Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UMDiaspora.org
    • Oct 2009

Now that we have answered your questions, please wait for the UMD Policy Statements which will be published in a few more short weeks.

Makedonche and Phoenix - when was the last time you wrote a letter to Prime Minister Gruevski to answer these questions?
    For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
    http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
    Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
    Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
    Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• makgerman
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
      Makgerman, we are not 100% sure, but we believe that there is a law in Greece that states children of parents of Greek birth can apply for citizenship as well. Have your parents applied for citizenship?
      UMD only one of my parents was born in Greece and hasn't applied for citizenship due to his health. My grandparents and uncles have passed away. My father, aunt and three of my oldest cousins are the remainder who are alive and have been born in German.

I know that none of them have applied and will make them aware of it if they haven't already been informed.
      Last edited by makgerman; 12-29-2009, 09:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
        • Oct 2009

Sorry about your parent's health. Hope they get better!

Please encourage them to apply, you can submit the application on their behalf. Actually, all Macedonians who are born in Greece should have their Greek citizenship.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
          • Oct 2009

Petition about the Name

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Makedonche and Phoenix - when was the last time you wrote a letter to Prime Minister Gruevski to answer these questions?
            Great Question UMDiaspora.org.
            So great in fact that I feel it is worthy of a little attention in a new sticky called Macedonian Prime Minister's Letterbox.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Now that we have answered your questions, please wait for the UMD Policy Statements which will be published in a few more short weeks.

UMD, Prime Minister Gruevski has the primary obligation to serve the citizens of Macedonia, I am not a citizen of Macedonia...I'm part of the diaspora community which is represented by organizations like yours.

The diaspora communicate through your organization and others, it is you (and others) that have the primary responsibility to represent us and our views...I think its of paramount importance that you in your representative role reflect the views of the diaspora, therefor any questions regarding your strategy will be directed toward you and not Prime Minister Gruevski.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Good point Phoenix, but I still see the merit in giving some thought about what we would like to know directly from Macedonia's Prime Minister.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelister
                  • Sep 2008

Why not petition to end the negotiations.

That would be far more effective, and why doesn't UMD reject the negotiations ?

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    Good point Phoenix, but I still see the merit in giving some thought about what we would like to know directly from Macedonia's Prime Minister.
                    Absolutely Risto, you know the merits of eliminating the middle-man so to speak...

Sometimes I feel that UMD likes to have "a bob each way"...I felt Makedonche's questions deserved a prompt reply as they're typical of the opinions of the wider community and how we're represented...

This is an issue of how we're represented as a 'powerful bloc' that can influence or guide the Macedonian Government.

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Pelister raises an important point.

We need to move beyond the name 'issue', if we really believe that this is non-negotiable.

If there's nothing to talk about, we need to focus on the next issue at hand and that's to put closure on the circus that is orchestrated to undermine our identity by discussing our identity with second and third party clowns...

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

Pelister, do you want a medal? We believe you've set the Guiness on attacks on UMD and Meto Koloski.

What is wrong with MPO joining the Coalition? If they want to help increase the number of counted Macedonians in the Census, that's fine with us. Check out MPO's website, they posted the same press release: http://macedonian.org/media/census2010.asp Do they write anywhere that people should report "Bulgarian" on the Census? No! The Macedonian Orthodox Church is technically a part of the Coalition, as the Bishop gave his blessing. Does that mean the MOC is in bed with MPO? Give it a break. You have nothing better to do than make up BS.

Pelister - form your own organization and do some work. We need more active organizations in the world, Macedonia can use all the help it can get. Ajde da vidime sto mozes da napravis osven kritiki da davas? Ne ni treba baba zhabi, ni treba rabota.

I'll take the Guiness record thankyou.

I have been active in the local community for a long time. Much longer than UMD has been around.

I find your statements about a name change, as well as the numerous statement UMD have made for our admission to NATO as FYROM, nuaseating to say the least. The problem is the President won't admit it. The other problem UMD would rather put some kind of SPIN on these comments to suggest that it did not actually mean what it said. That is evidence of knowing how to bullshit well, and cover your mistakes.

The problem with UMD is you do not know a thing about Macedonian history and culture or what older generation Macedonians have actually gone through. UMD refues to publicly reject a framework that has been invalidating Macedonians from the very begginning. In a statement UMD made it asked for a "suspencion" to the talks on the basis that Greek was not serious about finding a solution. More evidence that UMD is fully behind a compromise solution.

