Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goce Homer MakeDonski
    • Feb 2016

Lets try to reach another simple explanation .
    The one over letter K from S L V K derivations or word chelovek

We asks if S L V could stand for Slovo ,what for letter K could standing for?

The answer could be that it is about of servitude ор the liege or letter K does described relationship between a Slovo as superior and a man as vassal.

Slovo + K as Slovok* -Slov + ya + k singlulare and Slov + ya + ki or Slovyaki* plural what by the time and according to historically transcription schools differences from one to another Churches and Monasteries we could possibly have emerge of k->n suffix shift .
    Thus will say that we have move from Slovo - Slovak to Slovo- Slovya
    Slovo + ya + n as singular and Slovo+ya + ni as plural
    Chronologically , we could have meanings description from God /man relation up to individuals affiliation to group
    Last edited by Goce Homer MakeDonski; 03-24-2016, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
      • Feb 2016

Slav ya ni individual to group

"Slavjani
      • From “Slava”, meaning Glory and Fame. So, Slavjani are glorious and famous people. And what other people is there in this world that is more glorious, more famous and more celebrated than the famous Ancient Macedonians, who conquered the whole world with an army of 30,000 fellow countrymen (not including the other Balkan contingents)..."

If we focused at spreading of Christianity only we could find out some
      strange stuff.

Lets say that symbol of Cross was not recognized as Christian symbol at all.More of it " the cross as a symbol was condemned by at least one church father of the 3rd century CE because of its Pagan origins..." and " The first appearance of a cross in Christian art is on a Vatican sarcophagus from the mid-5th Century".2

What do we have at those times?
      We have situation that because it was not the Cross as Christian symbol ,and were not existing words associated and described Christianity .

At our Macedonian language supposed situation could be look like:
      No Cross symbol , no words in use as krstenje or baptizing, no words as se krsti pokrstuva krscteva,krstevka ...nothing from all of that range of words having a word Cross as its base.
      Than from the other side we do have spreading of Christianity around.
      Under what words or phrases individuals were converted to Christianity then ?
      At the present we state that phrase in use is :
      “Се крштева чедо Божје во името на Св.Тројство...’’
      "And it does baptizes child of God in the name of Holy Trinity .."
      And individual accepted the slavya of Slovo because he begun to be converted at it

And it is so because we have the Cross symbol for all of the Christians worldwide .
      But back at the early times of Christianity and back at Macedonian spaces what do we have ? What pattern or model was in use ?
      We could guess that could be like:

"And it does introduces at the Glory and Power of Slovo , child of God in the name of..."

And converted become a Slovo follower or liege
      And liege become Slovo follower
      and Slovo followers become a individuals to group followers ..

Source :
      2- B.G. Walker, "The Woman's Encyclopaedia of Myths and Secrets", Harper & Row, San Francisco CA (1983),page ...313-314

link :
      Last edited by Goce Homer MakeDonski; 03-24-2016, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Karposh
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
        It sounds like Risto Stefov to me, not necessarily meaning that he invented it, but maybe you have to see his sources.
        Thanks for bailing me out of that one Amphipolis. It was a comment I read a very long time ago before I got into the habit of recording points of interest for the sake of referencing at a future date. I'm pretty sure it wasn't on-line. This was before the internet, when library books were still your best source of information. In my earlier post on this thread, I connected the comment with the theory that Ancient Macedonians fled the invading Romans, fearing retribution from them (perhaps one of Stefov's claims). But the quote about there always having been a mutual understanding/cooperation between the ancient Macedonians and the peoples of the north, if I can correct myself now, I think was a stand alone comment that the author made.
        I won't give up on finding that quote though. I'll go back to the old-school way of researching - back to my local public library and scouring the whole place if I have to.

Comment

• Amphipolis
          Banned
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
          Thanks for bailing me out of that one Amphipolis. It was a comment I read a very long time ago before I got into the habit of recording points of interest for the sake of referencing at a future date. I'm pretty sure it wasn't on-line. This was before the internet, when library books were still your best source of information. In my earlier post on this thread, I connected the comment with the theory that Ancient Macedonians fled the invading Romans, fearing retribution from them (perhaps one of Stefov's claims). But the quote about there always having been a mutual understanding/cooperation between the ancient Macedonians and the peoples of the north, if I can correct myself now, I think was a stand alone comment that the author made.
          I won't give up on finding that quote though. I'll go back to the old-school way of researching - back to my local public library and scouring the whole place if I have to.

