X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makedonche
    • Oct 2008

UMD
    Many thanks for your straightforward answer! I look forward to public announcements that reflect those answers. I fully support the UMD's ideals and efforts to unify all Macedonians. I trust UMD do not take offence at being asked such questions as it is better coming from one of us - being resolved - then put out in public with the ability/credibility to respond already having been tested and proven! I feel it is absolutely critical that we are able to question each others views and opinions on this forum without fear of retribution and also without interference from external facist sources.
    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Pelister
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
      Phoenix, Thats not true at all you are as much Macedonian as anybody from Vardarska,Egejska or Pirinska Makedonija it makes no difference just because you live in another continent doesnt make you or me any less Macedonian remember that. We as Macedonians in the diaspora have every right to be represented world wide that is why there are embassies we have diplomats who represent us as a minority.

We all have family in Stari Kraj and rightfully we are entitled to vote, just like any other minorities in the world. Australians from the UK vote in elections in Australia, Russians from USA vote in Russian Parliamentary and Presidential Elections, not to mentions Serbs,Croats etc we are no different.
      He has a point Prolet.

The point is that UMD are in talks and meetings with our leaders, and yet who do they represent ?

I am part of the Macedonian Diaspora but UMD calls for a name change, various calls for a compromise do not represent my views or the 99% of Macedonians I have spoken to.

UMD has FAILED REJECT THE NEGOTIATIONS, AND IT HAS DONE NOTHING TO END THEM.

We are talking about a FRAMEWORK HERE that is bent on our extinction and UMD have been milking it for all its worth. This point alone makes them fundamentally anti-Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
        Phoenix, Thats not true at all you are as much Macedonian as anybody from Vardarska,Egejska or Pirinska Makedonija it makes no difference just because you live in another continent doesnt make you or me any less Macedonian remember that. We as Macedonians in the diaspora have every right to be represented world wide that is why there are embassies we have diplomats who represent us as a minority.

We all have family in Stari Kraj and rightfully we are entitled to vote, just like any other minorities in the world. Australians from the UK vote in elections in Australia, Russians from USA vote in Russian Parliamentary and Presidential Elections, not to mentions Serbs,Croats etc we are no different.
        Prolet I know what you're saying...as Macedonians we have an equal value...my point was directed to UMD because I feel that sometimes they're happy to represent us, while other times they're happy to let us go in on our own so to speak.

The onus is on our diaspora organizations to fully support the views we share outside of Macedonia because at the end of the day the greatest loss will be to the diaspora. Nobody can force the Macedonians in the Republic to change the name of their identity but here in the diaspora we will be screwed at every turn if we dont 'abide' by the final 'compromise' solution...

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

I really hope Macedonians gradually come to learn what this Trajkovski'ist organization is really all about.
          Pelister, Boris Trajkovski died before the UMD was formed, why do you make such allegations? You have gone too far with your allegations, its one thing to be critical and to make a point however this has gone too far and will only destabilize us, we have enough enemies out there we dont need to be attacking eachother.

UMD, I just dont think MPO can be trusted however as the old saying goes keep your friends close keep your enemies closer, the MPO needs to be put on a leash thats for sure.
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Putting the MPO 'on a leash' will cause resentment, that is not what needs to be done. Open dialogue must take place as the MPO interacts with other Macedonian groups, and determines if it is or isn't capable of standing by the Macedonian Cause as collectively defined by Macedonians from across the world and in all walks of life - Something we are trying to crystalise here, as RtG has pointed out.

Does the history of the MPO have negative elements? Of course it does. Can they be rectified? If there is a will there is a way, and I believe there is a will.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

SOM, Putting them on a leash i mean by giving them limited activities within our movement, have them be involved with the name dispute however limit their activities for Cultural and other things for obvious reasons if they claim to be representing our people then they shouldnt be allowed to do what they like somebody needs to control them, let them help out with the relief fund for the Jovan Bigorski Manastir that was burned down etc etc
              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

They can do much more than that, and they are capable of it too. I think what you're trying to say is more akin to 'honing' their potential to get the maximum positive results for Macedonia and the Macedonian people. The MPO has old roots and still has an influence over Macedonians in the Americas, they should help out when and where they can, and the more in-line they fall (along with all other Macedonian groups) the better it is for all of us. Certainly there are trust issues that need to be cleared up, but as we have seen, such issues affect even the UMD and other groups. The Macedonians are a patriotic people, if we are shown transparency and trust, we will back our groups all of the way, but given our recent history, even a hint of mistrust or lack of transparency can bring back memories of former traitors, so we are ruthless in our criticism, as we should be.

However, first thing is first, they need to address the Bulgarophile elements in their history and organisation, and re-define their cause to make it clear - Macedonians or other - There is no middle ground for compromise on that point. As I said before, I hope they can achieve this and use their potential for the good of the Macedonian people.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• indigen
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                  We disagree, but you have your opinion. UMD has shown above and beyond maturity but every single thread on every single forum is being taken over with this character Pelister/Paul's false accusations. UMD has never called for a name change, never, and it never will, PERIOD.
                  Pelister/Paul, as have Vangelovski, Avramovski, and many others, has raised some very pertinent issues of concern regarding your foggy ideological mindset on matters relating to Macedonia and the Macedonian cause.

The following is another example of foggy ideology (excerpted from MMM Yahoo Groups]:

Predavnickiot Ohridski 2001!?
                  Boris Trajkovski Predavnik?

