X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pelister
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    I don't think they're specifically hell-bent on destroying the Macedonian identity, I just think they are too weak to defend it, and would therefore rather take an opportunistic viewpoint where it concerns the Macedonian Cause, which, as a by-product, does contribute to the destruction of the Macedonian identity. I mean, how many times have we read a UMD press release which harps on about having Greece honour the interim accord which requires Macedonia to be called FYROM?
    I think you are very close to the truth there SOM - 'opportunistic viewpoint'. There are many people at UMD, and very specifically Gruevski himself, who has gained alot of political mileage by continuing to propogate the presupposition that the negotiations were "imposed on us". I would have to say that it is one of the greatest pieces of propaganda facing all Macedonians, who automatically assume that the leaders of the country are negotiating our identity with our enemies because the U.N has blocked us. That simply isn't true. It was a Macedonian politician (I still don't know who made the decision), who moved it out of the U.N, so that individual politicians could negotiate (not discuss, I must stress), our identity. This has to be one of the most treasonous acts in history. Now its anyones game, and the political whores are loving it. It pays for UMD to push the myth that what is happening right now is a result "out of our contro". That has to be one of the greatest myths going around. The evidence clearly states that it was the Macedonian politicians who created the 'negotiations' in the first place. They "negotiations" were instigated by the Macedonians, not the Greeks! These individual Macedonians politicians created it - have put our national and political identity into real time play. We have individual politicians now who are not 'discussing' our identity (which is what should be happening), they are 'negotiating' it. They have moved it out of the U.N - put our identity and political existence into their own hands, and are now trying to convince the Macedonian people the Greeks did it, not us.
    Last edited by Pelister; 07-14-2011, 02:40 AM.

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

the cat is out of the bag when it comes to the umd as we know what they are upto.They want to raise a lot of money at the detriment of the macedobian cause.Anything to raise a buck.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
        • Aug 2010

UMD, continue to lose support (older nasi) in Toronto while they continue to fail at attracting the Macedonian youth and or new members. UMD, is a good or as bad as Macedonia 2025 so let the results speak for themselves.

What were the election results, I can't find that information? Did, every member have a vote or is the UMD a privately owned company?

United they Can - Wine & Cheese
        Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 07-14-2011, 10:41 AM.
        http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

It probably is a private company because if it were public you could view it's accounts.
          The wine is needed to boose the members up & the cheese is a nibbly in the trap so that they can feel social & donate 1000 $ needed for salaries & fringe benefits.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• vicsinad
            • May 2011

As sad as it is because of the disunity it shows within the Macedonian community, this is always the most entertaining thread.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
              As sad as it is because of the disunity it shows within the Macedonian community, this is always the most entertaining thread.
              You can't have unity among two opposing ideological views.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• vicsinad
                • May 2011

That's very true.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                  You can't have unity among two opposing ideological views.
                  most, macedonians don't support the umd and their american dreams for makedonija, nato & the eu (typo) ..
                  FINALLY, MACEDONIAN DUSMAN AND UMD AWARD WINNER PHIL REEKER HAS BEEN .. FIRED!!

NOTE

If, you support the UMD avoid accepting ANY award because you may die, be fired or much worse.
                  Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 07-15-2011, 06:20 AM.
                  http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• BigMak
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana View Post
                    What were the election results, I can't find that information?
                    its seems to be obvious what they are doing, Dame Krcoski will be the next pres, thats why a no vote, and he was elected as new board member.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

It appears there were no elections. The only public announcement that was made was that the self-proclaimed board added an extra member.
                      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Zarni
                        Banned
                        • May 2011

Why does the UMD bother Australians so much, I easily ignore them

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

UMD's latest letter to the US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, has demonstrated its dishonesty and true intentions with regard to the name negotiations. While UMD pretends to call for an end to name negotiations, it insists that Greece fully comply with the Interim Accord - of which the name negotiations are an integral part.

