X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
    Yeah, its facilities are so great that we have Turks flooding our islands in Kefallonia, Cyclades and even one sorry bastard that wanted to buy a few.
    Surely these Turks must be visiting Greece just for a laugh. But most likely, they just want some quiet time in a ghost town away from the massive amount of tourists Turkey get.

Rank Country International tourist arrivals
    1 France 76.8 million
    2 United States 59.7 million
    3 China 55.7 million
    4 Spain 52.7 million
    5 Italy 43.6 million
    6 United Kingdom 28.1 million
    7 Turkey 27.0 million
    8 Germany 26.9 million
    9 Malaysia 24.6 million
    10 Mexico 22.4 million

Turkey Ranked 7th in the world at 27.0 million (More than Greece's total population). Up 1.5 million from the previous year (2009).

Originally posted by Onur
    Voltron, we got same beaches and same sun in Turkey and with higher quality facilities in vast lands, much bigger and better than Greece can offer.
    Must be the case, according to the above stats.

I think Turkey is the biggest threat to Greece. Why? Greece can only depend on Tourism and nothing else.........(oh and olives).
    Now with Turkey stealing tourism away from Greece and numbers are growing, i think Greece are in bigger trouble than voltron thinks. And it will get even worse the more the world finds out about the fake Greek history.
    Last edited by Bill77; 07-08-2011, 07:16 AM.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Voltron
      Banned
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
      Surely these Turks must be visiting Greece just for a laugh. But most likely, they just want some quiet time in a ghost town away from the massive amount of tourists Turkey get.

1 France 76.8 million
      3 China 55.7 million
      4 Spain 52.7 million
      5 Italy 43.6 million
      7 Turkey 27.0 million
      8 Germany 26.9 million
      9 Malaysia 24.6 million
      10 Mexico 22.4 million

Turkey Ranked 7th in the world at 27.0 million (More than Greece's total population). Up 1.5 million from the previous year (2009).

Bill, for once I willl take your advice.

Whatever.....

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post

1 France 76.8 million
        3 China 55.7 million
        4 Spain 52.7 million
        5 Italy 43.6 million
        7 Turkey 27.0 million
        8 Germany 26.9 million
        9 Malaysia 24.6 million
        10 Mexico 22.4 million

I think Turkey is the biggest threat to Greece. Why? Greece can only depend on Tourism and nothing else.........(oh and olives).
        Now with Turkey stealing tourism away from Greece and numbers are growing, i think Greece are in bigger trouble than voltron thinks. And it will get even worse the more the world finds out about the fake Greek history.
        Just as i thought voltron,

Don't you get sick of being proven wrong and getting caught out lying?
        You guys should be masters at it by now.

Comment

• Voltron
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

Bill, I dont know whats your beef with me, but this topic has to do with Greece exploding which Im sure interests many here.

If Ezel wants to discuss tourism than by all means open up a new thread.
          Aside from that I really dont know what else to say.

Comment

• Onur
            • Apr 2010

Greek tourism is already is not on the same level with Turkey for the last ~15 years. As far as i see from the stats, about 14 million tourists comes to Greece every year and even tiny Croatia gonna surpass them next year or so with 12 million tourists currently. Ofc tourist numbers and revenue will drop for Greece, cuz no one desires to go to an holiday in a place where riot took place and molotov cocktails thrown to the banks.

Olive? Spain, Italy and Turkey has same quality olive oil as Greece since it`s a mediterranean tree, not specific to Greece. All in all, Spaniards, Italians and Turks can do better in all areas than Greeks does.

So, i believe that for the last 20-25 years, Greek economy has become totally dependant to the EU and their funds. After the cold war ended, Greece is no longer that much valuable for western world and they cant use it as some kind of barrier to the Turkey anymore. And after the global crisis, they just discarded them and all of a sudden, Greece is like a 5 year old kid who lost his mother in the middle of a big street now. I don't expect Greece to recover for few generations and when they recover, they wont be like the Greece of 1990-2000s. They can be more like Greece in early 1980s, b4 they became EU member.
            Last edited by Onur; 07-08-2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• SirGeorge8600
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Onur View Post
              with higher quality facilities
              The facilities in Greece and Turkey suck. Period. I've been to both countries' hotels (even a few five star) and they are simply nothing compared to those of Italy, France, the UK, or Germany.

Comment

• SirGeorge8600
                • Jun 2011

I believe the people of this thread are associating nationalism with economics to much, which simply creates non-sensual and illogical judgements. A problem with Greece isn't laziness, and tourism certainly isn't what will help the Turkish or Greek economy.

