X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Thank you.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Prolet
      • Sep 2009

Spolaj Ti Rogi, im having a look at it now

Cheers
      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
        • Oct 2009

Save the Date - UMD Gala Banquet - Melbourne - Feb. 20, 2010

Join us for an evening celebrating the 5th Anniversary of the United Macedonian Diaspora and UMD's operations in Australia

GALA BANQUET with special guest Mr. Metodija A. Koloski, President, UMD @ SHELDON RECEPTION in MELBOURNE (Sunshine)

In honour of Koloski’s visit to Australia, a Gala Banquet will be held on Saturday 20 February 2010 from 7.30 pm to mid-night at Sheldon Reception in Sunshine. All Macedonian clubs, associations, families, groups and individuals are welcome to purchase tickets for this exclusive event. Other special guests will be announced soon. You can expect great entertainment and great service in a friendly Macedonian atmosphere. The cost per ticket is $70 per person. Tickets can be purchased from Sheldon Reception on 03 9364 8222 or email [email protected].

Proceeds will go towards UMD operations in Australia for educational purposes.

For more information about UMD Australia, if you want to help with the event planning, please e-mail [email protected].
        For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
        http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
        Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
        Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
        Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Thanks for the update, I know many were waiting for confirmation of the date. I would like to ask a few things though;

1) What will be the agenda for the night?

2) Will there be another open-day where people can attend a Q&A session free of charge and raise issues, voice concerns, etc - Or is this pay-for-entry event the only opportunity for this?

Thanks in advance.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

SOM, Good Question

What is your expectation for this event??
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

I can't expect anything if I don't know what to expect, hence the reason why I asked for an agenda.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                • Jan 2009

UMDiaspora, there have been rumors and suggestions that your organization will be visiting other places in Australia besides Melbourne. What other places are you planning to visit?

When will you officially announce the date and venue of your visits to the other cities/towns in Australia (if that is the case)?

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                  • Oct 2009

Event

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  Thanks for the update, I know many were waiting for confirmation of the date. I would like to ask a few things though;

1) What will be the agenda for the night?

2) Will there be another open-day where people can attend a Q&A session free of charge and raise issues, voice concerns, etc - Or is this pay-for-entry event the only opportunity for this?

Thanks in advance.
                  The agenda is not yet completed, however, the format of the banquet will most likely be reception, speeches (an awards presentation perhaps to an Australian figure), and then entertainment.

To answer Big Bad Sven, there will be other events, which will be open-community free events, that will be announced at the end of this week, with an official flyer. We'll keep you posted.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Appreciate the follow up information, thanks.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                      • Oct 2009

Hans-Lothar Steppan on the Macedonian Question

YouTube - Hans-Lothar Steppan on the Macedonian question: Greece never possessed Macedonian territories before 1912-13

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                        • Dec 2009

Jesus

Putting the MPO 'on a leash' will cause resentment, that is not what needs to be done. Open dialogue must take place as the MPO interacts with other Macedonian groups, and determines if it is or isn't capable of standing by the Macedonian Cause as collectively defined by Macedonians from across the world and in all walks of life - Something we are trying to crystalise here, as RtG has pointed out.

Does the history of the MPO have negative elements? Of course it does. Can they be rectified? If there is a will there is a way, and I believe there is a will.
                        jesus christ, on his holy day, may his name live for many years to come. jesus was one, and look what he did with christianity. all you need is one to change MPO. not bad at all to engage them. bravo!

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                          • Dec 2009

name...

That does not erase the fact that at 1.39 mins on the ZMR clip, Meto says "we feel that perhaps a political modifier such as democratic might be more acceptable, only for international use, to get rid of this erroneous name, the former yugoslav Republic of Macedonia", and goes on to say the following at 2.21 mins on the same clip, "our organisation believes that a name should be found that is acceptable to both parties for bilateral reference, but I don't think a compromise on the international name is acceptable".

The comment at 1.39 mins is clear - Meto finds a political modifier acceptable for international use (I am assuming UN, EU, NATO) - Essentially, he therefore finds a name change acceptable in this respect. That is not a matter of opinion, it is a fact, and cannot be denied.

At the beginning of the comment at 2.21 mins, he states his belief that a bilateral name should be found with Greece. However, in the conclusion he is either contradicting his earlier statement, or making reference to the international name in dealings with nations that recognize Macedonia by her constitutional name.

So, if I am understanding this right, we would have the following scenario according to the suggestions that Meto (clearly) made:

1) Democratic Republic of Macedonia for international use in UN, EU and NATO
                          2) Upper Macedonia (for example) for bilateral use with Greece
                          3) Republic of Macedonia for constitutional and international use by countries willing to recognise Macedonia

If I am misunderstanding, please fill me in.

