X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Delodephius
    • Sep 2008

Your ancestry

There are still people out there who believe in the existence of pure-blooded individuals or even entire nations. This is a myth, a delusion if you will, since all of us are a mixture of different bloodlines. We may not even know it. I tried and tried but I cannot find the article I read a year back ago that reported on, I think they were British, scientists who have proven that all humans are related much more closely than we would be lead to think by our traditional, still nationalistically founded, education. To put their discovery in simple terms I'll use their example: if you were to be sent back in time some 5000 years into the past, into any part of the Old World (Europe, Asia, Africa for us Old Worlders) the first person you would meet would most likely be your ancestor. If we were to speak of lets say an ordinary modern Macedonian, and let's say we send him 3000 years back into China, the first person he/she would meet would most likely be his/her ancestor. Sounds incredible? It appears to be true. People didn't marry just into their village, and they didn't just have three or four kids.

But I digress. My original intent was to ask you what ancestry you have, i.e. what ethnicity your ancestors were? I'm not asking about a definite answer. We don't know who our ancestors were 2000 years ago and with whom they married. So just list who could theoretically be your ancestors.

Judging from my origin, I can list the following:
    Slovak (what I'm considered now)
    Hungarian (I'm aware to be 1/8th)
    Vlach
    Czech
    Polish
    Moravian
    Celtic
    Germanic
    Scytho-Sarmatian
    Dacian
    Pannonian
    Roman
    अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
    उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
    This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
    But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

My blood is most definitely pure, although I did drink a fair bit of Tsing Tao last week.
    All my ancestors that I know of were Macedonian.
    Further back than that, I believe my family line has a connection to mount Olympus and had a penchant for floating on clouds.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

YOu are a GOD RTG.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

George, that is what I keep telling my wife. But she is yet to be convinced.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

You know in the old days the women used to put grapes in the mouth of the king/god & giant feathers waving around making a breeze by beautiful scantilly clad damsels.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
            Judging from my origin, I can list the following:
            Vlach
            Czech
            Polish
            Moravian
            Celtic
            Germanic
            Scytho-Sarmatian
            Dacian
            Pannonian
            Roman
            Interesting exercise. I think it requires further clarification though, for example, I would consider my ancestry as overwhelmingly Macedonian (completely Macedonian as far as records and memory go), but what am I to consider the Slavic-speaking peoples that invaded the Balkans 1,500 years ago and changed the political landscape? Those Slavs were most likely from places like today's Slovakia. Would that mean that I should list part Slovak as a contributing component?
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

My family tree tells me i can go back abot 300 years.I think to find out genetically who we are would be good.I don't know how much it costs??
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

I wonder how far back can one look up macedonian records go?? probably birts& deaths & marriages records???
                Last edited by George S.; 04-26-2011, 11:34 PM.
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Onur
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  but what am I to consider the Slavic-speaking peoples that invaded the Balkans 1,500 years ago and changed the political landscape? Those Slavs were most likely from places like today's Slovakia. Would that mean that I should list part Slovak as a contributing component?
                  They changed demographics of central Europe and Balkans too.

Everything started with Hunnic expansion to the west. The ancestors of most of the current western and eastern slavic speaking people was wandering around the north of Blacksea, from eastern Balkans to today`s Georgia (outside of Roman realm). When Hunnic expansion started, these people either joined them to fight against Romans or escaped from them by migrating in to the central Europe and Balkans. This was same with eastern Germanic tribes too.

Slovak, Slovene, Czech, Serb, Bosnian... these terms are relatively new in world history. The ancestors of all these people are various Uralic/Altaic people, Germanic people and locals(if there was any, probably not in significant number), the mixture of all these. So, they were so-called barbarians from east, leftovers of Huns according to Romans.

Btw, some of you might get offended because i said "mixture of Uralic/Altaic, Germanic and locals" but i don't say this to offend someone. I agree with Slovak Tomas, we can only know our ancestors of past ~3-4 generations but earlier times are usually unknown. Everyone is genetically related with their neighboring people to some degree cuz our current borders are result of recent events in world history. Before that, there no border, no ethnicity, no religion, not even marriages. This is something proven with DNA researches. Genetic researchers can estimate someones ancestral location in Europe within 100-200km of distance by analyzing his/her DNA, regardless of his language and nationality because nearly everyone is genetically related with their neighboring people.
                  Last edited by Onur; 04-27-2011, 02:55 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

I don't disagree with too much of the above. How recent is the term 'Turk'?
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Onur
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      How recent is the term 'Turk'?
                      I think you already know the answer of this question SOM, don't you?