@Bill, you realize Greece is smaller than Turkey, right? Greece couldn't even support 27 million people in it's Hotels, even if it had the wealth of Atlantis. It would be like me comparing Turkey's tourism to France's, when we know that they're in two completely different leagues.

@Onur, I'd be more than happy to bring an Italian and French here to tell you they are more superior than "little" Turkey since their countries have more tourists.

Comment

• Onur
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by SirGeorge8600 View Post
                  @Onur, I'd be more than happy to bring an Italian and French here to tell you they are more superior than "little" Turkey since their countries have more tourists.
                  George, i didn't say that Turkey is in the same league with France, USA in terms of tourism. I said, Turkey is not in same league with Greece for the last ~15 years.

Besides that, neither Turkey nor Greece cannot be in same league with France, USA, Germany in any terms. To be able to do that, we would be the "bringers of democracy" to the Iraq, Afghanistan and to the other oil rich states in middle-east. We would be the one who bombs Libya instead of France. I mean, a country like Turkey cannot match with any great powers as long as we don't have semi-colonies, protectorates to leech their energy sources. If one day Turkey starts to talk about "bringing democracy" and bombs around, then we can talk about being the same league with them, capish?

Comment

• Zarni
                    Banned
                    • May 2011

Ottoman you will be pleased to know Turks are already buying Greek real estate 3 Islands just went to rich turkish business men in the last few days

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

@Bill, you realize Greece is smaller than Turkey, right? Greece couldn't even support 27 million people in it's Hotels, even if it had the wealth of Atlantis.
                      Well it sounds like you are saying "what do you expect" therefor you agree with me (because of the size of Turkey compared to Greece), Turkey has higher quality facilities in vast lands, much bigger and better than Greece can offer.Was this not the original argument voltron was denying?

Voltron, we got same beaches and same sun in Turkey and with higher quality facilities in vast lands, much bigger and better than Greece can offer.
                      Originally posted by Voltron View Post
                      Yeah, its facilities are so great that we have Turks flooding our islands in Kefallonia, Cyclades and even one sorry bastard that wanted to buy a few.
                      Notice the sarcasm in voltron? If he stops being silly, i would not have to waist time posting stats.
                      Last edited by Bill77; 07-08-2011, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Onur
                        • Apr 2010

Bill, there is one more thing.

Yes, having more coast lines, beaches and vast lands are advantages for tourism but what about Croatia? Croatia is much smaller than Greece with 4 million population, 1/3rd of Greece and they have no islands unlike Greece but they host about 12 million tourists every year and it`s increasing even more while Greece only hosts about 14 million while they have much bigger lands than them plus 100s of islands in Aegean.

Comment

• SirGeorge8600
                          • Jun 2011

Besides that, neither Turkey nor Greece cannot be in same league with France, USA, Germany in any terms. To be able to do that, we would be the "bringers of democracy" to the Iraq, Afghanistan and to the other oil rich states in middle-east. We would be the one who bombs Libya instead of France. I mean, a country like Turkey cannot match with any great powers as long as we don't have semi-colonies, protectorates to leech their energy sources. If one day Turkey starts to talk about "bringing democracy" and bombs around, then we can talk about being the same league with them, capish?
                          Exquisite view I must say.

As for Croatia I'm using this as my source: http://mkt.unwto.org/sites/all/files...ghts11enlr.pdf

If Greece returns to the drachma, would tourist rates not go up since it would be a cheap tourist destination once more?

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

If Greece returns to the drachma, would tourist rates not go up since it would be a cheap tourist destination once more?
                            Good point. It definitely would be cheaper. But keep in mind, cheaper is not necessarily better. What i mean is, what would the standard be like after your country defaults and the mighty Euro is no longer in circulation.

From what i hear coming from Greeks and fyromians (dirty Macedonians who are willing and happy to sell their identity) all this time is the Euro and EU are the bees knees and us Macedonians are a third world country because we are not part of it.

Comment

• Phoenix
                              • Dec 2008

Nothing that greece does in terms of defaulting or changing currencies is going to change the simple fact that modern greece is well and truly fucked.

At the end of the day you can package a turd a million different ways but when you open the packaging, the contents are always the same.

'greek' society requires a cultural shift of seismic magnitude for it to be reformed as a viable and responsible member of the world community.
                              To continue on its current course, its journey to the status of 'failed' state gets closer with each passing day.

A state built on shifting sand, lead by a small number of 'royal' families and run like political fiefdoms clinging to power with the Ottoman mentality of bribery, collusion and thievery has no future.

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

Oh well greece will lose the torism factor if it doesn't improve it's fascilities.It's a catch 22.How do you think if you went to athens with stray dogs & dogshit everywhere on the streets.I think the only thing tourist would be the islands but that quickly being erroded.
                                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X