• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
    Dont get your hopes up Bill, It wont happen anytime soon. ^
    There are laws against this, then after our laws there is our ppl.
    Turks can dream though. lol.

No islands for sale, Greek minister says

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.p...ays-2011-07-07
    When the EU squeeze your nuts tighter, you will sell. Every local law goes out the window and the power of EU dominates. And the people will be the Turks slaves working on these Islands to survive, why would they complain.

Ahhhhhh European Union, the destroyer of nations.

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Voltron
      Banned
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
      Voltron
      As at December 2010:-
      USA - 9,300 tonnes
      Greece - 111.7 tonnes
      Source:- World Gold Council

What do you think the Americans were doing with all that money gathered from overseas investors and put into the US mortgage market?
      We are only a country of 12million. If we were to boot out all the undesirables and default on our debt we can then maybe use that Gold to slowly rebuild the country. The way I look at it, it will take at least a decade to have things get better under the IMF. So why dont we default like Argentina, and start from a better position ? By the 10th year we would be in a lot better position then we would with the IMF owing over 400 billion Euros. Like I said, I dont know what the hellour politicians are doing.

Comment

• Voltron
        Banned
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
        When the EU squeeze your nuts tighter, you will sell. Every local law goes out the window and the power of EU dominates. And the people will be the Turks slaves working on these Islands to survive, why would they complain.

Ahhhhhh European Union, the destroyer of nations.

You think that the Turks are the only ones that have money ? Do you have any idea how many multi-millionaires that are Greek ? We will find a workaround, we always do anyway.

Comment

• makedonche
          • Oct 2008

We are only a country of 12million. If we were to boot out all the undesirables and default on our debt we can then maybe use that Gold to slowly rebuild the country. The way I look at it, it will take at least a decade to have things get better under the IMF. So why dont we default like Argentina, and start from a better position ? By the 10th year we would be in a lot better position then we would with the IMF owing over 400 billion Euros. Like I said, I dont know what the hellour politicians are doing.
          voltron
          I don't think that's a real good idea at all, the consquences would be far worse for many years to come by defaulting. The smart thing to do would be to sell of assets and get rid of the debt rsther than avoiding the responsibility. I agree with your question - what the hell are your politicians doing - wev'e got some of them as well and wonder the same thing, as a matter of fact if you look at politicians the world over it's difficult to find any with integrity!
          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Voltron
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
            voltron
            I don't think that's a real good idea at all, the consquences would be far worse for many years to come by defaulting. The smart thing to do would be to sell of assets and get rid of the debt rsther than avoiding the responsibility. I agree with your question - what the hell are your politicians doing - wev'e got some of them as well and wonder the same thing, as a matter of fact if you look at politicians the world over it's difficult to find any with integrity!
            What consequences Makedonche ? Consequences as a Regional impact ? Or even Global in some cases ? Good. This is the card that should be used right now.

For Greece it cant get any worse at this point. The only thing that would be worse is to follow your suggestion in selling off our assets.
            Why the heck would we want to do that ? Our assets belong to the Greek ppl, and to Greece. Maybe next time around it will actually be used in a proper manner to benefit this country and ppl.

Default and start over. That is the only way. If it ruffles some feathers, what can I say. Fuck em.

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

For Greece it cant get any worse at this point. The only thing that would be worse is to follow your suggestion in selling off our assets.
              Why the heck would we want to do that ? Our assets belong to the Greek ppl, and to Greece. Maybe next time around it will actually be used in a proper manner to benefit this country and ppl.