[Meto]"..Gospodinot N., ve molam da ni objasnite detalno zoshto go razchunate pokojniot pretsedatel za predavnik?..."

Sun Aug 29, 2004

K,

Smetam deka dovolno ima objasnuvanja vo tekstot koj bese objaven vo Makedonija vo avgust 2001 godina!

Ti preporacuvam da go procitas Predavnickiot Dogovor i da go sporedis so stariot Ustav na Republika Makedonija i ke go dobies odgovorot!

Pozdrav

Zdravo X,

Moram da ti odgovoram na prasanjeto iako e upateno do X./ Od Boris Trajkovski napravivme heroj vo amerikanski stil. Dali covek ednas ke bide predavnik ili sto pati, ne pravi nikakva razlika. Megju mnogute grevovi sto gi ima (se nadevam deka vecno ke gori vo pekolot, ako go ima) e primanjeto na stotici iljadi izbeglici od [Kosovo] koi potoa grupno dobivaa makedonsko drzavjanstvo, potoa neobjavuvanjeto na voena sostojba koga vo Makedonija ubavo bese razgorena vojnata, treto priznavanjeto na shiptarskiot univerzitet vo Mala Recica itn, itn. Prasaj gi site onie majki, sestri i drugi rodnini koi zaradi negovoto "nepredavstvo" se zavitkani vo crno, koi ostanaa bez pokriv nad glavata, vecito da gi nosat luznite na vojnata (nekolku mladi momcinja izvrsija samoubistvo zasto bea siluvani od celi siptarski bandi. Toa se samo nekolkute raboti za koi javno se znae, a kojznae kolku gi ima onie za koi ne znaeme. Gospod neka mu e na pomos.

Pozdrav

x.x.

Eve sto napisav za Predavnickiot Dogovor koga se potpisuvase i sto ke proizleze od nego. Denes skoro celosno se implementira, za zal!

[http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...&postcount=20]

N.

----------

Shto e Ohridskiot ramkoven dogovor? Iznuden akt na kapitulatcija na porazena strana

And Trajkovski from a TRAITOR to Macedonians is transformed into a hero by UMD (and Meto):

UMD Remembers President Trajkovski

May he rest in peace and may he be remembered for the good that he did for Macedonia, the Macedonian people, and the world! Bog da go prosti!

Wed Aug 25, 2004

"Metodija A. Koloski" <MKoloski@...>
                  mkoloski2000

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!
                  ---------

Teshka da im e zemjata na predavnicite i dushmanite na Makedoncite!
                  Last edited by indigen; 12-30-2009, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                    UMD, Prime Minister Gruevski has the primary obligation to serve the citizens of Macedonia, I am not a citizen of Macedonia...I'm part of the diaspora community which is represented by organizations like yours.

The diaspora communicate through your organization and others, it is you (and others) that have the primary responsibility to represent us and our views...I think its of paramount importance that you in your representative role reflect the views of the diaspora, therefor any questions regarding your strategy will be directed toward you and not Prime Minister Gruevski.
                    Prime Minister Gruevski represents all Macedonians whether citizens or not. He is at the helm of our homeland Macedonia. The Diaspora has the right to vote now, and the Diaspora will have three Parliament seats, so we deserve just as much attention to our concerns as the citizens in the country.
                    For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                    http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                    Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                    Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                    Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• osiris
                      • Sep 2008

good question
                      The point is that UMD are in talks and meetings with our leaders, and yet who do they represent ?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Rogi, you don't wish to provide your opinion as politely requested?
                        Rogi, I am not asking you to answer for others. What I asked was, do you believe I am misrepresenting the ZMR interview? Perhaps I should have said misunderstanding or misinterpreting, either way, would like to hear your opinion on it.

Comment

• Prolet
                          • Sep 2009

Rogi, you don't wish to provide your opinion as politely requested?
                          Good Question SOM, i want to hear his opinion too

Comment

• Rogi
                            • Sep 2008

I have done so already numerous times on this forum as well as on the Maknews forum.

I stated then, as I do now, that what was said in that interview, specifically the suggestions of potential new names for Macedonia goes against Macedonia's national interest and the views that I hold as a Macedonian and against the views of the absolute majority of the Macedonian Diaspora and furthermore against the positions of the United Macedonian Diaspora at the time (and now, as far as I am aware).

The consideration of a name change, let alone the suggestion of potentially acceptable names (acceptable to whom?) is the opposite of what anyone advocating for the Macedonian cause and the Macedonian national interest should be doing.

I had a problem with it then, I have a problem with that interview now, and I took that up personally with Meto at the time and have done so a number of times. Until a very recent post on the maknews forum, where it was suggested again that Macedonia might accept a name change as a 'last resort', I was undoubtedly sure that the same position as indicated by the video interview, was no longer held.
                            Last edited by Rogi; 01-04-2010, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi
                              I have done so already numerous times on this forum as well as on the Maknews forum.
                              I don't recall reading it here.
                              Until a very recent post on the maknews forum, where it was suggested again that Macedonia might accept a name change as a 'last resort', I was undoubtedly sure that the same position as indicated by the video interview, was no longer held.
                              Thanks for the response, if you have a link to the relevant suggestion it would be great.

Comment

• Rogi
                                • Sep 2008

The thread on the maknews forum to which I referred can be found here

Comment

Working...
                                X