See page 149 and around it (though you won't find sources)

Comment

• Karposh
            • Aug 2015

Thanks Amphipolis, much appreciated. However, I'm more concerned with the comment I read regarding the Ancient Macedonian's relations with the peoples of the north (mutual understanding/cooperation), which I'm determined to track down, rather than the events surrounding the Roman invasion of Macedonia. This was an off-the-cuff remark by this author, which took me by surprise at the time, and I apologise for going on about it without sourcing the actual book but I'll keep you posted when I do eventually find it.

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
              • Feb 2016

By questioning,lets have this enter .
              When Jesus was named Christ ?

The answers laid down at Matthew 16:16
              "Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.".."

But what about the chronology when that happen ?
              Sentences above I have met are very logically :

"The Sinaiticus Codex of the NT with Acts of the Apostles and 1st Peter is evidence that people were not called Christians until after the Fall of the Jewish Temple.

Non-apologetic writings do not show that there was a person called Christ who was followed or worshiped as a God by anyone anywhere in or outside the Roman Empire up to at least the end of the 1st century..."
              Last edited by Goce Homer MakeDonski; 03-25-2016, 05:52 AM.

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
                • Feb 2016

I would like to continue firstly with an analyze over words standing for Church and Cross symbol ,and then to move forward.

It is in my opinion that we could rich possibility of the word Church by analyzing Chi Ro symbols ..

So let me go ..

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
                  • Feb 2016

IMPERIUM ROMANUM ORIENTALE SIGNUM CRUCIS

IMPERIUM ROMANUM ORIENTALE SIGNUM CRUCIS
                  Eastern Roman Empire the Cross symbol

Historical sources:
                  According to Lactantius, Flavius Valerius Constantinus was visited by a dream the night before the battle, where in he was advised "to mark the heavenly sign of God on the shields of his soldiers ... by means of a slanted letter X with the top of its head bent round, he marked Christ on their shields."[1]

Explanation we read is that is about of superimposed ,not ordinary but Greek letters: "A monogram and symbol for Christ, consisting of the superimposed Greek letters chi (Χ) and rho (Ρ),often embroidered on altar cloths and clerical vestments. Also called Chrismon, Christogram..." [2]
                  [chi + rho, first two letters of Greek Khrīstos, Christ.] [3]
                  What is most than strange
                  Greeks today for the Cross will say ;Σταυρός
                  No need to add that Macedonian and all related modern languages of today for Cross will say:
                  Cross -Eng.
                  Krst -Maced.
                  Krst-Bulg.
                  Krst-Serb.
                  Kriz -Croat .

And no wonder because here is the root of that word .
                  Krs;
                  X-KS;
                  P-ro;
                  X + P ~> KS + Ro ~>
                  Ro in between K`S ~>
                  K Ro S...we read Kros .
                  Kros or Crossed ,because Ro is present crossed at the middle of dual K`S or X
                  two letters

Another words connected with word the Cross in Macedonian are and this :baptism baptize
                  Lets compare:
                  Macedonian :KRST- KRSTI KRSTENJE
                  English :The Cross, baptism baptize
                  Greek :STAVROS Váptisi vaftísei
                  Where the root for ever will be at letters
                  X Ro
                  KRoS

Such a strange ..

Ref:
                  1- Lactantius, De Mortibus Persecutorum 44.4–6, tr. J.L. Creed,Lactantius: De Mortibus Persecutorum (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1984), qtd. in Lenski, "Reign of Constantine" (CC), 71.
                  2- American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

Net links :

Definition, Synonyms, Translations of Chi-Rho by The Free Dictionary

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
                    • Feb 2016