In Meto's letter to Clinton, he goes into a diatribe about how Greece should fully meet its obligations under the Interim Accord:

Similarly, Greece‟s block in 2008 at the Bucharest NATO summit of Macedonia‟s accession into the Alliance was a blatant violation of Greece‟s obligations under the 1995 Interim Accord with Macedonia. Under Article 11 of the Interim Accord, Greece “agrees not to object to the application by or the membership of [Macedonia] in international, multilateral and regional organizations and institutions [e.g., NATO] of which [Greece] is a member; however, [Greece] reserves the right to object to any membership referred to above if and to the extent [Macedonia] is to be referred to in such organization or institution differently than in paragraph 2 of the United Nations Security Council resolution 817 (1993).” Macedonia, in applying for NATO membership, was not to be referred to differently than the manner Greece demanded – i.e., Macedonia would be referred to pursuant to the foregoing resolution 817. Greece, nonetheless, and entirely in bad faith, refused to fulfill its major quid pro quo under the Interim Accord. Greece‟s detestable act is now the subject of litigation before the International Court of Justice in The Hague.
                          Did Meto ever consider the fact that by calling on Greece to comply with the Interim Accord he is effectively calling on Macedonia to comply with it as well? We already know what that means, and if someone still doesn’t, then they should read the Interim Accord before attempting to engage any further into Macedonian affairs. But to spell it out, it means giving up our freedom by allowing Greece to dictate to us the contents of the Macedonian constitution, the symbols that we use, and forcing us to change our name and identity, while stopping us from protecting the rights of Macedonians living in Greece. It also means accepting the FYROM terminology.

In fact, Meto called Greece’s veto of Macedonia’s entry into NATO under the FYROM terminology a “detestable act”! What is detestable is his acceptance of that terminology and his willingness to negate our inalienable rights.

Just in case Clinton missed Meto’s message, he repeated his full support for the Interim Accord (meaning support for all of the above):

Greece‟s stubbornness and total disregard for its obligations under the 1995 Interim Accord with Macedonia have resulted in Macedonia wrongfully being blocked from accession into NATO.
                          (and to violate its obligation under the 1995 Interim Accord to not object to Macedonia‟s entry into NATO when using the term to which the parties agreed when they went before the UN in 1993)
                          So what does Meto Koloski and his UMD really thing about the name negotiations? Are they really honest about calling for their end and reinstating Macedonian freedom? I don’t think so.

The full text of his letter can be found at the following link:

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

1995 Interim Accord to not object to Macedonia‟s entry into NATO when using the term to which the parties agreed when they went before the UN in 1993)
                            That term is 'former yugoslav Republic of Macedonia', usually written with the acronym FYROM. Instead of insisting that the Interim Accord be dropped and Macedonia be respected by its official name, the UMD support Macedonia being called FYROM in NATO, and demand that Greece do the same. Let this serve as an example on how the ideologies differ between the MTO Inc. and the UMD.

The MTO Inc. will never support Macedonia being referred to as FYROM - not under any circumstances.
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• julie
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                              That term is 'former yugoslav Republic of Macedonia', usually written with the acronym FYROM. Instead of insisting that the Interim Accord be dropped and Macedonia be respected by its official name, the UMD support Macedonia being called FYROM in NATO, and demand that Greece do the same. Let this serve as an example on how the ideologies differ between the MTO Inc. and the UMD.

The MTO Inc. will never support Macedonia being referred to as FYROM - not under any circumstances.
                              Where are the UMD and their lackeys to spout their strategic allegiance to USA, they have been absent!
                              The UMD are FALSE representatives of the Macedonian diaspora, and should change their name
                              God Bless Macedonia, Macedonians that support the Macedonian cause and the MTO
                              SOM for president
                              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

They are absent because since being asked a certain question a little while ago, they have refused to address it. Here is the link from a few pages back on this thread:

I don't like UMD's politics, I've made no secret of that. A number of things need to be raised about their politics, and where they stand in relation to Macedonian politics. Some of their members supported a name change for NATO membership, even though the negotations were so heavily one sided in favor of the Greeks, who

Here is what the UMD (Meto) said in relation to the ancient symbol of the Macedonians:
                                Greeks cannot have exclusivity to this symbol.
                                And I responded with the below:
                                How about the Macedonians, do they have the right to exclusively claim the ancient Macedonian symbol as their national symbol?
                                The question remains unanswered, and as a consequence the UMD have remained absent. The sun has been a historic, cultural and national symbol of Macedonians in the past, so Macedonia today should naturally have the exclusive right to use the ancient Macedonian symbol as a national one.
                                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                                X