Default and start over. That is the only way. If it ruffles some feathers, what can I say. Fuck em.
              Half the assets belong to Greece and its people (and that's disputable) the other half belongs to the Macedonians.
              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• vojnik
                • Apr 2011

What do you mean by fuck em voltron your comment is absurd you are pretty asking the world to pay for greeces problem you would rather see greece sink the world into depression then it sell it's assets well I think that is rather selfish of you I really don't want to sit here in australia and suffer for greeces and other countries mistakes. Above you stated that greece always finds a way to work around things its that ' working around' that got your country into this mess. Even you yourself have doubts about defaulting and starting over as you stated above ' maybe next time round' yes maybe maybe if the country wasn't founded by corruption it wouldn't be like this. The land that you now call greek belonged to various people a large section belonged to macedonians the land was not freed by greeks but by the west so if you 'greeks' need to sell 'your' assests in order to gace minimal effects on the rest of the world them by all means do so I'm sure the eu and west support selling the assests cause they couldn't give a shit really about greece

Comment

• Voltron
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by vojnik View Post
                  What do you mean by fuck em voltron your comment is absurd you are pretty asking the world to pay for greeces problem you would rather see greece sink the world into depression then it sell it's assets well I think that is rather selfish of you I really don't want to sit here in australia and suffer for greeces and other countries mistakes. Above you stated that greece always finds a way to work around things its that ' working around' that got your country into this mess. Even you yourself have doubts about defaulting and starting over as you stated above ' maybe next time round' yes maybe maybe if the country wasn't founded by corruption it wouldn't be like this. The land that you now call greek belonged to various people a large section belonged to macedonians the land was not freed by greeks but by the west so if you 'greeks' need to sell 'your' assests in order to gace minimal effects on the rest of the world them by all means do so I'm sure the eu and west support selling the assests cause they couldn't give a shit really about greece
                  Vojnik, ppl default all the time. This is not a matter of ethics or moral obligation but financial obligation and interests. You cant have Credit Agencies that have ulterior motives that attempt to economically destroy and thus control soverign nations just because there exists an elite group that make millions off of it. Just like you cant have incompetent banks in the US getting bailed out when they should be held responsible for their actions. They get bailed out and now they walk away with million dollar bonuses as if business is usual.

This is not our crisis. We didnt start this and we sure as hell arent going to go with the flow just to make a small elite of greedy pigs that much richer. Nobody ever asked us in a referendum or anything if we wanted to live like this. You can be complacent all you want, but it aint going to happen over here.

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Vojnik, ppl default all the time. This is not a matter of ethics or moral obligation but financial obligation and interests. You cant have Credit Agencies that have ulterior motives that attempt to economically destroy and thus control soverign nations just because there exists an elite group that make millions off of it. Just like you cant have incompetent banks in the US getting bailed out when they should be held responsible for their actions. They get bailed out and now they walk away with million dollar bonuses as if business is usual.

This is not our crisis. We didnt start this and we sure as hell arent going to go with the flow just to make a small elite of greedy pigs that much richer. Nobody ever asked us in a referendum or anything if we wanted to live like this. You can be complacent all you want, but it aint going to happen over here.
                    Although non-specific concepts of madness have been around for several thousand years, the psychiatrist and philosopher Karl Jaspers was the first to define the three main criteria for a belief to be considered delusional in his 1917 book General Psychopathology. These criteria are:

1. Certainty (held with absolute conviction)
                    2. Incorrigibility (not changeable by compelling counterargument or proof to the contrary)
                    3. Impossibility or falsity of content (implausible, bizarre or patently untrue)

The most recent Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders defines a delusion as:

A false belief based on incorrect inference about external reality that is firmly sustained despite what almost everybody else believes and despite what constitutes incontrovertible and obvious proof or evidence to the contrary...

Jaspers, Karl (1997). General Psychopathology. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press. ISBN 0-8018-5775-9.
                    Last edited by Phoenix; 07-08-2011, 05:01 AM.

Comment

• Voltron
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2011

Strategic defaulting is a business decision and is not something someone should feel morally responsible to avoid. It is exactly the same thing that is happening with homeowners that have mortagages that are higher than what their homes are worth. How come nobody is asking how that came to be and who's fault that is for becoming like this ?

Track your personal stock portfolios and watch lists, and automatically determine your day gain and total gain at Yahoo Finance

Just a Business Decision?

Today, Maddux helps thousands of people "strategically walk away" from their loans. While many people may think a borrower has a moral obligation to pay the mortgage even if the home is $100,000 or more underwater, Maddux disagrees. He says if the mortgage were a moral obligation, that would be stated in the contract. He sees mortgages simply as a business deal, and the decision to walk away as a business decision.

