Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

I think the 'inium' is a Latin suffix, as recorded in Latin sources.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Delodephius
      • Sep 2008

*wĺ̥kʷos‎

Lith. vilkas, Ltv. vilks, Eng. wulf/wolf, Lat. lupus, Gm. wolf/Wolf, Gk. λύκος (lukos), Arm. գայլ (gayl), Alb. ulk/ujk, Skr. वृक (vṛ́ka), Av. vehrka-, Toch. —/walkwe, Pers. varka/گرگ (gurg, gorg), OPruss. wilkis, Goth. wulfs, ON úlfr, OCS влькъ (vlĭkŭ), Russ. волк (volk), Pol. wilk, Luwian walwa
      अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
      उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
      This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
      But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Thanks Slovak, it is indeed an IE word. As far as I am aware today Albanians say 'ujk' for wolf, 'ulk' was in use earlier, and here is something interesting with regard to that point.

In Europe, Balto-Slavic (Lithuanian, Russian, Macedonian, etc) languages are the only ones that use the form VLK with a vowel between the VL and/or LK for the word 'wolf'. While the Greek variant is reasonably close with LYKOS, the Albanian variant is much closer, ULK. Now, it must be surely noticed that the Albanian variant has followed the same sound change as some Illyro-Slavic dialects, namely, the dropping of the L in the word, therefore in Serbian from VOLK to VUK, in Albanian ULK to UJK. In my opinion this Albanian word seems very much a loanword from Slavic. And if it is a loanword from Slavic, then what does that indicate with respect to the Illyrian word OLK(INIUM)?

Just one more thing with regard to the word and the dropping of the letter V, I am not sure if this has any relation to it, but notice how in Macedonian a word for 'uncle' is VUJKO whereas in Serbian it is UJKO, in Russian the word for 'east' is VOSTOK whereas in most South Slavic dialects it is ISTOK? Before the Albanian language took its present form it may very well have had heavy Slavic origins to begin with in its current location.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Demos
          Banned
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          I have heard your sentiments about Chudinov before Slovak, he is the Russian guy that used the same methodology as the 2 Macedonians are at the moment to decipher the Rosetta, is that correct? Could you show us in brief why his methods are flawed, I don't recall the exact arguments from the past, but I would like to re-visit them.
          SOM,

The Rosetta Stone has already been deciphered over 100 years ago by a French scientist. Everyone knows what the two Egyptian segments and the Greek one already state.

Comment

• Sarafot
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
            SOM,

The Rosetta Stone has already been deciphered over 100 years ago by a French scientist. Everyone knows what the two Egyptian segments and the Greek one already state.
            Go home DEMOS,that guy only saied that that is a demotic language!
            Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
            - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Demos
              Banned
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sarafot View Post
              Go home DEMOS,that guy only saied that that is a demotic language!
              The second part of the Rosetta Stone is Demotic Egyptian. That's not an opinion, but fact. Not sure what else is there to decipher.

Comment

• Sarafot
                • Dec 2008

The second part of the Rosetta Stone is Demotic Egyptian. That's not an opinion, but fact. Not sure what else is there to decipher.
                How about Greek lies and negation of Macedonians?
                Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.

Comment

• Demos
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2008

How about Greek lies and negation of Macedonians?
                  Sarafot,

Greeks didn't say that the second part is Demotic Egyptian. 99,9% of the world's linguists and historians are. Feel free to email any history or linguist department of any university in the 1st world and they will tell you what the 2nd part of the Rosetta Stone is. This is just another myth propagated from various circles. The same way the Treaty of Bucharest "expiration date" myth is being propagated by those same circles.

Or if you don't believe me feel free to contact the British Museum in London where the Rosetta Stone is located and they will tell you themselves. Demotic Egyptian is a precursor to Coptic. During ancient times, the people of Egypt could not read Hieroglyphics which were only readable by Egyptian priests. Demotic Egyptian was the language of the average Egyptian. The third paragraph is in Greek of course.
                  Last edited by Demos; 01-01-2009, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• Delodephius
                    • Sep 2008

I agree with Demos.
                    अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                    उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                    This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                    But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Sarafot
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
                      I agree with Demos.
                      Well i dont!

Comment

• Demos
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2008

Well i dont!
                        Sarafot,

Some people still believe the Earth is flat too.

Comment

• Sarafot
                          • Dec 2008

Sarafot,

Some people still believe the Earth is flat too.
                          Let me gues?Are thouse peoples Greeks?

NO SLAVIC MIGRATION!!Tray to convince me?

I'm the stupid one!

Comment

• TerraNova
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2008

Let me gues?Are thouse peoples Greeks?

NO SLAVIC MIGRATION!!Tray to convince me?

I'm the stupid one!
                            Sarafot ,do you deny the Slavic migration to Peloponese too or just to Macedonia?

Comment

• Sarafot
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
                              Sarafot ,do you deny the Slavic migration to Peloponese too or just to Macedonia?
                              Oh i dont deny the whole migration,just the way of it! It was from south to north,and i also say i'm the stupid one,tray to convince me!

If Ellini (the one who arived) survive,no way their hagemons Macedonians did not?

Comment

• TerraNova
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2008

Oh i dont deny the whole migration,just the way of it! It was from south to north,and i also say i'm the stupid one,tray to convince me!

If Ellini (the one who arived) survive,no way their hagemons Macedonians did not?
                                So..you think that Slavs came from Peloponese to Serbia,Macedonia,Poland and so on...interesting

The population didn't extinct of course.
                                Those who survived in 600 AD on,continued speaking their language.Greek.

Some of course mixed and got assimilated by the Slavic populations ,in the parts these were more numerous (North)
                                The exact opposite happened in the South.Slavs got assimilated by the majority-Greeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X