X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voltron
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

For me worse case scenario is to keep this charade going. Being under the control of the IMF = New World Order while having them dangle the "Sword of Damocles" over are heads is a nightmare in itself. They are attempting to blackmail us at every chance they get. To receving additional funding from the IMF, they want to place conditions that we will sell soverign assets such as Airports, Expressways, Ports.

To me this is an economic invasion, and in many ways worse than being invaded militarily. This is an excellent example of how in today's world money is being used instead of weapons.

To answer your question though, Worse case scenario is that we take the whole southern european basin with us ( Portugal, Spain and Italy ). Maybe even Ireland as well. If Greece bails, who is to say the rest of the PIGS dont ? That is something we should convey to our northern european counterparts. Its painfully apparant that our politicians are missing " a pair ".

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

So basically, take the money (which has already been done) and run. Don't you think that Greece needs to be held accountable for its actions?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Voltron
        Banned
        • Jan 2011

Im sure there will be a price to pay. I dont think it will be an easy process to bail and run. The people have paid their dues, the people that should be held accountable are our politicians. For this I agree with you 110%.

Argentina is a good case to look at. They defaulted and now they are in a better position than we are. It will take over 10 years using the current IMF method for Greece to even consider getting better. The question Greece should ask is how will we be 10 years from now after defaulting ? In Argentina's case, people lost their savings in the banks. That is a bitter pill to swallow, but I would think people start withdrawing their savings and depositing in off shore banks. The rich tax dodgers have been doing just that for years. A local economist said that there is more money located outside of Greece than of what we actually owe. Thats means in excess of 400 billion Euros, and I believe him. If that money was located inside Greece we wouldnt be in this position today. Its high time the the low and middle class stop paying the price for economic crimes committed by self serving interests groups/people. My thinking is if we are going to pay the price, than we might as well try to take as many of them down with us.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Are there any current legal proceedings against corrupt politicians that have done the majority of 'milking' or have these theives got immunity? I agree that the common people don't deserve to be punished, but someone will need to pay.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Voltron
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

No, unfortuanlty there isnt. They are protected by political asylum. There is talk of trying to change it but I doubt I will ever see a Greek politician in jail. Same thing goes for well off connected individuals. They will never see the inside of a jailcell.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Are you serious? What a joke. That needs to change, even in Macedonia and elswhere in Europe that sort of thing takes place. But then again, look at what happened to Zoran Thaler recently, the Graecophile (or opportunistic?) Slovenian politician

Comment

• Voltron
                Banned
                • Jan 2011

Yes, unfortuantly thats the way it is over here.

Berlusconi in Italy is also a similar situation like here. He gets away with under age sex with minors and nothing happens. Power and money goes a long way. The USA is the only country that I know of that has a record of putting people in high poslitions in jail. Im not too familiar with other European countries.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

In Macedonia, our former president was in the habit of providing pardons for crooked politicians. In many way, places like Australia, America and Canada have a better system of governance because, despite the European origin of many of their institutions, for the most part they didn't bring a precedent for each of them. In Europe, politicians still think they are medieval barons that can do as they please. Try that garbage in Australia, America and Canada and you will serve time or be penalised in most cases. The governments in those countries too, however, are far from perfect.

Comment

• Imagination
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    So basically, take the money (which has already been done) and run. Don't you think that Greece needs to be held accountable for its actions?
                    The Greeks are already undergoing reforms, like removing state officials and etc. I doubt it will fail. If it does fail it will have to sell some of its islands.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Imagination, do you know why it is important to declare your origins here? So others can gauge your opinion adequately. At the moment, all you do is make passer-by comments, act like you're informed, but avoid criticism of any kind because you hide your true ethno-national identity. It really does leave much to the imagination. Do yourself a favour and come clean, because sooner or later your cryptic approach will render you irrelevant.

Comment

• Imagination
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                        Imagination, do you why it is important to declare your origins here? So others can gauge your opinion adequately. At the moment, all you do is make passer-by comments, act like you're informed, but avoid criticism of any kind because you hide your true ethno-national identity. It really does leave much to the imagination. Do yourself a favour and come clean, because sooner or later your cryptic approach will render you irrelevant.
                        That is not a comment, Merkel proposed them a crisis measure, as crazy as it seems she really did mean the islands. And if a person is so interested in the Greek crisis he should read not just the bad parts, but the optimistic parts too. And for the last time I cannot reveal something that has already been revealed. And if some of the so called "Senior Members" are really taken seriously, I wonder what does it really means to be relevant.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Keep up the charade, it will only end up making you look more stupid when you're eventually exposed for the fraud that you are.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                            • Apr 2010

you greeks need to look in the streets and see the innocent people who are dying and trying to make a living. It sounds like voltron and inmagination are not in the same boat as the lower class people in greece. Wonder how much Papadreou and his puppets stuffed in your pockets to play the pitty fiddle.
                            Makedoncite se borat
                            za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                            - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Voltron
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
                              you greeks need to look in the streets and see the innocent people who are dying and trying to make a living. It sounds like voltron and inmagination are not in the same boat as the lower class people in greece. Wonder how much Papadreou and his puppets stuffed in your pockets to play the pitty fiddle.
                              No one is dying in the streets Makedontz. We are currently being overrun by all kinds of refugees trying to enter Europe while our country is going through an economic meltdown.

That said, I am seriously entertaining going back home. Im fed up with the politicians and the fact nobody is going to jail than anything else.

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

Voltron stop making excuses greece has only itself to blame for the meltdown.The name issue is also greece's fault.Macedonia is bending backwards to accommodate your stupid country with it's incessant requirements.One would question why is it doing it when 130 countries around the world have recognized macedonia under it's constitutional name.Greece is supposed to be macedoni'as neighbour & macedonia has been misstreated
                                by constant interfeering in it's affairs by greece.Also if the IMF says greece is steeped in shit what does that tell you.That should tell you that greece has been getting away with nurder over the years.It's people like you voltron who don't question your govt why it's doing what it's doing just giving your stamp of approval.
                                Last edited by George S.; 03-22-2011, 03:11 PM. Reason: ed
                                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X