"The Babylonians, Egyptians, Aztecs & others had cross symbols. However, there is no cross in Christianity. No cross at all! There is no cross anywhere in the bible. The words which have been translated "cross" & "crucify" in the New Testament are "stauross" or "stavross" & "stavrooh". All translators, even fundamentalists, agree that a they are not a cross. Liddell & Scotts A Greek-English Lexicon defines "stauross" or "stavross" as "upright pale or stake". W.E. Vines Expository Dictionary of New Testament words, another Christian resource, reports that "stauross" or "stavross" - "denotes, primarily, an upright pale or stake." 1
                    _________
                    Ref:

Barker, Dan (1992). Losing Faith in Faith: From Preacher to Atheist. Madison, WI: Freedom From Religion Foundation. ISBN 978-1877733130.... pp. 203-4

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
                      • Feb 2016

Although it is true that the Greek word σταυρός stauros, as used in the New Testament and elsewhere, means "stake," it is not true that it does not also mean "cross."

The point here would be that the manner of crucifixion that most of us envision, with a man hanging on a cross after being nailed to through his hands/wrists and feet, was not the typical way in which people were executed when the word stauros is invoked. In other words, the execution by impalement with a stake is often denoted, ...

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
                        • Feb 2016

as in the imagery of Prometheus here:

Prometheus bound to a wooden stake or stauros, i.e., a cross, on a Greek vase, c. late sixth to early seventh cents. BCE, http://www.theoi.com/Gallery/T21.5.html

However, although here he is staked and not exactly in cruciform, Prometheus was also depicted, on a later vase dating to around 350 BCE, in cruciform, as crucified using chains:

When ancient writers (e.g., Lucian) describe the cruciform punishment of Prometheus or others, such as Diodorus's depiction of the king Lycurgus's crucifixion by the god Dionysus, they use the related verbs σταυρόω stauroó and ἀνασταυρόω anastauróo, meaning to "impale on a stake" or "affix to a cross." Derived from anastauróo, the term ἀνασταυρῶσαι anastaurosai is used by Diodorus (3.65.5) to depict the crucifixion of Dionysus’s enemy, Lycurgus:

καὶ τὸν Λυκοῦργον ζωγρήσαντα τυφλῶσαί τε καὶ πᾶσαν αἰκίαν εἰσενεγκάμενον ἀνασταυρῶσαι.
                        Diodorus recounts that, after Lycurgus cut the throats of the Bacchantes or followers of Dionysus, the god took the king prisoner, plucked out his eyes, tortured and abused him, and "nailed him to the cross."

During the Roman era, these texts were translated into Latin, and the various forms of σταυρόω stauroó were rendered with forms of the Latin verb crucifigere, meaning "to fix to a cross," crucifixum, etc. There is no question that the σταυρός stauros was taken to mean both a stake and a cross, as is also the case in the Greek and Latin editions of the early Church fathers' writings, including by Justin, Tertullian, Origen and Minucius, who discuss the "cross" using both the Latin crucifix and Greek stauros.

The bottom line is that both the impalement and crucifixion were described using the term σταυρός stauros or a related form. This same concept is described using terms for "stake," "cross," "tree" and "wood."

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
                          • Feb 2016

and once more :

Liddell & Scott

Now, if we look specifically at Liddell and Scott (1900:62), we will find the same definition of ἀνασταυρόω anastauroó:

As concerns the word stauros, while Liddell & Scott (1900:743) does not specify "cross" in its definition of stauros, other than in a Christian context, we need to continue to see that the verb stauroo is described as "to crucify":

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words

As concerns the commentary in Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, the reference denoting the "primary" meaning as "an upright pale or stake" does not preclude the word's connotation as "cross." In the entry "Cross, Crucify," Vines further states:

The stauros denotes (a) "the cross, or stake itself," e.g., Matt. 27:32; (b) "the crucifixion suffered," e.g., 1 Cor. 1:17,18, where "the word of the cross," RV, stands for the Gospel; Gal. 5:11, where crucifixion is metaphorically used of the renunciation of the world, that characterizes the true Christian life; Gal. 6:12,14; Eph. 2:16; Phil. 3:18....