Your close ties to MPO are an insult to the older generation of Macedonians.

One thing I am certain of is that you can't think for yourselves, and have perfected the art of bullshitting which is what is needed in your line of work as well as the duplicity that goes along with it. I fully understand that. UMD have actually done nothing but issues press releases and statements calling for a name change, then not calling for a name change.

MPO is a pro-Bulgarian organization. It always has been. My concern is that UMD board members have very close ties and associations with the Bulgarians at MPO.

What does UMD mean by "Integration" ?
                        Last edited by Pelister; 12-29-2009, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Pelister
                          • Sep 2008

What has UMD done to end the negotiations ? NOTHING.

What will it do ? NOTHING.

All the unanswered question many Macedonians have about UMD will remain.

You may be able to suck in some unsuspecting Macedonians with all of your high-brow bullshit, palm-pressing and velvety press releases, but your statements calling for a name change, a compromise solution and your full support for Greece within the framework of these negotations is all the Evidence I need. Till next time.

Comment

• Pelister
                            • Sep 2008

Som Wrote: That does not erase the fact that at 1.39 mins on the ZMR clip, Meto says "we feel that perhaps a political modifier such as democratic might be more acceptable, only for international use, to get rid of this erroneous name, the former yugoslav Republic of Macedonia", and goes on to say the following at 2.21 mins on the same clip, "our organisation believes that a name should be found that is acceptable to both parties for bilateral reference, but I don't think a compromise on the international name is acceptable".

The comment at 1.39 mins is clear - Meto finds a political modifier acceptable for international use (I am assuming UN, EU, NATO) - Essentially, he therefore finds a name change acceptable in this respect. That is not a matter of opinion, it is a fact, and cannot be denied.
                            Here is ANOTHER statement made by the President of UMD calling for a compromise to our name.

I"m am only interested in what UMD ARE SAYING.

I really hope Macedonians gradually come to learn what this Trajkovski'ist organization is really all about.

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              UMD, Prime Minister Gruevski has the primary obligation to serve the citizens of Macedonia, I am not a citizen of Macedonia...I'm part of the diaspora community which is represented by organizations like yours.

The diaspora communicate through your organization and others, it is you (and others) that have the primary responsibility to represent us and our views...I think its of paramount importance that you in your representative role reflect the views of the diaspora, therefor any questions regarding your strategy will be directed toward you and not Prime Minister Gruevski.

Phoenix, Thats not true at all you are as much Macedonian as anybody from Vardarska,Egejska or Pirinska Makedonija it makes no difference just because you live in another continent doesnt make you or me any less Macedonian remember that. We as Macedonians in the diaspora have every right to be represented world wide that is why there are embassies we have diplomats who represent us as a minority.

We all have family in Stari Kraj and rightfully we are entitled to vote, just like any other minorities in the world. Australians from the UK vote in elections in Australia, Russians from USA vote in Russian Parliamentary and Presidential Elections, not to mentions Serbs,Croats etc we are no different.
                              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Pelister
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                                Pelister raises an important point.

We need to move beyond the name 'issue', if we really believe that this is non-negotiable.

If there's nothing to talk about, we need to focus on the next issue at hand and that's to put closure on the circus that is orchestrated to undermine our identity by discussing our identity with second and third party clowns...
                                Thanks Phoenix.

All this rubbish about name change, no name change.

The ISSUE is that we have engaged a framework, or we have engaged terms that call for our extinction which is designed to "fast-track" our so called INTEGRATION (i.e., extinction as a ethnic based Nationality). We have not been able to defend oursleves in a neutral forum - our history, our identity, the Greek invasion, Greek atrocities committed against us, occupation, negation HAVE ALL BE BYPASSED DELIBERATELY. These recent historical actions have been given legitimacy by the current process.

The Macedonians need to say STOP. Before we do anything lets address the PAST, because only when Greeks accept that there are Macedonians beneath its colonial propoganda will we be on the path to reconciliation.

UMD don't give a shit about that. All they care about is our "Integration" into the E.U and NATO clubs through the current negotiations.

That is why they will never do anything to end the negotiations. The existence of that organization depends on the negotiations continuing. Opportunists is all they are.

Comment

Working...
                                X