As you know, Turks were part of the Huns and most definitely the ruling core and most likely the biggest population among them. After Hunnic union disbanded, several new states has been born in a short time, like Avars in Panonia. Avar is the name of the one of seven Turkic tribes but during their reign in central Europe, they always been called as Hunnic people by Romans and Franks because their state`s center was same as Attila`s, the Panonia. But the other new state around today`s Kazakhistan, Mongolia was founded in 6th century again and they called themselves as GokTurks, meaning Sky-Turks. We know that from their own monuments with runic Turkic writings in 7-8th century and from eastern Roman records. We don't know for sure about when the term Turk created at first but we know that it`s became a name of a state in 6th century.

Comment

• Onur
                        • Apr 2010

Tomas, i just noticed your signature and i would like to ask some questions to you about it;

A nation is a group of people united by a common error about their ancestry and a common dislike of their neighbours.

End to ALL nations!
                        Tomas, i said that i agree with you about ethnicity issue but what you describe here is the false conception of a nation. Being nationalistic doesn't require you to hate from your neighbors just as being a part of certain religious community doesn't require you to hate from other people who believes other religions. Yes, some people does that but this doesn't mean that nations are bad just as it doesn't mean that religions are evil, right?

Without nations, you cannot survive as your own and you end being a vassal of someone. You should know this better than me cuz your country was part of Hungary for 1000 years `till western powers desired for smaller Hungary and the creation of Czechoslovakia after WW-1. Maybe you don't like about nation concept but it`s a fact since the start of modern era. And this concept wont end in foreseeable future. Trust me, if you go in a trouble, it will be your people again who would rush for help and ordinary French, Italian people wouldn't give a shit about you.

I see that you linked EU march in Latin language. Can i ask you about what`s your people`s relation with Latins except the fact that Latins converted your people as catholics? I mean, so what? This is absurd to me, just as i would sing a march in Arabic/Iranian language just because they converted my people to islam!!! I would never do that myself.

Btw, I don't know if you noticed but 11 out of 12 ethnicity you listed here are not related with Latins at all. Only Romans but Roman was not a name of single ethnicity either.
                        Vlach
                        Czech
                        Polish
                        Moravian
                        Celtic
                        Germanic
                        Scytho-Sarmatian
                        Dacian
                        Pannonian
                        Roman
                        So, what`s the fuss about your "death to all nations" but "vive le Latin" attitude?
                        Last edited by Onur; 04-27-2011, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
                          • Sep 2008

the mankind DNA is 98,6% of majmun origin and 1,4% of not known origin (aliens?)....

anyway!
                          should we macedonians now forget how deeply our folk/ancestries has suffered and still is suffering?

all his posts have only one target
                          slovak is trying all the time to de-patriot us....to make us not to feel macedonian....and to give up our heritage

he has obviously a aversion towards the macedonian history...

get rid of this dushmanche
                          1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
                          2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Delodephius
                            • Sep 2008

Onur, you should know a few things about me first before making such assumptions. Like that I consider myself a Pagan not a Christian, nor do I associate the Latin language with Catholicism but with Roman Paganism or Pre-Christian civilization in general. So if the Romans converted my ancestors to Catholicism, even though no one in my family is a Catholics, they're all Lutherans, and so was I once, I really don't care about that. Second, I'm not from Slovakia. I went there once in my life. I live in Serbia and I was born here. There are many Slovaks here btw.
                            Also, do my people have to have a connection to someone for me to be fond of that people? I'm studying Japanese and practice Daoism and Buddhism. Does it matter if my people didn't have anything to do with the Japanese ever? I'd place the Japanese anthem in my signature, would that be absurd according to you?!

Without nations, you cannot survive as your own and you end being a vassal of someone.
                            To whom? If there are not nations but a one-world government, which is frankly inevitable, no matter who you are or from where you come from, you'd be in the same position as everyone else. And what to you mean "your own"? You mean me as an individual?
                            अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                            उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                            This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                            But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

Dp you know tests have been done on macedonian dna & genetically they say we are of the older stratum.They have concluded that we are related to the ancient macedonians.
                              The only problem i see is that others are writing our history for us & they are smearing history with the same brush.They are hall bent in making us fit the square peg in the round hole.Whatever happened to just being macedonian?A lot of us feel macedonian & call ourselves macedonian we are made like criminals.There's various theories floating around to say that we don't have any macedonian heritage.I think that it's wrong to theorise about who we are.We are Macedonian.We have been inder various countries.The serbs tried to inculcate in us that we aren't macedonian but slavs.The greeks called us slavophones.The bulgarians say we are bulgarians etc who is right?I think the answer lies in the fact that who we identify as we are Macedonian & not what others think we are.
                              Last edited by George S.; 04-27-2011, 05:55 PM.
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                              X