• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voltron
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
    Thank you Voltron, but you have made a little mistake, in the last sentence it is written BULGAROPHRONE not Bulgarophone, meaning Bulgar leaning not Bulgar sounding.
    lol, Il be damned there is a " r " in there. How did you come about the meaning Daksalot ? You know some Greek ?

George, To answer your question. I didnt notice the small intro in the beginning of the Interview. Like I said I thought it was all covered.

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
      yeah what's taking so long to translate it??
      George it is already done, just look above. He just did not know which part I was referring to.
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
        lol, Il be damned there is a " r " in there. How did you come about the meaning Daksalot ? You know some Greek ?

George, To answer your question. I didnt notice the small intro in the beginning of the Interview. Like I said I thought it was all covered.
        It is easy to miss, yes I do know some Greek. Is my translation of 'phrones' correct?

Comment

• Voltron
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

yes, its more or less correct. Keep it up !

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Thank you Voltron, but you have made a little mistake, in the last sentence it is written BULGAROPHRONE not Bulgarophone, meaning Bulgar leaning not Bulgar sounding.
            It makes sense especially when you take a quote from Karev him self,

[NIKOLA KAREV] -My answer is that the Committee is not Bulgarian, and second, it seems that we lean towards Bulgaria
            because only they seem to be willing to help us.

And on top of that, was it not the Greek PM at the time concerned about the influence (Help) of Bulgaria which made him say something along the lines of "If Bulgaria wins, Macedonia will become Bulgarian, if Greece wins, Macedonia will become Greek". Its possible he was talking about a PR war.

So clearly he was troubled by the Bulgarian assistance and the affect it had on Macedonians who showed gratitude (Lean) towards Bulgarians.
            Last edited by Bill77; 07-07-2011, 05:42 AM.
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Daskalot
              • Sep 2008

Bill thank you for your input, yes it was all a propaganda war.

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

In what language was this interview conducted? The interview is entered in Greek in Ion's book but was it conducted in Greek as well? Or was it conducted in Turkish or even Macedonian? What are your opinions on this?

Comment

• Voltron
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2011

In what language was this interview conducted? The interview is entered in Greek in Ion's book but was it conducted in Greek as well? Or was it conducted in Turkish or even Macedonian? What are your opinions on this?
                  We can rule out Turkish, I cant see for the life of me why it would be in Turkish.

What I would like to know is who is Tasku Kvata (owner) and what ethnic background he is.

Comment

• Daskalot
                    • Sep 2008

We can rule out Turkish, I cant see for the life of me why it would be in Turkish.

What I would like to know is who is Tasku Kvata (owner) and what ethnic background he is.
                    I have a feeling that Tasku is of Vlach origin. Likewise for the guy from Krushevo.
                    Why not Turkish? Ion was a diplomat in the Ottoman Empire.

Comment

• Voltron
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2011

Would Karev known Turkish ?

Ok here comes my next question. Why would a Vlach call Karev a Bulgarian ?

Comment

• Daskalot
                        • Sep 2008

Would Karev known Turkish ?

Ok here comes my next question. Why would a Vlach call Karev a Bulgarian ?
                        He probabely would have.
                        A Vlach belonging to the Patriarchate would most likely call a Macedonian who belongs to the Exarchate a Bulgarian.
                        But we have also the reference 'thickheaded' as in simple and uneducated, thus implying a peasant. Two possible explanations, what are yours?

Comment

• Voltron
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

The term "thickheaded" has often been used to refer to Bulgarians. The Greeks also use that stereotype when they refer to Bulgarians. Regarding your explanation, Are you saying that religous identification was used at the time and not ethnic ?

Comment

• Daskalot
                            • Sep 2008

The term "thickheaded" has often been used to refer to Bulgarians. The Greeks also use that stereotype when they refer to Bulgarians. Regarding your explanation, Are you saying that religous identification was used at the time and not ethnic ?
                            Would you care to explaine why Greeks did this? Were all Bulgarians really 'thickheaded', or does this label stem from somewhere else?
                            And yes a Vlach belonging to the Patriarchate would most likely call him or herself a Greek as a Muslim Macedonian would most likely call him or herself a Turk.

Comment

• Voltron
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2011

Its a stereotype, They probably were known for being thickheaded.
                              Although I will try to dig up info on how that term was born.

If this Vlach did belong to the Patriarch why the heck is his name Tasku ?!
                              Shouldnt it be a Greek name ? Tassos ? lol.

Comment

• Daskalot
                                • Sep 2008

Maybe, our discussion relating to the ethnicity of Tasku is hypothetical. Until we have some evidence, we really do not know, but there are some things pointing in that direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X