X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • I of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Macedonian-Turkish relations

Utrinski Vesnik: Turkish airlines to become Macedonia’s national carrier?

Skopje. Turkish TAV airlines, which won the concession on the airports in Macedonia, is now lobbying for the Turkish airlines to become the new national airline of Macedonia, local Utrinski Vesnik daily informs.
    The newspaper remarks that after setting foot in Macedonia, TAV declared it wishes to bring a company that will have a Macedonian name. According to the Turkish company, this is the only way to turn the Macedonian airports competitive with the others in the region and provide cheap tickets for the citizens.

No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun
  • fyrOM
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

I heard a story a long time ago that Singapore Airlines wanted Skopje airport to be upgraded to be able to land the larger type jets and become a hub for the region. Apparently the Singaporeans funded the project but somehow the Macedonians ran out of money and the project was abandoned. The Singaporeans somehow could not keep up with Macedonian mathematics. So haha it does not surprise me the Turks want to expand their operations. The Greeks apparently have already registered the copyright to the name Macedonian Airlines. Makes you wonder are there any Macedonian patriots in Macedonia or have they all abandoned the place to go to the diaspora.

Comment

• Frank
      Banned
      • Mar 2010

This is bad really bad as a nation you need to in fact you must have your very own national Airline it is like casting a national Football team of forigners and basing it in another Country.

Comment

• Prolet
        • Sep 2009

Frank, It will be a Macedonian Company that will be foreign owned, If Turkish Airlines buys out JAT it will be no different.

Quantas is not owned by Australians, it was privatized a long time ago but its still seen by many as an Australian Carrier. Whats different?
        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
          • Nov 2009

What happened to our previous national carrier MAT Macedonian Airlines Transportation ?

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

They lost their license
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Pelister
              • Sep 2008

It doesn't bother me. In fact I see benefits all round.

If the Turks have billions of dollars invested in Macedonia, it actually makes it a safer place. I have heard that part of the deal would involve the Turks spending hundreds of millions of dollars to upgrade the Skopje airport.

We have a huge economy, and a powerful military country that defends our interests.

Because the Turks are fiercely loyal it would not hurt the country to have more Turks there.

I would welcome a more powerful Turkish presence in Macedonia, however ironic it may be.

Comment

• Stojacanec
                • Dec 2009

At this stage it makes sense if Turkey wants a joint venture with Macedonia for air transport.

The business would be good for Skopje and the rest of Macedonia.

Comment

• fyrOM
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2010

I am not against Turkish investment but you don’t offer your best industries for foreign operations. We should have kept 1 bank 1 telecom 1 power and 1 airline. The cream comes from these industries. Foreign investment in your cream industries should only ever be made where there is an absolute financial need or strategic advantage and even then only in partnership upto 49 percent and never totally owned. In good times nobody notices any difference yet in bad times the higher-ups hope nobody notices the political part in so called economic decisions. I cant remember which company it was during the recession we had to have but I can recall on the USA morning news the governor of the state where this company was based was putting pressure on the company to make fewer job cuts there and shift the job cuts to their world wide operations even though the company originally made their decision purely on economic factors effecting their world wide operations. Sekogas boli za doma prven. The points made by others so far are still valid but can equally be served by a partnership rather than total takeover.

Comment

• Frank
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2010

It will be a Macedonian Company that will be foreign owned, If Turkish Airlines buys out JAT it will be no different.
                    The is good to hear a far better result then I thought.

Comment

• Mastika
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                      I would welcome a more powerful Turkish presence in Macedonia, however ironic it may be.
                      Go back 100 years. Just a thought.

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

There were no planes 100 years ago, we can go back 60 years and the Germans were Nazis.

Comment

• Mastika
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by prolet View Post
                          there were no planes 100 years ago, we can go back 60 years and the germans were nazis.
                          Само сакав да коментирам како се врти кругот.

Comment

• Prolet
                            • Sep 2009

Ami sea da bea tolku loshi Turcine site ke bevme Muslimani, kako i da e 100 godini mnogu menuvaat vo istorija.

Comment

• Pelister
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                              Ami sea da bea tolku loshi Turcine site ke bevme Muslimani, kako i da e 100 godini mnogu menuvaat vo istorija.
                              For all of their evils in the past, and its all relative the Greeks were far worse, and presently Turkey is THE regional power and a staunch ally and friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X