will be up to her how this role differs from the Vinozito stance.

In the past she seemed to distance herself from suggesting the Macedonians from Greece and the RoMacedonians needed to be thought of as one people. This is going to be an interesting experiment in trying to align her views (whatever they may be now) with the wishy washy views of UMD.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• damian
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2012

I mean the UMD in general it gives off the sense its a moutpiece for turning the area into an NWO colony....

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by damian View Post
                    IS UMD an NWO creature?
                    Well, those gutless bastards in North America have put her at some risk .. outsider politics.

I, DEMAND METO HOLD A PRESS CONFERENCE IN SOLUN TO ANNOUNCE THIS LATEST UMD ADDITION.

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    This is going to be an interesting experiment in trying to align her views (whatever they may be now) with the wishy washy views of UMD.
                    Don't, get me started ..

Nationalism Threatens Democracy - Greece - YouTube

UMD, better call in the US NAVY SEALS.
                    Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 07-02-2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Chentovist,

I know you are new, but we only allow UMD related "news" in the following thread:

http://macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2422

Can you only post UMD related stuff in there from now on.

Thanks.
                      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

no mk i meant with the appointment what will it mean in awards or a hefty salary.Is it going to be voluntary or just an award.They may even call pop tsarknias on the board.They have to crank up the money raising activities to pay for their salaries in overdrive.?
                        Last edited by George S.; 07-03-2012, 05:27 AM. Reason: ed
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                          • Aug 2010

strictly, a voluntary position with no financial or personal gain. (meto gets paid)

as, a proud macedonian i want to make sure everyone here understands the "truth" about macedonian/greek politics.

both, sides play a game where their citizens will always lose. is, the greece of 2012 the same as the greece of 1975? not, even close. today, you can freely do things that not long ago would have placed you behind bars or even worse. how, much of the hatred today comes from the greek orthodox church? consider, the GOC is the government so you make the call ..

Evgenija, was doing EVERYTHING the UMD had failed to do and now she must be more political by default of this appointment -- see agenda

QUESTION

WHY, AS MACEDONIAN'S DO WE CONTINUE TO FOCUS MAINLY ON MATTERS WHICH WE HAVE ZERO CONTROL, POLITICS? I, HAVE SAID IT 100,000,000 TIMES AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN .. LEAVE THE POLITICS TO THE POLITICIANS AND STRICTLY FOCUS ON MACEDONIAN CULTURE AND LANGUAGE.

OUR, MACEDONIAN DIASPORA IS VERY IMPORTANT AND NOT MUCH TIME LEFT ON THE CLOCK.
                          Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 07-03-2012, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• vodenka
                            • Mar 2009

An interview of Evgenija Natsoulidou about real problems the Macedonians in Egejska front even today because of the discriminating racist greek bureaucracy.
                            If Macedonians in the Republic of Macedonia have one problem with Greece about the official name of the state, Macedonians in Egejska have huge problems about property rights, as well as other human rights which are not respected by Greece. Don't we need do something about it?

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                              • Aug 2010

Vodenka, is it possible that the UMD (USA based) could be even more disliked than the Rainbow Party?
                              Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 07-07-2012, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• vodenka
                                • Mar 2009

There is no comparison between UMD and Rainbow Party!
                                Rainbow is non existent in Egejska as political party. Sometimes it behaves as a cultural association, that’s all it does. Why people should like it?

Comment

Working...
                                X