The UMD aren't there to be 'yes-men' for the Macedonian Government, they are there to forever remind them of the Macedonian Diaspora's presence and sentiment. If the Macedonian Government is showing signs of caving in, it is the UMD's job to assist them in staying on the right path, not to support a name change.

The bottom line, UMDiaspora.org, is that the president of an organisation that claims to represent the Macedonian Diaspora has made an error. Regardless of how many times it is re-interpreted, what he said was clear as day; regardless of whatever circumstances prevailed at the time, there should never have been a flinch from the UMD where it concerns our historic name, but there was. Acknowledge the errors of the past, don't defend them, and let's move on.

Rogi, I am not asking you to answer for others. What I asked was, do you believe I am misrepresenting the ZMR interview? Perhaps I should have said misunderstanding or misinterpreting, either way, would like to hear your opinion on it.
                          ahhh the mistakes of our compatriots for allowing us to take a name with the words 'former' and 'yugoslav'!!! now we the present generation has to undue this. i saw the zmr interview, and not going to defend it but here is what i will say to you and all here...

nekoy pamiten ne se nayde who would withdraw from these stupid negotiations on the un, and nobody has balls enough to withdraw macedonia's membership at the un and reapply as macedonia (makedonia)! im against a change to my name! i was not born in yugoslavia nor were my parents, nor were my grandparents. i dont want the word 'yugoslav' to describe the place i come from! no! no! so how do we change it? macedonia doesnt look like it will risk its membership at the un (frankly, there are no real benefits of un membership) so what do we do? macedonia remains in these negotiations - real politik! i know all the legal arguments, so spare me. macedonia knowingly all legal arguments signed the interim accord and entered in these negotiations. gruevski met with papandreou-idiot twice and reiterated that macedonia is committed to these negotiations. so if they are going to stay in the negotiations, what do we do to help them? i dont want the name north macedonia, then we will be northern macedonians, f*** no. im not sure where meto got the idea for 'democratic' but doesnt sound so bad to replace 'yugoslav' watch the rest of the interview, the guy seems to know what he is talking about. it is not perfect, but pretty darn good compared to what some other idiots in macedonia are saying, like crvenkapa. watching this interview i dont see how meto has compromised the macedonian cause.

now real politik, whatever, greeks will not accept anything less then northern macedonia for all use, so we know the issue wont get solved as gruevski wont sell out (i hope he wont! - so help him jesus if he does). macedonia needs to increase its alliances and lobby, friends friends. and let friends pressure grease, maybe this economic crisis. we, abroad, can help, so my question to all of you here is how can we help? we can push for ending all the negotiations all we want, but we'll still have a neighbor working against us and against our people in and out of grease. how do we help macedonia? macedonia now depends on greek money and starting soon a lot of bulgarian money, and serbian. albanians are going to overrun the country too...what do we do? i want to hear what you will say? how do we help AMHRC and UMD and others help macedonia? we need to solidify internal unity.

Comment

• TajnataKniga
                            • Dec 2009

has anyone seen this press release by UMD?

it looks like UMD announced the canadian recognition of macedonia's name before others, including the maso government. and UMD mentions other groups at the bottom of the press release. bravo! looks like in north america everyone is united. i read the census press release so ten organizations in the US are working together, and according to the above mentioned press release macedonians in canada are working together. bravo! maybe this is a step forward for our community?

Comment

• indigen
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by TajnataKniga View Post
                              has anyone seen this press release by UMD?

it looks like UMD announced the canadian recognition of macedonia's name before others, including the maso government.
                              Kniga, you act and perform like a UMD TROLL, IME!

If the MACEDONIAN DIASPORA is the hardest rock to crack in terms of accepting (swallowing) the "IC" RECONSTRUCTION AGENDA" for Macedonia and Macedonian ethno-national and linguistic identity and cultural heritage, it would make perfect sense to promote a QUISLING VRHOVIST (one-man band and a cheering squad) organisation (UNELECTED and UNREPRESENTATIVE) by various means, e.g. making it privy to certain information and giving it PR points. IC will build up certain personalities and organisations in a given struggle/political setting and try to UTILISE them to obtain desired outcome.

Secondly, the "IC" has many front organisations and servile servants doing its bidding inside RoM, too. These same structures can be used to also promote (impose) certain personalities and organisation in the Macedonian Diaspora in order to disable effective opposition to Macedonian Deconstruction that has been already enacted or about to be implemented.

As for North American Macedonian organisations, as far as I am aware, and I followed the 2001 deconstruction closely, only one organisation (the one led/represented by N. Oginar and S.Naumovski) publicly opposed the "peace negotiations" and the sellout "Framework Agreement" ("Ramkoven dogovor") that emerged from those same "negotiations". MAFA was not publicly opposed (now they have a couple of their former executive members in Mk government) and went along with the "peace agreement" and the bugaromani in MPO endorsed it. UM from Canada were opposed to the FA but never officially condemned it.

Comment

Working...
                              X