Comment

• vojnik
                        • Apr 2011

Yes but why should the world have top suffer from greece defaulting? Greece needs to avoid defaulting at all costs. They took a business risk by choosing a path of corruption so they must pay for it not the world they made a bad choice your arguing that everything should suffer because of a bad business decision. Let's say I for interest made a bad investment by buying a house I knew I couldn't afford but had contacts in government departments that would help me out by covering up certain debts etc now one day a person outside this circle of corruption spots that I evaded certain taxes etc he them ees it and am forced to pay it back or face being prosecuted. Should I make my whole street cup in so I can be saved for my poor decision note if answer is yes that means everyone on that street that is living an honest life must carry my debt on their shoulders simply cause I had the right to walk away

Comment

• Voltron
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by vojnik View Post
                          Yes but why should the world have top suffer from greece defaulting? Greece needs to avoid defaulting at all costs. They took a business risk by choosing a path of corruption so they must pay for it not the world they made a bad choice your arguing that everything should suffer because of a bad business decision. Let's say I for interest made a bad investment by buying a house I knew I couldn't afford but had contacts in government departments that would help me out by covering up certain debts etc now one day a person outside this circle of corruption spots that I evaded certain taxes etc he them ees it and am forced to pay it back or face being prosecuted. Should I make my whole street cup in so I can be saved for my poor decision note if answer is yes that means everyone on that street that is living an honest life must carry my debt on their shoulders simply cause I had the right to walk away
                          Negative ^ Lets say you bought a home for 300,000 because at the time Banks were handing out loans like cupcakes and increasing your property value at the same time. Then the bubble bursts and your home that once was 300,000 is now worth 150,000. You still owe 300,000 over the next 35yrs of your life. Now, you tell me, why should you have to pay out of your ass for the rest of your life for something that is not even worth it ? Its not your fault that the ppl that were responsible for this disaster screwed up out of pure greed and incompetence. They were making billions knowing that one day this would happen. Then when disaster strikes they ask the federal govt to bail them out ! Putting again all the weight on the taxpayers. As if they dont have a full plate already. Its really quite remarkable how ppl turn a blind eye to this and put the blame on sunbathing Greeks. Christ are really heading towards a world of hurt.

Comment

• Onur
                            • Apr 2010

Stojanecec & Risto.
                            You cant compare the beaches of Greece to Australia.
                            The beach you have over there is the ocean not a sea like the Aegean. In fact I would say there are very few remote places on our planet that comes close to our beaches.
                            Voltron, we got same beaches and same sun in Turkey and with higher quality facilities in vast lands, much bigger and better than Greece can offer.

Yes, Turkish people are not like Germans or Japanese but we are much more hardworking than you. But i don't blame you, if we would live with the credit cards of German taxpayers for 20+ years and if French taxpayers money would even be used to fix erection problems of our retired army officers, then we would surely be like you. Actually if you provide that to the Japanese people, then i am sure they would be as lazy as you. So, sun&sea&mediterranean weather are not related with your laziness.

Comment

• Voltron
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                              Voltron, we got same beaches and same sun in Turkey and with higher quality facilities in vast lands, much bigger and better than Greece can offer.

Yes, Turkish people are not like Germans or Japanese but we are much more hardworking than you. But i don't blame you, if we would live with the credit cards of German taxpayers for 20+ years and if French taxpayers money would even be used to fix erection problems of our retired army officers, then we would surely be like you. Actually if you provide that to the Japanese people, then i am sure they would be as lazy as you. So, sun&sea&mediterranean weather are not related with your laziness.
                              Now where does Turkey come into this thread you pompous gook ?
                              Yeah, its facilities are so great that we have Turks flooding our islands in Kefallonia, Cyclades and even one sorry bastard that wanted to buy a few.

Now if you would, pls go back to your yurt and milk a lama or something.

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

voltron onur is right the beaches that onur is talking about are worldclass beaches catering
                                for the masses not just a handfull of tourists,Ok greece may have a handfull of beaches but turkey has heaps more.
                                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X