Ref:

D.M. Murdock “A Pre-Christian 'God' on a Cross?’’,

Links:
                          from forum topic

from the book
                          Last edited by Goce Homer MakeDonski; 05-08-2016, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
                            • Feb 2016

And here we are reading all that stuff again and again

Stavros - searching possible origin of..
                            Σταυρός
                            Searching possible origin of this I guess famous Greek personal name.
                            Lets again check out those two letters Chi and Ro .pronounced as Ksi and Ro
                            Lets see the way of Cross symbol creation .
                            That creation been made very easy on the way that letter Ro been put at the middle of the letter X
                            Thus we have following symbol

Again for reminding .. we have splitting diftong situations where between K's phones letter P pronounced Ro been put at the middle of it or orthographically expressed P been put at the middle of X
                            Raised sounding situation we have got is :
                            X plus Ro
                            K`S plus Ro at the way that Ro is put at the middle or..

K Ro S
                            KrS
                            KRS
                            KRS or KRST is how we will say for Cross .
                            KRSTE is personal name out of it.
                            But lets check for Stavros possility

Connection of this letters with a name of Stavros can not be done at the easiest way as with our Macedon. language for the name KRSTE what is parallel on Greek name, but because of existence of illogical matter ,when talking over this abstraction ...

So, if we focused at the verb ..to put ...we might have something .

At Greek verb "to put" is translated as : να θέσει (na thései )
                            In Latin verb "to put " is tranlsated with :
                            loco lace, position, set, put, posit, dispose
                            jacio: cast, fling, throw, throw away, throw off, throw out
                            dido: distribute, disseminate, spread, divide, separate, put
                            disdo:distribute, disseminate, spread, divide, separate, put
                            obdo;expose, put, place, place before, shut, close
                            sisto:stop, set, present, arrest, place, put
                            addo: add, bring, give, append, apply, lay on
                            paro:set, prepare, procure, intend, plan, supply
                            colloco:quarter, place, place together, install, instal, establish
                            conloco:rank, place, place together, install, instal, establish
                            iacio: throw, scatter, cast, hurl, fling, throw away
                            adhibeo: use, apply, summon, make use, invite, put
                            quaero: miss, seek, inquire, ask, require, look for
                            repono :replace, lay, store, restore, place, put
                            constituo : fix, constitute, establish, appoint, set, set up
                            sepono: set apart, lay aside, banish, put, put apart, put aside
                            do : give, allocate, offer, bestow, grant, lend
                            coicio : fling, pile together, throw, conclude, devote, infer

Verb "To put " , lets continue as we are reading at previously examples does not matched personal name Stavros .
                            If we try with Macedon. language we will have this suggestion

"To put " is translated with "да стави" ( da stavi) because shortly
                            put means : стави (stavi)

You may check out for yourselves

Stavros

What we have is a description of some verbal actions .
                            Those verbal actions are describing that letter P - Ro been PUT at the middle of letter X
                            Again :
                            To Put- da stave , from PUT stavi
                            Name is created with verb PUT and letter P -pronounced Ro
                            In Macedonian situation is this:

Stave + Ro ~> StaveRo* adding meaningless suffix s we have got
                            Stavros .
                            Stavi Ro between X ( K`Si )

or
                            K`+Stavi +Ro+SI
                            We read
                            Kstavirosi*
                            or its outlet
                            Stavros

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
                              • Feb 2016

Chrestians and Christians

We might have two different terms from the beginning
                              1.Cross and the cross followers
                              2. Christ and Christ followers

300 AD, or some,
                              Emperor Constantine has recognized the Cross as symbol of his Empire .

Eastern Roman Empire the Cross symbol

Historical sources
                              according to Lactantius, Flavius Valerius Constantinus was visited by a dream the night before the battle, where in he was advised "to mark the heavenly sign of God on the shields of his soldiers ... by means of a slanted letter X with the top of its head bent round, he marked Christ on their shields."[1]

Lets check ;
                              Here is that symbol :

Explanation we read is that is about of superimposed ,not ordinary but Greek letters: "A monogram and symbol for Christ, consisting of the superimposed Greek letters chi (Χ) and rho (Ρ),often embroidered on altar cloths and clerical vestments. Also called Chrismon, Christogram..." [2]
                              [chi + rho, first two letters of Greek Khrīstos, Christ.] [3]
                              What is most than strange
                              Greeks today for the Cross will say ;Σταυρός
                              No need to add that Macedonian and all related modern languages of today for Cross will say:

Cross -Eng.

Krs -Maced.
                              Krst-Bulg.
                              Krst-Serb.
                              Kriz -Croat .

And no wonder because here is the root of that word .
                              Krs;
                              X-KS;
                              P-ro;
                              X + P ~> KS + Ro ~>
                              Ro in between K`S ~>
                              K Ro S...we read Kros .
                              Kros or Crossed ,because Ro is present crossed at the middle of dual K`S or X
                              two letters

Another words connected with word the Cross in Macedonian are and this :baptism baptize
                              Lets compare:
                              Macedonian :KRST- KRSTI KRSTENJE
                              English :The Cross, baptism baptize
                              Greek :STAVROS Váptisi vaftísei
                              Where the root for ever will be at letters
                              X Ro
                              KRoS

Such a strange ..

So,
                              when we have got a Cross symbol recognized as official state symbol we have to supposed its followers

if the word Chrest or KRS or KRST in Macedonians standing for the Cross, than what for word rest -tian could standing for ?
                              -tian or ian would be suffix what does explaining ... or being affiliated with a Cross .
                              Is it historically correct that Constantine firstly accepted the Cross symbol for his own, and for symbol of his Empire , and never accepted Christianity ?
                              Yes it is
                              Then we could state that difference between these two terms is that first term links to second one and that is term Christians.

What was Constantine's native language if indeed he was the grandson of a Danubian goat herder?
                              That indeed is interesting
                              Someone made this kind of point.
                              From Atlantic Ocean up to Persia it is none Latin language dialect.
                              And we are talking about Latin word roots.
                              Strange isn`t..
                              Last edited by Goce Homer MakeDonski; 04-05-2016, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Goce Homer MakeDonski
                                • Feb 2016

KRS instead of KRST

KRS instead of KRST

The first crucifix (a figure on a cross) is from the 5th or 6th or 7th century. Before that it appears that there was a LAMB on the cross. Besides the legend of Helena finding the One True Cross and Nails, which is obviously a FAKE legend, when does the cross appear in the archaeology?
                                Lets have this enter ...
                                If we read KRS instead of KRST ,then we could face another root word meaning difference .

Firstly I have to explain a bit
                                Word standing for Cross at my Macedonian is exposed with letter t as its ending.
                                Krst = Cross
                                And because it is so we analyzed for one more time .
                                KRS instead of KRST

What letters KRS could standing for ?
                                And according "to the voice Constantine had heard at its vision" as legends says :
                                "“By this sign, you shall conquer..." or "you shell been unbeatable..." up to the source, historically we need to not to forget , one more thing That`s appearing of the Church. As institution Church it does appear when Constantine recognized Christianity as official state religion .
                                Lets focus at the term Church and its word roots .

At Latin Church is Ecclesia,
                                At Greek - Ekklisía
                                At Macedonian is Црква
                                from
                                Черква
                                or using different orthography
                                Ts r k va
                                Ch e r k va .

If we hear for one more time pronunciations of symbol as CHI RO , we could agree that indeed it is CHI RO
                                and does mean what ?
                                CHI Ro

CHI RO
                                CHU RO

CHu Ro CH
                                Church of Course .
                                Where Chi Ro has got its word ending at letter Ch meaning or could mean
                                Chi ro + Ch
                                - follower

Back to my Macedonian
                                Черква
                                or using different orthography
                                Ts r k va
                                Ch e r k va .

from the root

KRS
                                We palatalized letters

K-> Ch
                                R
                                S ->K

So we have

K R S

Che R K

from

Chi Ro K

from
                                Chi Ro

At this way observed we could say yes they are two different terms trough history heaving two different meanings
                                First word is "Chrestian" meaning the Church followers , second one Christian meaning another thing ..

Ref:
                                1- Lactantius, De Mortibus Persecutorum 44.4–6, tr. J.L. Creed,Lactantius: De Mortibus Persecutorum (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1984), qtd. in Lenski, "Reign of Constantine" (CC), 71.
                                2- American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2011 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
                                Net links :
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constanti ... Early_life

Definition, Synonyms, Translations of Chi-Rho by The Free Dictionary

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/view ... %2FChi-Rho

Comment

Working...
                                X